Poll: Night Mode- Fan or Nonfan?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Burnz, Dec 22, 2014.

?

Are you a fan of the 20 minutes of night mode every hour?

Poll closed Jan 5, 2015.
  1. Yes, night mode is awesome.

22 vote(s)
    53.7%
  2. No, please take this away next year.

19 vote(s)
    46.3%
  1. Tex

Tex Commodore

I know several members in our guikd won't play during night cycle because they have poor eyesight. The on/off button like we had for halloween makes everyone happy.

2. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Night mode is awesome!

Captain Harlock likes this.
  3. Young gun

Young gun Powder Monkey

I like the dark, so i can be sneaky :0

Edward Kenway likes this.
  4. Jun

Jun First Mate

I love it, but personally I thought the increase in time to investigate a base was too much. I liked the thrill of scanning a base quickly.

Salty Snack and Edward Kenway like this.
  5. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Yea its 30 seconds now. Way too much. 20 would be enough.

6. Jun

Jun First Mate

Agreed. Or as I mentioned in a different thread, make the observatory perk give +5 seconds :)

Salty Snack and Edward Kenway like this.
  7. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

that is a very good idea! That would make the perk less useless lol :D:D

8. Jun

Jun First Mate

They used my idea for the pirate catcher, maybe they will think about this one again..?

9. Tex

Tex Commodore

I would actually purchase an observatory if it worked like this. Currently it's last on my upgrade list for its uselessness.

10. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Really like the idea of a +5 perk. Agree the new 30 secs is way too long though.

11. Tex

Tex Commodore

I like the extra time. You can attack at any time so if you like going fast knock yourself out. Personally, I enjoy thinking thru a good strategy on a maxed base. On a weak base I will attack early, but at least I'm given the option.

12. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

I've built my base on the premise of an attacker only getting 15secs. Lost the visual clutter advantage.

13. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Yea some people hide stuff behind the PH, the ground pounder for example. Now you have time to look for all the traps, I think 20 sec MAX would be enough

Salty Snack likes this.
  14. Landon

Landon First Mate

here's a challenge... why not let us, as players, choose the type of weather/effects on our islands so that whoever is attacking will have to deal with the uniqueness of our own island. That includes, default, Snow, halloween and night time settings. :cool:

15. Bear

Bear Commodore

Not a fan of this idea. It will make the game look messy.

16. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I would go with foggy, the units wont see shit and the sky raiders fly miles of course :D
    But seriously that would be an awesome idea.

17. Landon

Landon First Mate

Mess as in?... You can't see anything? Just look for mortars and bunkers before you attack. The rest are visually screaming, "Hello! I'm this big ass tower/cannon/groundpounder/ship about to shoot you"

18. Bear

Bear Commodore

Messy as in the game as a whole has a beautiful unified theme.. If every island had its own theme it would just ugly up the game.

Salty Snack and Tex like this.
  19. Agreed with Bear, unique weather or weather controlled by the defender doesn't sound like a very good idea.

Captain Harlock and Bear like this.
  20. whitney

whitney Crew

I play on my phone, come on android release, and cannot see. And for some reason it is night 90% of the time I'm on. I would love a switch to turn it off, or if it went off during attacks. Looking at my base at night is fine and cute, but we got serious plundering to do! Hehehee jk ;). much love!

Gangrene Beard and Salty Snack like this.