Need a break from 24/7 Guild Rumbles? Join or Visit Midnight Raiders

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by Tiger Claw, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Welcome to the Midnight Raiders recruitment thread. This is your first step in learning about a guild that offers something uniquely tailored to all Plunder Pirates.

About the captain and his vision of MR:

I’m a seasoned player with a maxed PH 8 base (PH 9 now in the works). I established Midnight Raiders with a primary emphasis on being a competitive and drama free guild. A guild for all players, new, seasoned and/or already committed.

Allow me to explain the “Committed” part. This is the part about MR that can set it apart from most (if not all) other guilds.

I’m offering MR as a short term getaway spot for all guilds to consider visiting and perhaps meeting with other rival guilds. Think of it as a Neutral Zone location. Like Switzerland. A place where players are just players not rivals (temporarily).

I'm not talking about a vacation from playing or a guild of inactive players, players would still be expected to contribute to donations and perks. Instead, I envision a guild where players from all guilds could drop in, be it for a day or a week. Whether it's to say 'hi' and meet other players, or to take a break from rumbles/wars whilst they're farming/building, or just to have a short break from their regular guild to talk a little smack before meeting again on the battlefield. This might also help invigorate players who have lost a bit of love for the game - a change is as good as a holiday, or so they say.

This is not a guild trying to poach members from any guild. Whilst we may inadvertently end up with a regular core membership (automatic joining), I really intend for this to be a 'drop in' guild, a meeting place of sorts. It might also actually help other guilds retain members in the long term, especially if your guild is ultra-competitive. For example you may have some members that dislike the level of competition but don't want to leave permanently - perhaps a short break is all they need? A simple "I'm heading over to Midnight Raiders for a few days, see you soon".

Speaking of crew:

MR is seeking a regular crew of in/around 10-15 dedicated players. Perhaps more, but that depends on whether or not other guilds come and visit. Keeping 35-40 slots open for visitors seems like a good starting point.

Speaking of visitors:

Visitors to MR will be asked what Guild they represent and the duration of their visit. It will also be expected (not requested) that they are active inside chat and help fund perks and guild ship donations. Visitors will remain at the rank of “Cabin Boy”. Doing so will make it easy for everyone to identify crew and/or visitors.

Crew Requirements:

• Seek to obtain and donate to all available perks (no free loading)
    • Be active at least once every couple of days (at a minimum) to assist with perk funding
    • Display a reasonable degree of social activity inside chat
    • Be friendly and respectful to your fellow ship mates

Guild Update: 08/28/15

My original goal of Midnight Raiders was to create a guild for other guild members to visit and relax. It was my intent (at that time) to keep a small and dedicated crew. What happened next was completely unexpected. Players starting arriving, but not to visit, but rather be part of the Midnight Crew. I was still hopeful that other guilds might visit, but after 30 days it seemed we were destined towards taking another path.

Within 60 days Midnight Raiders exploded with more and more players arriving and wanting to be part of the crew. In the absence of other guilds visiting our focus shifted. Midnight Raiders reached maximum capacity in an astonishing 63 days.

In-game chat has been going off the hook. Perk and Guild Ship donations happen so fast that donating alone has become its own game of speed and bragging rights.

Midnight Raiders might be full right now, but not to worry. The success we experienced brought forth a new companion guild called Midnight Rumbles.

Midnight Rumbles will be Midnight Raiders rumbling guild, but like Midnight Raiders, it will be tailored around the individual players. This new guild will be a playground of sorts for current Midnight Raider crew as well as new members seeking a competitive atmosphere.

Midnight Rumbles opens for enrollment 08/28 2pm PST. For more information please PM @awbo also known as JJ.

TiGeR

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  2. Tiger is one of the most friendly and helpfull people I know on this forum. And i'm pretty sure his guild would be a top notch guild!
    Make sure you join these guys if you think this fits your description!

3. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Thanks for the kind words Fish :)

I hope things work out. I have a Taven full of maxed trained pirates. All ready to assist lower level players upon request. If anything, this could be a nice place for beginners to start before advancing to the major leagues, i.e., Red Flag Fleet.

TiGeR

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  4. awbo

awbo Captain

Newly formed Midnight Raiders filling up fast, only 44 spots left! Come and chill with @Tiger Claw, play with some maxed out troops and build your base without worrying about rumbles. All welcome.

Christy likes this.
  5. Christy

Christy Commodore

This is a great idea for a guild. Great way for new players to learn some strategies from some long time players. A good place to relax and take a break and get to know other players without a huge list of rules and regulations. And I can't think of a better captain the. @Tiger Claw :) I've known him in game for a very long time. Great guy. I would be proud to have him as my captain any day and will spread the word around. May even shock you and stop in myself one day to say hi :)

BigBarnacles, Ian, awbo and 1 other person like this.
  6. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Updated initial recruitment post to better explain the vision of Midnight Raiders.

TiGeR

7. awbo

awbo Captain

Who will be the first to visit? All are welcome. Looking forward to saying 'hi' to our first drop-in.

@Raptelan I would love you to come over even for a couple of hours if you can spare a little time away from your guild and share some replays with the new WD AI and your troop composition, I am having a hard time adjusting my army and battle strategy.

8. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Recruitment bump as well as a reminder...

Midnight Raiders is a "Rumble" free zone. We offer a relaxed atmosphere for members to play at their own pace. No pressure, just help with the perks, etc.

TiGeR

9. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Need a break from daily guild wars? Searching for a guild that provides the time you need for your own upgrades? Consider Midnight Raiders.

TiGeR

10. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Midnight Raiders. Rumble Free. (9) slots filled. Excellent location. Focus on personal upgrades without the increase in rumble related attacks.

Join the crew or stop in and say hello.

TiGeR

awbo likes this.
  11. John56

John56 First Mate

I joined Midnight Raiders yesterday as a new player (2 days in) and they were very welcoming. Also, as a new player, having experienced players in chat who can answer questions and fill up my guild ship has been a great help.
    I'm loving my new Guild!

awbo likes this.
  12. Mad Max

Mad Max Crew

Like John, I just joined the Midnight Raiders a couple of days ago as a brand new baby pirate. Captain Tiger Claw and the rest of the Raiders have all been extremely welcoming and helpful.

The relaxed atmosphere makes the game a lot more fun (and a lot less intimidating) than it might otherwise be for a newbie. Great Guild - I'm looking forward to raiding and slugging back the grog with you guys!

awbo likes this.
  13. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Shout out to Midnight Raiders. Great and experienced captain leading this new guild. The guild will be a guarantee success under his leadership. If you are in a guild going no where, this would be a great alternative option.

Tiger Claw and awbo like this.
  14. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Thanks Spongee

We had a mini-explosion of new recruits today. I'm really enjoying the opportunity to keep the new nuggets loaded with maxed troops during their building stages. I also want to thank the teams First Mates. Without them MR might have faded into oblivion.

Still have plenty of room for those that don't mind us being "Rumble Free".

TiGeR

awbo likes this.
  15. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Following our min-explosion we had a mini-sonic boom late last night. 10 new nuggets in 2 days. :)

Speaking of nuggets..

MR could sure use a little help from a few seasoned players that have leveled up and would enjoy supporting the development of new PP players.

With warm regards to all...

TiGeR

16. Christy

Christy Commodore

Hey @Tiger Claw my son is just starting out. PH3 only. Would he be able to join? Or do you need to be a higher PH? He is in a guild now but it is inactive :(

17. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Hi Christy

You don't even need to ask. I would love having him.

PS:

Were at 18 crew now, but only (4) members have PH8 or higher. Needles to say, I'm having a tough time getting the Training Ground perk hot 24/7. If you have any members who might like to help I would surely be in your debt. ;)

TiGeR

Christy likes this.
  18. awbo

awbo Captain

PS. @Christy my son and a few of his friends are in our guild too, and they range from PH 3-6.

Christy likes this.
  19. Christy

Christy Commodore

Thanks so much. His name is Deadliest Devin :rolleyes:

Tiger Claw likes this.
  20. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain