Need some island layout tips

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by k1llyb1lly, Sep 30, 2014.

1. k1llyb1lly

k1llyb1lly Powder Monkey

Hey guys,
    I'm new on the forum as of today and ive been playing this game for 2 weeks now (love it btw)
    Can some of you guys&girls give me some tips on my island layout so far: the good and the bad :)
    Here's a picture:
    [​IMG]

Also, im looking for a active guild because the one im in right now doesnt do s**t!
    Anyway, hit me with the comments :)

2. k1llyb1lly

k1llyb1lly Powder Monkey

Nobody??

3. m4thw1z

m4thw1z Crew

You are further along than me so take it with a grain of salt but it looks as though you have thrown away the ship. It is a pretty good defense.
    Another thing would be that AI seems to be really bad, so holes in the walls are a good thing. Make one side of your base really enticing and put the holes on the other side. Troops will circle the whole base to go through the openings and then walk all the way back to the other side to attack a building. They will die before they get there.

My guild is Adult Guild, we are pretty active.

4. k1llyb1lly

k1llyb1lly Powder Monkey

The ship is next on my list...
    So holes in the walls eh.....where schould i put them?

5. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

Is it just me..or...
    Because I can't see the picture.

6. k1llyb1lly

k1llyb1lly Powder Monkey

Weird??
    M4thw1z can see it and so can i....

7. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

I see just [ IMG ] in place of the picture. (Without bracket spacing)
    The strange part is that I see only pictures easily.

8. k1llyb1lly

k1llyb1lly Powder Monkey

Posted the picture trough photobucket dunno if that has something to do with it!
    The mods should make the site so you can post a picture straight from the ipad like most sites do

9. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

I'll just say it looks good! Probably does if others say it.:D

10. I can see it, I think your lay-out looks pretty good.
    I have no experience with holes in the wall but I tend to keep my inner base compact, surround that with walls en build stuff like gold mines, distillery's en workhouses around the wall

11. m4thw1z

m4thw1z Crew

If my main priority was your loot I would go from the right side of the picture so I dont get stuck attacking the Hall. If there is an opening on the left side then thieves should run all the way around. Unless they arent consistent. It is what my theives do. If you arent being attacked by theives then holes on the top and bottom should force brutes to walk around if they attack from the left or right.

I dont currently have holes because I still only have 50 walls. My next PH I plan to use it because it is my downfall when I raid.

12. k1llyb1lly

k1llyb1lly Powder Monkey

But if you put your gold mines, distilleries etc. Outside of the wall, wouldnt it be to easy for attackers to steal al my gold etc. ?

13. I defend them with the cannons that are inside the wall. But for details you should check out my base

14. m4thw1z

m4thw1z Crew

Depends on how often you collect them. In games like this I am never worried about my mines, etc being destroyed because I collect them as much as I can. If I am going to be gone for a while I spend all of my resources and my the storages out and the mines inside.

15. Razor

Razor Crew

You base would work on me because my OCD would kick in and then I would be spazzing out on the ground :(

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  16. titus

titus Powder Monkey

That's a really good weak point you've noticed.

Thanks a lot!

17. Chaos5715

Chaos5715 First Mate

They can only loot %20 of what hasn't already been collected from mines and distilleries. Only way to loot what u have stored up is by destroying storage buildings. I gather 10k/hr from mines and distilleries and at least 200k/hr from plundering others, so mines and distilleries r insignificant to me and therefore I use them as shields. I concentrate defenses and storage in the center and surround them with other buildings as a buffer to give defenses time to kill. I it's been many days since I was last attacked, and that poor guy got slaughtered XD. I'll take a pic of my island later.

18. Sommiez

Sommiez Crew

Here is mine, pirate hall 5 [​IMG]

I utilise the mines so it could disrupt the AI
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  19. Kit

Kit First Mate

20. Sommiez

Sommiez Crew

I'm using imagur, I don't know what link to use
    There is: