Random wind

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ebow, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Burnz

Burnz Captain

This is a great change, but that is because I love SRs.

Pirate! likes this.
  2. Darth Yoda

Darth Yoda First Mate

I also love SR. Were the second pirate I started upgrading with the new academy. with random wind direction, they are even more useful.. Thanks Midoki, great addition.

3. # Johnny Doe #

# Johnny Doe # First Mate

Any change that makes for more base designs and variations is good with me.
    And it's not like it's an unfair advantage...we can all train Sky Raiders :)

If we just had an ability to save base layouts it would be awesome *cough cough hint hint* :D

4. Ian

Ian Commodore

I have been looking forward to this change for so long.. And beleive it will really shake up the standard layouts.. Am already attacking with 18 Sky Raiders and loving the unchanged defenceless bases. ;)

5. Hawkbeard

Hawkbeard First Mate

What would be nice is an air defence, nothing over powered but something to help defend against the sky raiders, especially now with the new wind direction.

Sky raiders are good now just I can imagine that everybody is going to be using lots of them

Ebow likes this.
  6. mlc

mlc Captain

I am sure the towers will shoot down sky raiders.

7. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Yep, Sky Raiders will come to earth with a bump if there's a tall building, boat or flagpole in their path.

As @Edward Kenway said...

[​IMG]

WinstonCOV, 850arrr and Barbed like this.
  8. mlc

mlc Captain

@Lynsey [Midoki] will towers shoot at SR while they are flying?

9. Hawkbeard

Hawkbeard First Mate

That would be nice. Or even a new defence weapon to shoot in the air would be nice.

@Lynsey [Midoki] Any news on phase 2 of major updates? like defences etc

mlc likes this.
  10. Lynsey [Midoki]

Not at the moment. As there are a lot of objects that can stop a Sky Raider's flight, and the number of Sky Raiders per crew is capped at 8, we're currently reluctant to reduce the effectiveness of the most-underused troop in the game when there are several countermeasures people can take already in terms of strategic base design. However, if we do find that the Sky Raiders have become unstoppable murder machines, we will look at addressing this in future balancing.

11. Lynsey [Midoki]

Being worked on at the moment!

12. I thought the priestess is the most underused troop :D

13. Lynsey [Midoki]

It's close, but Priestess usage picked up a few months ago when she was buffed. Still not hugely in use though!

14. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Good god, NO!

15. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Maybe its about time, that i finally use my fully trained Skyraiders.....

16. Ian

Ian Commodore

Sky Raiders capped at 8 on your own ship. But you can have up to 10 on your Guild Ship. :eek: And yes, they make short work of walls and anything else once inside the base...

17. awbo

awbo Captain

Unless they encounter the shark trap...

18. WinstonCOV

WinstonCOV First Mate

With a little practice, you can do some cool things with Skyraiders. You can start by trying to land on/near Ground Pounders and Mortars. If you are blocked by gold mines, McKracken is a good LP to clear the path. If Mack has his Christmas suit on ... all bets are off ;)

19. Skye

Skye Commodore

When I make real attacks I started using her, and any serious attack on my base that gets past 1* seems to almost always require bringing one. Nighty night is insane at max level!

HornyQuokka likes this.
  20. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

No kidding, they seem to come down from the guild hall, ship, legend fort, guild ship, stone mason, academy, flag pole, gun towers, gold mines, pirate hall....did I miss anything. So in other words they still are worthless.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016