Overlapped buildings bugs! Maybe hacked?

Discussion in 'Build Bugs' started by Roserio, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Roserio

Roserio First Mate

http://i.imgur.com/QR1NGO1.jpg
    As you can see in these images, some are overlapping the buildings with gun towes which make the gun tower impossible to break..which will end up in defeat,,

Some overlapp with mortar+gold storage which make mortars hp as 4840(4000+840) not 840...

Please find these cheaters and resolve this bug or hacking.
    When you go to these guys's guild, several members of their guild are using this overlapping feature, which means they are being taught how to use.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

We're currently looking into this and fixing any bases that we come across.

3. Never seen it before, just checked it and saw it with my own eyes. But may I suggest leaving out the part of nationality.
    You probably don't mean to discriminate, but let's not judge all "chinese".

Jun and Lynsey [Midoki] like this.
  4. But is it a bug, or is it a bug utilized on purpose by those members?

5. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

We're not sure yet. It might that they're victims of an innocent bug, or deliberately exploiting one, but either way, we're actively working on fixing the issue.

6. Roserio

Roserio First Mate

Yeah never meant to discriminate. I've edited the threads..

Jun and The Fish Eyed Pirate like this.
  7. Roserio

Roserio First Mate

When you go to these guys's guild, several members of their guild are using this overlapping feature, which means they are being taught how to use.

8. Roserio

Roserio First Mate

小绿(Green) likes this.
  9. Roserio

Roserio First Mate

10. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

[​IMG]This one hit me last night. Everything is stacked. Time to start swinging the ban hammer.

Tikigirl likes this.
  11. Monte Cristo

Monte Cristo Powder Monkey

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

give me back my rate and my grog. i think this is real reason for ban our chinese friends

12. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

It wouldn't be fair to ban people for exploiting a bug in the game to their advantage. Midoki needs to figure out how they are doing it and fix the possibility of it, and query their database for any maps with overlapping buildings to correct.

Jun likes this.
  13. Jun

Jun First Mate

I agree raptelan, you can't ban someone for taking advantage of a bug. It's like you can't convict someone for exploiting a loophole unless there is a clear law that is broken..

14. Jun

Jun First Mate

? Nope, don't know that term.

15. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

If its a bug in the game, or "feature", everyone should be using it. Only fair. If it is external manipulation, time to ban ban ban.
    Getting very angry with the two tier playing field.

SaK, Tikigirl, Captain Monkey and 2 others like this.
  16. Weeeeee

Weeeeee Powder Monkey

the top player now has the bug active.... oh check the guy's guild as well.. some has it too,,... and oh the guys got to that rank via reset troops glitch

17. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Well I don't know how I did it but it is quite hilarious.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. If proven this is intentional, would be amusing if all overlapped buildings were removed and had to be bought again. Especially if at level ONE again...

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  19. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

EDIT: If your dock is stuck inside your town, you can still select/move it via the Island Editor.

@Lynsey [Midoki] Myself and several people from many different guilds seem to now have our ship's dock stuck somewhere in our towns, without any encouragement from us, I assure you.

Mine was fine last night, but appeared this way when I signed on today. I've not moved anything around in my town in weeks. While "fixing" these, could Midoki have broken something?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015