New event

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Calabiyau, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

It seems to me Midoki are damned if they do, and damned if they don't. How about some constructive criticism and tell them the event you want instead of complaining that what they do isn't good enough.

2. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

I have a PH7 around rank 350. I have had no problem finding loot for the little LassMF. She is nearly done with the event. However, for the LadyMF at rank high 600-low 800's it had been much more difficult to find loot, though I think I can still finish. I don't hate the event, but not sure I like it yet :confused: Just a little perspective from middle and high PH and rank.

3. Calabiyau

Calabiyau Crew

:(Keep contact with the players is not the strongest point of Midoki, is clearly the worst, but here are some ideas for the events to share with you:

-Some Random rewards are useless after spend a lot of tokens, win as a prize and epic chest with grog and ep is very disappointed.:(
    -The same question with outfits, hard to get for nothing if you repeat or haven't this pirate.:(
    -Some event with a especial effects on the attack could be great, something dinamic, like a hard wheater change (with real effects) or a big monster attacking your island.:rolleyes:
    -Introducing some new elements in the game, like a special new troops, animals, weapons for heroes, maybe for a limited time or for focus in the event.:rolleyes:

But please developers, do something, our patient have a limit :confused:

Tiger Lilly and Taipanfan like this.
  4. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

I like the concept of this event but I think some tweaks are needed:
    1. Perhaps lower the amount of gold/grog needed per event token; finding gold and grog has been difficult to find at times.:eek: If other pirates are like me, once I get enough gold and grog to upgrade...bam it's gone, none left for anyone to swipe. Definitely PR plays a factor in finding the most gold and grog to plunder.
    2. It would be great if a big gem reward (500 gems) was added to the mix of prizes available!! Also I agree with @Morgan Ford...there should be no gold, grog, bp or ep in the corsair's and marauder's chests. BP is already on the list of prizes, no additional needed!!
    These are just some thoughts and mumblings I have at the moment!!;)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  5. McQ

McQ Captain

I'm not sure I see the skill in farming, more the grind. Maybe tie the token rewards to a defeat, 1*, 2* or 3* victory and weigh the 3* victory loot more heavily?

Personally never been a fan of farming. I find it boring and unlike trying to beat the tough bases this is just skip, skip, skipping. Thunderstruck added a different element as changed attacking (and defensive with your base) strategies. The sailing event made smart and efficient sailing a must. They both needed skill and thought to complete.

This is the first event I've seen such a large percentage of players decide it's not worth trying to complete. It's also the lack of innovation to game play been the last straw for many of us who are now semi-retiring our accounts while we wait for something new and interesting (please not just ph12 but something that will change how we play or add a new dimension to the game which is floundering).

6. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

I think it would be more motivating to be working towards something more valuable, like a massive amount of gems or something **brand new** that you have to finish the event for, like a guaranteed new outfit with perks, or perhaps an automatic upgrade 2 levels of the LP of you choice, or an academy or voodoo hut boost :p:D

7. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

I've finished every event so far. I've spent gems to do it too. But this event is really not fun for me. I don't see the point in spending gems when it's really countless hours I really have to spend to finish the event. Gems will not help you with this event. Seems like a silly business proposition for midoki. Wish I had something positive to say but it's not fun to just farm loot. I hope we don't see this event ever again. Thanks for the effort and the attempt at creating something fun for us.

8. Morgan Ford

Morgan Ford First Mate

1. Apparently you have not been paying attention very long. Midoki should have a pretty clear picture at this point of what the thoughts are on the events. This is nothing new. The constructive criticism process has run its course time and time again.

2. Most of us here are in the business of playing games games not designing them. In this instance that is Midoki's job. We are their customers. If you can't seem to please your customers guess what, you eventually go out of business. So yes, they are damned if they do and don't get it right.

Odog-ethan and Calabiyau like this.
  9. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

And that is exactly for whom the event was created. The middle men islands. they have issues with catching up and this event does support that. Those players are getting both the gold and grog they need for growing (they also need to be more active so they are drawn into the game a bit more).

For the max islands the storm event is a good one, as many maxed players at nailing that event, lower level players don't.

Same Goes for the sailing event, maxed players can sail as they need and finish, if you don't have max ship it is waaaaay more difficult to do so not able to catch those high end prices.

MorganFlint and ElFrenetico like this.
  10. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

I suspect there will be more gold and grog to find on these last two days of the event, as players max their walls, and/or all their builders are busy, and when the academy and voodoo hut trainings are all busy; yet they continue to loot to finish the event. Have been finding many good ones already....;)

Tessa Rose likes this.
  11. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

I did create a thread, where ppl could suggest ideas for new events that they would like to see added, but no one seemed to care, or bother suggesting any ideas. Therefore no one should complain

12. McQ

McQ Captain

Lol @Bjays92 ! There are countless threads and posts with hundreds of ideas and suggestions which people have been posting since ph10 and earlier. Maybe next time look through those before asking the same question we've all given so many opinions on already.

Obviously there have been changes behind the scenes with Midoki. The increase in dissatisfaction is because so many are bored and clinging on to the hope of actual change and new challenges. Not farming, or a ph12 upgrade, or a change to rumble matchmaking. At this point we need something completely new. Until then the player base is likely to continue to dwindle. Most are only holding on because of the friendships and with Slack and other social apps staying in touch on the game isn't necessary.

Odog-ethan, Calabiyau and Morgan Ford like this.
  13. Morgan Ford

Morgan Ford First Mate

What you say is 100% correct!

Calabiyau likes this.
  14. Morgan Ford

Morgan Ford First Mate

For those of you who are tired of waiting on Midoki check out Rogue Assault. Its pretty cool. I found the game while watching a PP advertisement. Hmmmmm......thats ironic......

15. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

Possibly a suggestion to keep both parties on track: lookup all the treads and combine them (links as ref) with the ideas. A bit like the "Master Fhange List" we have had in the past if you need an idea into a possible way to bundle them.

Could encourage to see and add new suggestions of the current generation of players....

16. Calabiyau

Calabiyau Crew

100% agree

17. acersharp1

acersharp1 First Mate

It's really hard to justify complaining for a game where upgrades are really all you do. When you start out, you attack non stop because upgrades take about 12 seconds, then 30 seconds, then 5 minutes, 30 minutes etc. You're always busy.

Once the upgrades start to take 2-5-7-12 days, and you only have 4 builders (mostly using 3 at a time so you can protect your loot) it becomes about waiting.

During the wait times, we want something to do, and there is your multi million dollar idea. I wouldn't mind getting into that business deal with whoever wants to come up with one.. if it encourages spending of gems.

These events are really GREAT (not sarcastic). Yeah they suck to complete if you're not a fan of grinding, but the reality is that they are FREE rewards even if you don't complete them. So I want Midoki to keep putting them out because I get free BP/materials for doing what I would do anyway. If you don't complete it, it makes no difference but it STILL HELPS you with game progress.

So back to my point. The reason you're bored is not because of the event, it is because of lack of action between upgrades.

Most of us would love to have other things to do non stop. A mortal combat option using LPs between players? Lol. MY maxed out Black Bart vs. your level 1 Thief? I'm in!

peg-brain bob and MorganFlint like this.
  18. Morgan Ford

Morgan Ford First Mate

So, like the event or not, it is TOTAL BULL$@IT that the 5 Murader's Chests should contain any gold, grog, EP and or BP! Every one that I opened included some garbage if not a lot of garbage. I can see it in the chests along the way but not in the very top prize chests. Come on Midoki! Get it together.

19. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

That's what Marauders chests contain, :rolleyes:. They moved the useful chests that contain more useful stuff (usually) to earlier in the event.

20. Odog-ethan

Odog-ethan Crew

Many of us posted many ideas that we thought would help this game on this same forum many times. Sadly it pretty obvious at this point when it takes over a year to bring back a very popular feature that we all said we wanted back as soon as they took it away (aka global leaderboard) it's kinda of hard to really think they will listen or if they do they have the ability to make real changes to this game, that's why some of us complain on here or we just stop playing. I mean a year to bring back content they already had made at one point let alone something new that's fun aspect of game that actually requires skill or a new form of competition. Not to mention some of spend real money and that makes us a customer, and customer have the right to complain and the vendor has the right to ignore us also.