Poll: Night Mode- Fan or Nonfan?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Burnz, Dec 22, 2014.

?

Are you a fan of the 20 minutes of night mode every hour?

Poll closed Jan 5, 2015.
  1. Yes, night mode is awesome.

22 vote(s)
    53.7%
  2. No, please take this away next year.

19 vote(s)
    46.3%
  1. Jun

Jun First Mate

Have you guys who can't see tried turning it to maximum brightness?

2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I feel the same way, for attacks I don't think there should be a night mode, it adds an unfair advantage to the defender. It also seems like replays show day/night dependent on what the lighting is like currently in-game, not at the time of the event. @Chris [Midoki] or @Lynsey [Midoki] can you confirm?

*edited for clarity*
    I remember attacks I did with night mode activated and when I watched the replay they were in day time

3. Jun

Jun First Mate

I think what makes sense is daytime attacks get 15 s / 20s and night gets 25 / 30.

Salty Snack likes this.
  4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Just tested a few times, I was wrong about the replays not showing the correct lighting.

5. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Just when I was about to ask if you wear two eye patches during playback..:)

I'm not sure why some feel that night mode adds an unfair advantage to the defender when its the same for everyone. Heck, on many occasions I started attacking heavily fortified bases because I couldn't see $%#@... What was great is that I scored some major loot from such bases that I wouldn't have otherwise attacked.

Ok; perhaps the excess Grog on my table played a role in this unprecedented bravery as well. :D

TiGeR

Captain Harlock likes this.
  6. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Tiger, when you are playing for rank 49% lands you a -17. A 50% gets you a +3. Attacking at night can have dire consequences. For farming, who cares.

7. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

I think you missed the humor I was attempting to add. :rolleyes:

What seems to be the real disadvantage here is what type of device we play on, not so much the night mode. I'm cool either way and don't mean to upset those pushing for rank.

TiGeR

Captain Harlock likes this.
  8. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Yeah. Small screen is the biggest difference. On a larger screen maybe not so much. Didn't mean to imply that I was at all upset.

9. Burnz

Burnz Captain

For me, the night mode is a distortion from the way I have been playing for a few months. I play on both, an air and a 5, mainly the air. If I don't have anything to do and I am just staring at my base, its no big deal. But if I have to move something, attack, etc, I don't get the clear picture I would like to have. Also, maybe I'm just a little bit bitter from one attack while in night mode and I missed that dang mortar that decimated my gunners.:mad:

I have enjoyed reading everyones input, thanks!!

10. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

With my contax in, I have 20/10 vision up close, AND play on an ipad Air, and I cannot see to raid at night. It's just too muddled. The added countdown means nothing if you can't see what's going on. This mode needs to either be cleaned up so the important things are visible in battles, or allow toggling it off.

Don't get me wrong, I love the look, and night mode + plundercam is awesome. It's just not great for attacking. After losing a half-dozen raids I would ordinarily have won (easily), I gave up, now I just wait until daytime comes, which adds another 20 mins to my 1h30m build times. :(

Salty Snack likes this.