New event

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Calabiyau, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Morgan Ford

Morgan Ford First Mate

Then what is the incentive to finish the event?

2. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

First event I have ever opted out doing. It was pretty clear after the first few battles seeing the token return and how much effort and time would be needed to complete this thing. Combine that with the lack of fun farming entails and you get a lot of unhappy pirates. Oh, and the fact that gold and grog seem to always go POOF during events made it clear to me that I wasn't going to even come close to finishing it.

Morgan Ford likes this.
  3. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Only to *finish* as far as I see, for high level bases anyway. I'm sure many with lower level PH's may find a use for the marauder chests.

4. Dutchie

Dutchie First Mate

Thanks for the new event... just completed it with my PH11 base. It was a real test and even though I did get 1 base that yielded 2.8m resources, for most part, it was between 500-800k resources... so a proper slog to finish it, but got there in the end. It is possible to complete without spending gems. Thanks again and hopefully we will see some different events in 2017. I will check out the suggestions thread and see if I can add!

Dog Breath likes this.
  5. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

I finished the event, came back to see what happened in this thread. We can all talk until we are blue in the face, because I honestly don't believe they care what we say. Bringing back the global leaderboard took FOREVER, and the coding to make that work already existed. It took 2 weeks to hear back on a ticket I submitted and the person getting back to me asked questions that were answered if they took the time to read my initial email.
    I enjoyed reading that other people see themselves as customers too, and that midoki has zero customer service. The amount of time between new updates to the game is crazy, how long has it been since the last map? Or the last PH?
    I'm with those on the gem boycott bandwagon, there's no reason to pump money into a game that doesn't care about its players.

6. Keena-CBD

Keena-CBD First Mate

I hit the Dapper closet and quit. Too much!!

850arrr, Sea Patriot and Calabiyau like this.
  7. Broadside

Broadside Crew

I didn't mind the event - something to do. But yes, it was a grind. As soon as the event dropped the usual easiest sources of loot evaporated as everyone was hunting the same thing. Anyway, managed to grind out the 45k tokens but it cost a chunk in gemming reloads. The marauders chests will be helping me get over some roadblocks upgrading some LPs. Still it would have been good to have had a gem bonus as a reward to help recoup some of the cost or for the whole event to have been a little less grind (eg multiplier for tokens if you're in higher PR). Certainly as it is if you weren't gemming a fair bit you weren't going to be finishing.

8. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

When did u submit a ticket? B4 or after the midoki Rovio transisiton? Since midoki separated from Rovio, I have had absolutely fantastic help service. My tickets have always been answered within a few hours!

9. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

It was right before, good to hear that's improving at least.

10. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Shoot, insubmitted like four remedy tickets over a two to three month span that I couldn't access one of my layouts. They finally got back to me and said there's was nothing they could do. Nonetheless, I had to erase that island Layout and start fresh. It built character if anything, lol.

11. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

Yes! My support at Rovio was terrible. My support with midoki has been absolutely amazing

12. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

Now that the Plunder Time event is finished; I've had time to reflect about the event itself. As I stated earlier I like the concept of this event but I think the execution needs some tweaking!:cool: I have read some complaints about no skill needed for this event among the veterans of this game. So here are my thoughts about making it a bit more of a challenge...in addition to receiving tokens per gold and grog plundered, add additional tokens for winning. For example a 1* win gets additional an 25% more tokens; 2* win gets an additional 50% more tokens; and 3* win gets an additional 75% more tokens or some type of formula for winning the battle. Perhaps this would add some skill to the event and make it more interesting besides just mundane farming!:) Also perhaps add a 500 gem prize to the list and instead of rumpled closet have an additional dapper closet (less of a chance for duplicate buff outfits). That's some additional thoughts that came to mind!;)

Taipanfan and Bjays92 like this.
  13. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

I liked the event too. I farmed the first day, lost all the PR, and then worked out that others in my guild were doing just as well with regular battling, so I changed back to that. At reasonable PR I finished the event quite early. On a skills level, I don't think an unskilled player would have finished so there was definitely a challenge there. I do like the idea of some sort of bonus for the level of win though.

Tiger Lilly likes this.
  14. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

I do disagree on the skill aspect. I used gunners and thieves, maybe a few sky raiders, but didn't try to win to complete this event. All I did was look for easy to grab resources, use a few troops and repeat. A bonus to actually 3-star an island is a good incentive, but I still think the amount you have to raid to earn tokens is crazy. Needing essentially 6000 tokens a day takes a ton of battles with the current system.

850arrr likes this.
  15. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

I guess it depends on how skills is defined. The highly skilled farmer will pinch squillions with a few gunners and thieves and finish the event that way. I've had attacks on me that have been beautiful to watch as I've lost everything! The unskilled will send in the entire troop, be swallowed by the shark traps and never finish it because recruit time will be too high for enough attacks in a day. Picking the right island is the biggest skill.
    The idea of a bonus for stars in a win is the best idea I've heard though. Winning is always the best skill.

Dutchie and Tiger Lilly like this.
  16. Dutchie

Dutchie First Mate

The farming is just as much fun as scoring in the rumbles, if not more so as you try to extract as much for as little troops as possible, but you only have a short time to work out your strategy. Indeed picking the right island is a must and so it does involve a lot of skipping. However, if a large amount is on offer, I will throw what I've got on hand to get it.

17. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

I do not think much development effort was needed to create the event and I think that was the primary design aspect. "Give the starving whales - something"

lady blackbeard likes this.