Midoki: Heightened Scrutiny for Pervasive Rule-breaking by Top 10 Guilds, please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ashraman, Jan 25, 2015.

1. wackytabacky

wackytabacky Powder Monkey

[​IMG]
    Seriously? THIS ASKING FOR HELP DURING YOUR "Push" for #4 is pathetic. Don't ever ask me or my guild members to help you out. After making a thread bashing the top 10 guilds. You expect this to be just cool. How about asking midoki in a pm? Why publasize your hate for the top 10? You clearly don't know your facts. Offering money for help is sad. You get help by making friends not paying. Why call them "the Chinese guilds" why can't you just say the top 3 guilds? Seems a lot or racism and prejudice still exists even in a fun game. Think before you make threads. You may piss off the wrong group one of these days. Midoki thanks for throwing traffic at my account when I login btw means a bunch!

2. Ashraman

Ashraman First Mate

Wacky,

I encourage you to read my posts more carefully. When I speak of the top 10 guilds, I am talking about Bad Piggies too. If you pay attention, you'll see we've passed your guild every time we push.

I welcome heightened scrutiny of the Bad Piggies the next time we push to the top five because I know my members strive to play fairly. I'm sure your guild's leader Apes feels the same way. Why wouldn't you?

As far as racism goes, I live in Taiwan and speak Chinese very well. We have many Chinese members and I communicate with them in Chinese. I have condemned racist attacks against Chinese players on these very boards and my posts were quoted approvingly by Midoki.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    Tex and The Fish Eyed Pirate like this.
  3. At least Bad Piggies has some common sense and doesn't allow bug exploiters in their guild because the keep up the average guildrating.

4. Landon

Landon First Mate

Shots fired! But I didn't wanna comment regarding the whole mercenary thing you had going on during your push @Bad Piggies, but I figured doing a push together as a guild in whom you grew, trained, and spent time with is a more unified way of showing how strong your guild is. :oops:

Captain Monkey likes this.
  5. Not really a mercenary thing.. You have a chance of winning €100 when you are in their guild. They just ask for an alliance. Just like the Chinese guilds "help" each other.

Tex likes this.
  6. wackytabacky

wackytabacky Powder Monkey

Yeah you pass us cause other guilds players help you! That's not a push that's merging for a few days lmao. Your pathetic for asking other guilds for help. A couple months back you were praising the top 3 guilds now your bashing them... Make up your mind.

7. Passionate Plunder Pirate player we've got here, bravo my good sir, but don't you think the developers should focus on more important tasks like adding new content instead of fixing the leaderboard problems and stuff?
    I believe they already have ample work to do due to the impending launch of this wonderful game on Android and also the never ending task of adding new features, IN MY OPINION, give the developers a break and stop whinging about pathetic problems like this.
    Do you get anything beneficial by being No.1 or being in a clan that is #1 in the game, besides you feeling good about that 'achievement' of yours?

Smelly_Vile and Marmaladesix like this.
  8. *guild, sorry bout that, hehe

9. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

I think if there is something wrong with the scores we should let the developers know so they can investigate the issue and modify the program or rules. Cheaters and score manipulators take away the fun of playing. If in any game I was told "try your hardest, but you can never be number one because number one cheats" I think this would be fair reason to not bother trying at all. I consider a manipulation of games to rig the outcome based on something other than skill a cheat.

It looks like the issue is being addressed by Midoki. If it continues I will submit reports to Midoki or might even post a new message here. I am a paying customer.

It is unfortunate that this simple request in this thread leads to trolls and personal attacks, but hey it's the internet and there is a certain type of person that likes doing that sort of thing.

Now, I would like to address a fact or two about myself, before personal attacks pop up.

#1 I am in the Bad Piggies guild. It is the first guild I joined and I could not be more pleased with my choice. The folks there are friendly and help each other and generally have a good time.

#2 We regularly "push" to gain a top spot on the leaderboard. It is a this activity that led me personally to the realization that the very high scores on the leaderboard were not obtainable in normal play. OK, well maybe this is an opinion since I do not have first hand knowledge. I have messages here and personal experience and guild players' experiences. Realizing other people and guilds cheat pretty much eliminated my desire to push upward for trophies.

The argument that people cheat in all games is not a valid one. I do not play those other games where people cheat and Midoki probably does not operate the game of which you speak. See, we have a customer-business relationship on this game, not those games. If I have a problem with Clash of Clans cheaters I would not post that here in a forum hosted by this company. Maybe instead of mentioning cheats in other games here to obfuscate this issue you go post that in the correct forum elsewhere.

#3 And this is the most important of all. I cheat. I explore fast, I upgrade fast, I train fast, and I recruit fast. Sometimes I even cheat to get grog to fight past level 600. Midoki welcomes my cheating because I do it by buying their gems with real money, which as I understand in business is the goal of their company. Exploit cheaters and score manipulators make me not want to play their game. I don't think I am the only person with this simple morality. I think Midoki wants to know when the paying customers feel cheated. I think every business would want to know. Do you know what a cheated customer does to future customers?

So at this point Midoki knows their customers have these issues. Why don't we all just wait to see what happens and when? What happens and when are the two things that will modify my activity with this game.

Tex, Willard and The Fish Eyed Pirate like this.
  10. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

First of all, I just want to confirm if Midoki has released any official word on how will they respond to this Leaderboard issue.

11. To be exactly there are two known loopholes that are used by a group of top players.
    - Loophole concerning guildmembers who leave their guild to lose attacks on purpose to boost PR of other members from his/hers previous guild.
    No official word from Midoki if and how they will respond
    - Loophole concerning stacking of buildings by utilizing a bug in the island editor.
    Midoki has warned players who utilize this bug to stop and is giving them time to change their lay-out. After that they will take more severe actions

12. TBird

TBird Captain

Don't forget the free troop bug too (fixed today.... maybe?)

13. Yeah they promised that it would be fixed so didn't include it. But since I don't use it :rolleyes: I have no idea wether it's really fixed or not

14. TBird

TBird Captain

15. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Partially fixed - the one method of doing it has been fixed as it was a server-side issue, the other was client side so has gone into the next update.

Please do report any stackers in that thread (plus also through the in-game support tool) - we're making our way through the ranks and reassessing on a daily basis, but there might be the odd one or two that evade the Eye of Sauron*, or decides to re-stack and needs further action.

* The Eye of Sauron can be very cruel and put all of the resources and Pirate Hall in a pile on one side of the base, and the defences on the other...

16. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

Thanks for the info. I had already found out about the official response to the stacking bug earlier.

Thanks Lynsey and Midoki for tackling the stacking bug! Now, any word on what Fish Eyed Pirate mentioned above about guildmembers that leave guild and lose attacks to boost PR of ex-guildmates?

17. TBird

TBird Captain

Love it... Saw that on one of the stacked bases this morning.
    Everything moved all over the place outside the walls.... PH all by itself inside the walls, with puddles around it... Wish I could have attacked it (when is that "attack this base" button being added???).
    Great job Midoki team!!

18. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

I like the way the Eye of Sauron thinks.

Tikigirl likes this.
  19. TBird

TBird Captain

Nice!!! Biggest offender "fixed"
    Great job Eye of Sauron!!!!
    [​IMG]

Ashraman likes this.
  20. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Hope their shields are dropped too!