Overlapped buildings bugs! Maybe hacked?

Discussion in 'Build Bugs' started by Roserio, Jan 23, 2015.

1. ElGordo

ElGordo First Mate

Nope, picture is correct.
    PH 8 will have Cannons and PH 9 will have Gun Towers
    and self defense collectors and storage will be the new standard.
    It's not bug it's the beta android version for sure...

Black-ish Beard likes this.
  2. This really feels the same when you have a good player with a high PR in your guild, but he hasn't been online for days.
    You want to kick him, but it would drop the guild rating. Tough choice.
    You want to ban the people for exploiting the bug, but they did purchase an awful lot of gems.
    (don't get me wrong there is a difference in exploiting a bug or a bug that just happens)

3. TBird

TBird Captain

Boot them!!
    It's better in the long run for all the guilds.
    You need to be the better person and kick the rotten apples for the rest of your guild.
    We just did a house cleaning in We R, lost 800 team points.
    But the bad blood in the chat room has gone away
    And we got fresh blood that will be good players in the near future.
    A little pain, but team scores don't really count now.
    What matters is having good & happy players for when guild wars start.

Captain Monkey likes this.
  4. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Our guild booted a couple high-rank people, DURING a rank push for the leaderboards, because they were inactive for too long. Hurt the guild rank but we pulled together and still hit the leaderboard which was our goal. Principles need to come first. At the same time these are Midoki's bugs and they can't go banning players for finding and using bugs they introduced - it's kind of like giving your toddler a chocolate bar to play with and then spanking them because they figure out how to eat it. I think what would be best would be for the method of known bugs to be made public knowledge until they are fixed to level the playing field. And of course, they really need to get fixed!

Captain MetaTauta likes this.
  5. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Well today I found my ship overlapping my village again, in a different spot. I noticed it right after viewing the guy in #13 spot on the leaderboards who has almost everything overlapped, so maybe that triggers it?

Kelani said the same thing happened to them yesterday after they fixed the island once. I fixed mine again, let's see how long it lasts.

6. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

I think we could really just refer to the upper portion of the leaderboard as "wall of cheaters" and it would be an accurate statement. :p

Christy likes this.
  7. Captain MetaTauta

Captain MetaTauta First Mate

Be thankful they found it. In the long run they make the game better for everyone. Don't whine so much, it's just growing pains :D

ElGordo and Captain Monkey like this.
  8. Captain Monkey

Captain Monkey First Mate

Good point meta. give them time to make the game better. So much whining doesn't make the game better, but makes being on forum much worse. Just enjoy what it is now knowing they are working on it.

ElGordo likes this.
  9. Roserio

Roserio First Mate

Midoki have you figured out how they this bug? I've figured this out in island editing mode. This was not hacking, but a bug. It's quite tricky but if you know once anyone can do this :)

10. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Yep, we've been informed via email how it's done. It's been fixed and will be in an upcoming update!

ElGordo and Captain Monkey like this.
  11. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

What players are seeing now is an exploit within the base editor. Since its report we have been investigating the issue and this is also now fixed. As most of you know we currently have an update with Apple and so it obviously can't make it into that one, but the fix will be in the one after that.

In the short term though, as we realise it is spoiling the gaming experience for other users, we have sent a message to each of the players using the exploit asking them to refrain from doing it in the future, and we have re-arranged their islands so that there are no longer any overlapping buildings. Should they keep doing it we will take further action.

Hopefully this will be an end of it and we can get back to playing fairly.

Rachael and Captain Monkey like this.
  12. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

I'm not whining just find it funny. It's just a game after all.

Thanks Chris!

13. TBird

TBird Captain

[​IMG]
    2 more for you Chris from the past 30 mins
    [​IMG]

14. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

@Chris [Midoki] One question. Yesterday, a bunch of players from my guild and others experienced an issue where after signing in, their dock had been moved into their town, where it overlapped any buildings in that spot. AFAIK none of us have ever used the overlapping exploit (I've never even used the editor), so is this a side-effect of your steps to combat the bug, or something else?

15. Fe_C

Fe_C Crew

Many Chinese guilds have already known this bug, as this has been widespread in Chinese forums. Identifying one by one is becoming meaningless. With the severity, maybe the dev should consider to push forward the fix, if available.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  16. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

There is no chance Midoki is going to find, fix, and sternly warn the plethora of players stacking their bases. They would do nothing else 24x7. It's nice that everyone is singing their praises but really, this is nothing more than an attempt at calming the riot. Until the update following this next one, cheating will be rampant.
    Great game, but at the moment there are too many taking advantage. I'd rather see free-for-all until a proper fix can be released than see the Midoki crew try to stem the tide.

17. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

I experienced this too. I got a warning from midoki for it too when I came back to my island this morning. I am not even sure how my boat moved but it did. I have noticed that if I visit the #13
    Ranked island in the top 200 I come back to my base to find somthing moved. This bug is spreading wildly.

Kelani likes this.
  18. Arr

Arr Captain

For the next ~3 weeks, rank is worthless, and attacking is worthless. Why attack a base that's impossible to take down?

The cheaters win, the stacker accounts can never lose because of a rigged defense, always gets bumped up by the feeders, and goes on an unlimited rank up with the recruitment bug.

This game is done until the second update is pushed, assuming the bug gets fixed. What's left over are the hyperinflated ... exploiters. What will be done about that? In ~3 weeks when that big update drops, there will be thousands of stackers that have ranked up well beyond the reach of most "straight" players.

Already, in the 700s, every time you hit next, all the bases are STACKED. What's the point?!?

We're looking at 1-2 months of a hyperinflated ranking system where the cheater guilds are going to top the leaderboards.

Midoki, you need to push an emergency update after this first one. In 3 weeks time, you won't have a game left.

Christy likes this.
  19. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I'm thinking the hyperinflated ranks will not be sustainable after the fixes. So, unless Midoki adjusts them, or resets the leaderboard, they will correct in time.

Black-ish Beard and TBird like this.
  20. TBird

TBird Captain

I vote for reset of leaderboard with the next update @Chris [Midoki] & @Lynsey [Midoki] & @AngryBeard