Officially The Third [read Fourth]Forum Captain! (not counting Chris) *corrected for Kelani

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by Bear, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Bear

Bear Commodore

@Christy they are just handing the title out to anyone these days.

Just kidding! Congratulations! Are you the first female captain?

Christy likes this.
  2. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Y'know, being one of a bunch of Captains was getting old, so I went and earned myself a new rank. Apparently, when you hit 1,200 Posts and 1,000 Likes, you get one. Who knew? ;)

There will be a suitably self-congratulatory post about this later, which I expect all of you to add to as you join me in our new rank :)

The Fish Eyed Pirate and Christy like this.
  3. TBird

TBird Captain

Shoot!!
    Can I take some of my likes back?

Congrats Kel!!!
    Now go get a real life!!! :)

Shonda La and Kelani like this.
  4. Bear

Bear Commodore

Holy Crap @Kelani. How do you have almost as many likes as you do posts?

Kelani likes this.
  5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Style over substance? oh wait, I got that backwards.... :)

Well, all of us are very generous with the likes, so that's a big part of it. Another factor, most of my posts answer a question, provide detailed info, say something funny, congratulate, or disagree with someone (nicely). I guess those things tend to get more likes. All of you guys (and girl) have pretty awesome Posts/Likes ratios, too. :) The funny thing is, almost all the likes came from people not in my guild. There's only a handful of us here, and they are very hard to impress.

This will be a very short time as King of the hill for me. @Gangrene Beard will get 1k and pass me very soon, and he's got the overall post title pretty much locked up. I'm sure he'll reach 5k posts, or some other milestone waaay before I reach my next one. :)

6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Sure, if you want me to take back some of mine ;)

Aw, man! Not you, too? *kicks dirt* I hear that from Shonda all the time. :p

Shonda La likes this.
  7. TBird

TBird Captain

I have more likes then post...
    but most of my post are replies to... how did Christy put it, "not likable people"

but I'm still not as good as Kel's quote over the weekend:

"I just have a low tolerance for idiots."
    --Kelani 2015

8. TBird

TBird Captain

Shoot...
    And Kel just posted another one I need to keep in my files for later

"Sorry my attempt to explain my points at a 5th grade level were so far over your head. I'll try to make it simpler."
    --Kelani 2015

9. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

More likes than posts is one hell of an accomplishment. I'd think you'd have to be pretty damn likeable to pull that off. We should actually make them add a trophy for that. Seriously, not an easy thing to do. Deserves a reward, IMO.

@Tim Thomas , as thanks for all your likes, I have a gift for you. Selections from my list of Kel quotes that people have caught over the years:

"My liver and I have an agreement. It takes what I throw at it, and I don't donate the [censored] to science" -Kelani 1996, iMDB comment

"DAMMIT! I had more outs than a gay pride meeting!" -Kelani - on losing an important poker hand

"If I woke up and found myself staring at a penis, I do believe some spectacular violence would ensue" -Kelani iMDB comment

I don't think I ever met a hardware/software problem I couldn't fix. Even if I did, then I never met a sledgehammer that didn't render the problem irrrelevant" -Kelani

"Careful? Bah! careful is for school bus drivers!" -Kelani before an awesome skiing accident.

"Wow, this player field is dropping faster than the virgin count at woodstock" -Kelani during poker tournament.

"Dude, the only reason you're alive is cos your mother had no idea that rubber cement was for arts & crafts" -Kelani - to a random forum idiot

"TV is ok, but I'd much rather cuddle with a chick. That definitely beats TV. And if not, well, there's always TV." -Kelani satire post.

"Celebrate Earth Day: Piss on a tree." -Kelani

"Pot odds = if you only paid $5, odds are, that ain't pot" -Kelani

"A theory accepted for lack of a better theory, still an't a fact." -Kelani 12.9.08 chat

"She sounds like the kind of woman who would mcPoison your McGriddle" -Kelani, to disgruntled McD employee about his evil mother in law.

"Let's take all the hate in the world and direct it towards the Girl Scouts. That'll fix everything. Free cookies too!" -Kelani, 1994 IRC rant.

"I'm always amazed at how many people can confirm their utter stupidity in 5 words or less." Kelani - 8.5.07 IMDB

"With the right gear, even a half-deaf audio engineer could make a dog stuck in a sewer pipe sound like the Mormon Tabernacle Choir." - Kelani, debate on the talent of manufactured pop singers.

"Eventually you must remove the stupid from your aerial space, lest the stupid become you." -Kel IMDB, 5.5.2006

"The only thing that beats childish, stupid behavior is childish, stupid revenge." -Kel IMDB Forum - Apr 30, 2007

"If you dance with the Devil. The Devil don't change. You do. King_Faraday
    "If you dance with the Devil, tell her I'll be home after a few more beers. Kelani - Reply, The Shield IMDb Forums

and last but not least..

"Any post can be tweaked back on-topic with a little lube." -Kelani

TBird and Salty Snack like this.
  10. Shonda La

Shonda La First Mate

I mean, what's more unlikable than a guy asking for people to tell him hes likable by giving him a fake trophy? ;)

Kelani likes this.
  11. TBird

TBird Captain

OK, can I give 100 likes????

And my new fav, think I'll add it to my sig file :)

>>>"I'm always amazed at how many people can confirm their utter stupidity in 5 words or less." Kelani - 8.5.07 IMDB<<<

12. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Y'all see what I have to put up with? :D

Shonda La likes this.
  13. TBird

TBird Captain

The loop on that just hurts my head...in a good way.
    Sure TN chat must be a blast.

14. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Yep, that's my Shonda! :)

TN chat is lots of fun, except most members can't hang out for long stretches, so it's a bit spotty.

I'm really hoping if they add guild wars/alliances, we can get some kind of multi-guild chat ability going. What would be more fun that TN, Atari and We R all at once? :) OK, it could also be a disaster, but I'd still like to see it at least once :D

Salty Snack, Shonda La and Bear like this.
  15. TBird

TBird Captain

Sounds like a plan!!!!
    Make it so Commodore !!

Kelani likes this.
  16. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Aye Captain! Both things are feature quests, should be on the master lists.

17. Christy

Christy Commodore

HAAAAA!!! Honestly don't know if I am the only female. Good question o_O

18. Christy

Christy Commodore

WOW Commodore :D didn't know it even existed LOL I have more likes than posts can I have a trophy too???? :D:cool:

Kelani likes this.
  19. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Yeah, I think one of the devs is, or was an Admiral once? I guess they have the whole list of British naval ranks available.

AFAIK, you're the first and only female captain... so far! :)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
    Christy likes this.
  20. Christy

Christy Commodore

Do I get a trophy for that too :)

Kelani likes this.