Ok the Rearm cost is gone completely out of hand

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bl00dBaTh, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

What on earth are MIDOKI thinking? I only just seen last night there is a new level to Flame Gates (I completely missed that upgrade), adding 70k to the rearm cost, now each one taking 150k, adding up to 450k just to rearm the Gates.

I have no idea what the total rearm cost is now, it must be over 1.5mil for a full rearm, how on earth are we expected to rearm all traps 4 or 5 times per day? It's totally insane, how much is a LT fully upgraded? lvl2 seems to be 75k but the next seems to be double that or more.

It's totally insane to fully upgrade them, as you'll only be able to rearm them when you're completely maxed, by then you'll only be waiting a few weeks until they release new content, then you'll be unable to rearm them for weeks. It's just the stupidest thing I've ever seen, the cost is ludicrous.

All my normal Mines are lvl3, my Flame Gates are lvl3, everything else is lvl 1, I'd love to upgrade them but the cost is so bad it's actually funny that they expect us to be able to rearm them a few times per day, MIDOKI are out of their minds, totally insane.

2. Hawkbeard

Hawkbeard First Mate

I still have left my mines at level 3, all mystic mines are level 2. Leaving flake gates at level 2 as well, same as legend mines they are level 2. It's too much cost to rearm them all, it out does the damage especially with mines as most people use juggs to stop them anyway.

Ebow and Alnemer like this.
  3. Tottok

Tottok Crew

Probably the developers thought we gonna plunder just to rearm, the costs are stupid, why bother spending 500k on rearms when you can get plundered and get a free shield.

but making new content not worthy of upgrade th ts just design failure.

Calabiyau and Ebow like this.
  4. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

LOL

Are you really surprised @Bl00dBaTh ? You've been on the block as long ay myself.;)

TiGeR

John56 and Ebow like this.
  5. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

As an endgame optional upgrade the rearm cost is reasonable. When my island was max and I was sitting on 10 million gold, I never gave a second thought to rearming them. Think that is Midoki mindset, max players will not give the rearm cost a second thought. Most players who are not max already said the gates and traps will be their last upgrade. So most people already seem to be viewing the final rearm costs as an endgame option. I'll leave them as final upgrades and unarmed until I once again have nothing left to spend gold on. It is a non-issue for me.

6. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Nobody forces you to max upgrade it. Your choice and prob no huge disadvantage if you don t max it all, when ur island design is good in general.

I don t bother the re-arm costs, if i need gold i plunder it and/or i simply don t re-arm till i have the needed amount. No big deal, and no game changer.

EDIT: What @Spongee said. +1

cold_storm and Spongee like this.
  7. Ebow

Ebow Crew

Expensive rearm cost, yes it is. I hope they fix this.

Calabiyau likes this.
  8. Skye

Skye Commodore

My LP traps are lv3 and take 150k to rearm

Total costs-
    PH10: 300k x1 = 300k
    Mine5: 75k x6 = 450k
    Mystic Mine 2: 25k x4 = 100k
    Flame Gate 3: 150k x3 = 450k
    LP Trap 3: 150k x3 = 450k
    Total: 1,750k

My flame gates aren't lv3 yet, but the rest are maxed and the highest I've had to pay in one rearm is a bit over 1m, but its usually 400-600k.

Yes this seems like a lot, but when you have absolutely nothing left to spend gold on, it gives you a use for it. When you finish your walls, there will probably be a good 3-4 months where your gold gets no use. During PH8, PH9, and the first half of PH10 I was ALWAYS sitting on completely maxed gold stores 24/7, despite the rearm cost. Even spending a ton to rearm, 5x a day, and losing loot, its still less than I actually make.

You don't have to upgrade the traps, but they make a huge difference if you do. They also won't usually all go off during the same battle, so the rearm cost isn't usually as high as it can be from a single defense. The increased damage is a huge deal though, and if you care about winning and don't have a use for gold anymore, spending extra gold could be worth winning more often.

Traps aren't meant to be used at max level in the stage of the game where you're still upgrading things and using gold - they are the last upgrade you should do, when you have absolutely nothing left to do with gold, as something to sink your resources into so you don't just throw them in the ocean anymore.

During updates with new wall levels, you just stop rearming traps for a week or two while maxing your walls. If you're at a lower PR farming loot and spending it all right away, you won't be defending very often anyways, you won't care about winning defenses (since your PR doesn't matter when farming), and you won't really have much loot to lose anyways since you're spending it before it gets very high.

I'll agree that they are probably higher than they should be, but even at the seemingly insane cost, its still less per day than I make just off standard play and have no trouble keeping my stores full. Rearm cost is only an issue if you don't play often, or for some silly reason are trying to upgrade things while maintaining rank.

9. Ebow

Ebow Crew

But who the f*** has nothing to do with gold???? 100 players of 10.000? Dude, with respect, I have life, and I'm not rich to buy 9999999 pack of gems, so always need that gold!

Calabiyau, Bl00dBaTh and 850arrr like this.
  10. Skye

Skye Commodore

At the moment, no one, but in three months, there will be plenty of us finished where we're waiting desparately for the next upgrade to spend on, bored out of our minds with nothing left to build. MANY people maxed PH7 walls way before PH8 was announced, PH8 walls way before PH9 was announced, and PH9 walls way before PH10 was announced (which we were stuck with for extra long since we had to wait even longer before having walls to dump gold into again).

Months on end with absolutely nothing to spend on really kills motivation to play, and in the near future when that happens yet again, THAT is when traps are worth maxing and rearming. Not now when you still have walls to do, they're an endgame upgrade that you put off using until there is nothing else left to use, and it gives you a very slight something left to do with your gold at that point.

LOTS of people max their walls months in advance of the next ones being released. Plenty do it without using any gems.
    I don't spend a lot to farm either, $20 is usually enough for me to max out all of my defenses and walls every upgrade cycle way in advance, it doesn't take being rich.

HornyQuokka likes this.
  11. Tottok

Tottok Crew

But in 3 months there should be a new PH right? no?

12. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

I'm sorry but your reasoning is total nonsense, Traps are an "end game" upgrade, & should only be done when everything else is maxed. Total crap, there's going to be maybe 100 players that have everything completely maxed long before another update comes, most will only be waiting a few weeks before new content is out.

So in order to put up the best defence you have to sacrifice horribly, as maxed traps do make a HUGE difference in defence, just look at the lvl4 Flame Gate boost, massive. I see traps the same way I look at the Mortar or Cannons etc. upgrading a defence shouldn't completely cripple you, 1.7mil just to rearm once is a total joke, especially when you're getting hit a few times per day, do you people really think that's ok? What happens when the next level is added? Then another? Soon enough the cost will be up to 3mil, it's just laughable.

You say it gives you something to spend gold on when you're maxed, if all you're doing is raiding just to rearm traps then that's a very sad way to play. What difference does it make to a maxed player? Do you really feel better spending 1.7mil on traps rather than losing it in attacks? Is that really going to motivate you to keep playing? When I was maxed for the first time I put my gold storages out to help those that were still building, 1 easy attack for them that day helps them out.

Someone else in the thread said "you don't have to upgrade them" Yes I know that, that's why I said in the OP that I haven't upgraded them, unlike others who seem happy to upgrade something knowing that for the best part of their time playing the game they'll be unable to rearm them, pretty much leaving themselves without any traps at all, I for one would rather have traps I can use all the time. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like to upgrade them, that's my main point, upgrading a defence shouldn't cost so much that you are pretty much raiding just to rearm a defence, it's lunacy.

Ebow and 850arrr like this.
  13. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

For what they cost in rearming and what you get for upgrading them in the first place really not worth it. Esp if you get attacked with juggs. Most traps are disarmed doing no damage. So you really just waste the rearming costs.

Calabiyau and Hawkbeard like this.
  14. WinstonCOV

WinstonCOV First Mate

I don't see the point in spending 1.7M gold to rearm traps that are trying to protect a few hundred thousand gold & grogg. My rearm cost is near 900k. I have a pretty decent stat for defending, but it doesn't mean anything. My base is fun, and I like defending, but last night I was attacked 5 times with full taverns (not just a few troops raiding). Each attack got about 36% or less of my island destroyed, so no shield ... that kind of sucks ... so I wake up to find that I lost about 2M resourses total and I needed to spend another 1M gold to rearm ... uhg. I think defending is fun because I get to design my base the way I want to, but the mechanics and rewards are just meh.

I'm going to just move my PH out for streakers and hopefully only serious attackers will try to breach my base.

Calabiyau likes this.
  15. WinstonCOV

WinstonCOV First Mate

Traps should just rearm automatically, and for free. There is no reason to need them to be the way they are. The shark trap works like this, and so I know it can be done.

850arrr likes this.
  16. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Woe, that would be nice. I find that when rumbling I am breaking my shield to help the guild out so I'm always a target and having a good defense allows your foe to not get as many PP.

17. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Surely the point of having traps with multiple levels (and increased re-arm costs) is to provide players with strategic choices! :rolleyes:
    1. Keep your traps at a lower level (with reasonable re-arm cost) so they can cause distraction but not massive damage.
    2. Max the traps so they cause good damage but accept you will have to pay the price of 1-2 wall segments to re-arm.
    I was lucky enough to notice the re-arm costs before I made a mistake (so have deliberately chosen option 1).

I do however believe that it would be advantageous if Midoki allowed maxed traps to have selectable levels so that everyone could retrospectively balance damage & re-arm costs.

Spongee likes this.
  18. WinstonCOV

WinstonCOV First Mate

The only argument that can be made in favor for the traps being the way they are, is that it gives end game players something so spend their gold on. I feel so sorry for end game players ... who seem to make up the minority of players, but the majority of revenue generation :eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O

Spongee likes this.
  19. Jarrak

Jarrak Powder Monkey

I'm still a long way from maxing all the options out but the gates and traps will certainly be the last on the list if only due to the balance of revenue generation and loss while rumbling. As has been said when you get to the point of what do you spend gold on then rearming costs becomes irrelevant.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    Spongee likes this.
  20. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

Personally speaking, even if I am sitting on 10 million gold with nothing left to upgrade I will rather wait for the next PH and its associated buildings to dump my gold into. Once you maxed out the gates and traps, there will be no return as we don't have the option of downgrading traps to reduce their rearm cost. I imagine that only when I decided to retire from PP for good will I cease to care about increasing the rearm cost of my gates/traps to insane levels. When you said "endgame" do you mean "retirement"?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
    Spongee likes this.