New event

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Calabiyau, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Calabiyau

Calabiyau Crew

i love the new event:) I can get grog and gold and some rewards after all:rolleyes: I feel like a real pirate:p:p, I hope Midoki developed new content frecuently, and no take drastic time between events or new content:D

2. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

At first I was unsure about this event, I was thinking it would be difficult to find islands with very much loot...but I like challenges and so far it's been a nice change during this new event! This event has given me a chance to upgrade my fence segments more often and continue training my pirates to higher levels. Keep up the awesome work Midoki and please continue creating new and unique events for us inquisitive and a bit greedy pirates!!!!:p

MorganFlint likes this.
  3. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

Sorry, but this event is a beating. Gold and grog are so impossible to find, and it takes such a large amount to earn tokens. It's like if the event where you have to find PR, they cut the PR available by 50%. Gems dont help to finish it, because there aren't enough islands with resources to actually gem troops for.

The only good that I've found is I'm learning how to use my thieves.

4. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

Personally I am a bit in the middle of it.

I like that we have a new event with different angle for the game. The general rule of thumb is that per 2800 loot you earn one token. For 45.000 tokens that would mean roughly 126.120.314 Gold/grog looted. I say it again... 126 MILLION LOOT...!

1 token is 2800 loot
    45.0000 tokens is 126 MIllion Loot

The game has been designed to have less rob able loot on an island for higher players. So from a PH10 island a PH9 attacked gets more then a PH11 would. This makes it so the maxed players don't robe the lower level players poor all day long.
    It also makes it so that lower level players (not the PH1 of course) let say PH6-7 have a very good change of finishing the event opposed to the PH10 and PH11 players. However, this does make for he least level player to catch up more quickly.

I know most maxed players feel this event is a drag, but considering all players in the active player base.... I think it will be received overall as an avarage event.

Another fun thing, the final chest has been most waaaaay back in the reward line. this means that many player unable to finish other event can now also earn 1 or 2 of the EPIC and RARE outfits. Those eager enough to get all the 5 final chest are looking to upgrade LP's I guess. I think I will quite (or be pleased) if I get to the 10.000 BP on both my accounts. :D

5. Calabiyau

Calabiyau Crew

:confused::eek::eek::eek:
    Agreed, the tokens need are too much, a titan number:eek:
    And don't forget that the rewards have a fail random:confused:
    Some chest have ridiculous rewards, my epic chest was 700 Ep and a total of 70k grog :confused:-----> this is a real joke :( for 10.000 tokens:eek::confused::confused::(

6. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

In the end in all comes down to hours (and if you would like less ours, then more gems)

I know that Bar1 fro he 100 Proof Saloon has finished it already. He is at 800+ rank and last rumble 95.000 points or so... so finishing can be done at any level.

The non gemmers are not that high. And if you are at level 200-300 you.
    An easily attack 3 island just for loot with one tavern.
    If that is 3x and island with 300k gold and 300k grog.
    That totals to 1.800.000 loot = 640 tokens (roughly)

For 45.000 tokens you would need 70x that.
    So in 7 days that is 10 of those attack rounds a day
    Equals 30 attacks but no gems used. But just a lot of time...

Calabiyau likes this.
  7. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

Like several in our guild I dropped PR farming my way down below 100. Down that low,the returns dropped to 1:2600. Today I've been battling normally and currently at PR high 300s and finding plenty with grog + gold around 1 million. Currently approaching 27000 tokens so will finish the event but it is a grind.
    However, where's the scaling for lower PH's as was claimed in the FAQ's on the event. Our lower PH's have no chance of finishing the event.

8. kevedge001

kevedge001 Crew

I've tried REALLY hard to stay positive for the last few months. It always annoyed me seeing people knocking the game and Midoki but I'm afraid I'm really struggling now. Its just the same thing over and over again. This event is barely an event, its what we all do every day in order to get anything upgraded.

So I'm sorry, this event is a total failure to me and I'm having to force myself to play the game and am only doing so because of my guild mates. If it wasnt for them I'd have quit and so would they.

I never thought I'd say this but we have started to look for another game to play since we are all so desperatly bored of plunder pirates. I really really hope Midoki has some magic up their sleeves and can produce it soon or I fear the end really is neigh.

Sorry to be so negative, for those that still enjoy the game, good on you. I really really wish I still did.

9. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

Sorry to hear it. Yes, this event is more of normal game play but amped up for more reward. I absolutely get that.
    I'm not sure which guild your with but why not try visiting a few others for a greater social side to the game. I've noticed several people visiting and going back to their guilds after a day or two. We accept visitors if you want to drop by and say g'day. And there's a stack of great guilds out there doing the same. We've also started taking lower PH's to help them advance but also to have their enthusiasm about. The ball's in your court.

Mobotts likes this.
  10. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

The staking is already in place!!!

Some time ago My main and second account had different Phall levels so i could test:
    Main PH10
    second: PH8

Both got offered the same islands (a PH9 island) and during rumble within minutes after each other I saw the same island. But.... both my accounts had different amount of loot to rob from the island... So lower PHall can get better loot then higher PHalls.

That is the reason players should upgrade as much as possible before going to the next Phall level.
    It is also the mechanism that prevents maxed island to totally rob lower players broke!

The diffence was:
    PH10 attacking PH09 had 652k gold and 341k grog
    PH08 attacking PH09 had 835k gold and 423k grog

So lower level players can loot more from higher ranked bases then the other way around Hence more easy to finish Event then for PH11 players now, they have the hardest job

11. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

Ok thanks. I thought they'd get more tokens for less stolen grog/gold. I'll pass it on.

12. kevedge001

kevedge001 Crew

Thanks for taking the time to reply and with the greatest respect I've been there, done that and bought the t-shirt. Theres nothing new this game has to offer me, I've made many friends in the game, as well as many aquintances and I'm now in a small guild taking it easy as none of us have the desire to spend the big gems to win the big rumbles or be placed on any leaderboards. But thank you for the sugguestion.

We need new content and we need it now. Not just a few bonus points for playing the game in the same way. At least the thunderstruck event offers a slight variation. Plunder time is absolutly nothing new.

Mobotts likes this.
  13. Seawitch

Seawitch First Mate

I didn't mind the event. But now it's time to make things a bit easier for lower lvl players, let's put our gold out for them to snipe ( not the grog I need that )

MorganFlint, Bjays92 and Tiger Lilly like this.
  14. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

Do I count as low lv??? ;)

Tiger Lilly and Kamikazemug like this.
  15. Mobotts

Mobotts Captain

I stayed in the 100-200 range this entire time and have been finding decent loot, but still barely over 13k in the event. I'll never finish because I won't spend any gems to do it. The only way many of my guild and others in our family are finishing (without gems) is because we have arranged a "guild WR" with those in our alliance where players with maxed resources are literally feeding us the gold and grog we need to get points. I appreciate them doing this, but it seems that they should potentially rethink the token amounts for the resources stolen. The odds of finding a base to make it worthwhile for the event are slim to none so why bother?

I have loved this game since close to its release date, made a ton of amazing friends here and am still holding out hope that Midoki will dazzle me again, but I don't know how much longer many of us "senior" players can do that and it makes me so sad...

MorganFlint, Morgan Ford, McQ and 2 others like this.
  16. willigar

willigar Powder Monkey

This event is the greatest thing ever.... make it a monthly event ....

17. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

I agree! Tho this event is a bit lacking

18. Hawkbeard

Hawkbeard First Mate

Found it a bit boring really this event, actually made it harder to find good loot. If it was meant to get people caught up with upgrades I feel it went against instead of for.

Nice to see a new event added though, just a lot not bothering with it or event want to finish it. Maybe if the final prize was 500 or 1000 gems it would be better?

Calabiyau likes this.
  19. Morgan Ford

Morgan Ford First Mate

This events sucks golf balls through a garden hose! Lets take the same tired old event format and make it even harder complete. Those five maurader chests better not have a drop of gold, grog, bp or ep in them.

850arrr and Calabiyau like this.
  20. Calabiyau

Calabiyau Crew

Yes, the chest drops are ridiculous

Keena-CBD likes this.