Red Flag Fleet V Wicked Hellyard

Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by Dog Breath, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Skye

Skye Commodore

I know this feeling well, and while I like saving the gems/time, I've always respected that you give us a fight every time we match up. And I'm sure next time won't be any different!

Kamikazemug and Christy like this.
  2. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

Since you broached the subject of 'the chatter' @Christy about being a planned rumble, think we owe an explanation to those who are not aware of the back room chatter you speak of.

A few days before RFF matched Wicked, there was talk in one of the private slack groups about people planning an attack on Wicked while they were short-handed and going through transition. A few days later RFF matches Wicked in a rumble and achieves twice the max rumble score they have ever achieved in prior rumbles. Think the chatter was questioning the coincidence and how RFF was able to suddenly double their max rumble score in a matter of weeks unless there was some planning involved, and it was odd it happened just after someone had said in a private slack group a team was planning such an attack.

Regardless, RFF won. Whether planning was done is irrelevant. Many teams plan for rumbles. Wicked lost. If they were the superior team they would've won, it should not matter if the other team had planned it or not.

Both teams are the elite of the game. Both teams put up impressive scores. Both teams have nothing to be ashamed of, chatter or no chatter.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  3. Fil

Fil Captain

Every guild who enjoys rumbles plans and hunts, any who claim they don't are either liars or don't know the truth about the way their guild works. Its a non issue

4. Juggernaut

Juggernaut First Mate

The only planning we had was the last time you guys beat us, you guys won but it was a close one, so the only thing we said back then was that the next time we see you, we will put the best we effort we could...and we did.
    If you really belive this was planned, then you really underestimated us if you think that this group of players was not capable of putting such numbers, you really have no idea we are about. I see the respect it's still not there

Ebow likes this.
  5. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

It's ok if you did plan it. It's ok if it was coincidence. It's a game. We all fought hard and your effort was stronger and you won. Hats off to your fleet. Much respect to strong players! :)

* Banner under construction *

6. Fil

Fil Captain

Juggernaut, if you are referring to my post, you misunderstand. The point of my post is not caring about the circumstances and saying they are irrelelvent. Was also directed at some people who through the past year have claimed they do not plan or hunt but in reality they have.

If you are referring to Shark Bait, he isnt a member of Wicked as far as I know (although i guess he could be, we have lots of people and lots of second accts)

I should also add that the only person who may ever know if a guild hunted is the person or persons doing the hunting. Since hunting has been deemed unethical by many when its done its often kept as quiet as possible because people dont want to tarnish their image. We recently had one of our members say that we had never hunted since he was with us...i think he was quite shocked to learn that we have.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    Tessa Rose likes this.
  7. Juggernaut

Juggernaut First Mate

All good guys, let's keep having fun, much respect to your guild

8. Fil

Fil Captain

Much respect to yours as well

RoLL_TiDE_RoLL, Tessa Rose and Ebow like this.
  9. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Next time RFF matches up against Wicked, both teams should easily break 1.5 mil, and expect guild scores of 2 mil from each team. RFF has never backed down from a rumble before, I don't anticipate them doing so in the future. As Christy said, this was a mid-week rumble and they had players unavailable this rumble, just as we did. For those guilds that happen to witness the next rumble match up, expect some crazy scores exceeding those of the most recent rumble. Anything less will be disappointing. :)

10. Fil

Fil Captain

RFF could have done over 1.8 million if they needed to, maybe more

Tessa Rose likes this.
  11. Christy

Christy Commodore

We have gotten several amazing new members over the past few weeks and many low scoring members were removed. This is how we managed to score so high. If this was planned in some private slack chat I would be curious to know who it was because I don't allow members to spy on other guilds rumble start times, and I know nothing about this. @Fil knows if we want to know the wicked/dead start times, one of our members message him and ask. Of course this was always because we DIDN'T want to get them in a rumble. Personally, I still don't care to face you guys in rumbles. It's too expensive and time consuming :-O people will believe what they want. That's how these things always go anyway. We've all been vowing to give our all the next time we DID meet but it wasn't planned. If our groupme chat goes back far enough I can screenshot all the not so happy comments when we got matched.

Tessa Rose, awbo, mlc and 1 other person like this.
  12. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

It's all good Christy. Everyone is just having some fun, as it is just a game. Don't take any of it too seriously. Looking forward to our next meeting. Think we might give you a little more of a fight next time around ;)

13. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

If RFF had been trying to match Wicked, I would have been a player not a feeder. Everyone can try to sour this win---but it was a random match, and a win fair and square.

Ebow, Juggernaut and Patron like this.
  14. Patron

Patron Crew

Im a forum rookie
    RFF enjoys rumbles and that is why we rumble non stop 24/7, but we have aboslutely NEVER planned a rumble with any guild, sent spies, inflitrated chats or guilds, or obtained any information without a guilds knowledge. We all felt that we had potential to give the skulls/dead/wicked guilds a good fight and we told our members that when the luck of the draw unites us again we will guve it our all! I had a 6 hour flight to california, if it wasnt for that i would of surely doubled my score.

Many have said it doesnt matter how we obtained the win, but i just wanted to clarify that. Respect to all, and let's keep the competition fun, challenging, and respectful .

Tessa Rose, Ebow and mlc like this.
  15. Christy

Christy Commodore

[​IMG]

Not the reaction of a planned rumble :eek:o_O

Tessa Rose, 850arrr, Ebow and 2 others like this.
  16. Fil

Fil Captain

Myself and two members of RFF routinely exchanged start times throughout the life of The Dead (pun intended) for the purposes of avoiding each other, both them wanting to avoid us and us wanting to avoid them as well. My memory sucks these days but I seem to remember we even set up to meet once at a time when both guilds were bored.

Also whether it was for this rumble in question (RFF vs Wicked Hellyard) or at any other time even going back to Laughing Skulls, I would have happily provided them or any other guild for that matter, with our times for the purpose of us matching had they asked and I know they are well aware of that. They would have no need to acquire our time through any covert means.

Tessa Rose, Ebow, Juggernaut and 2 others like this.
  17. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Not that my opinion matters, but I am going to give it anyways. :p

I've seen the alleged conversation shark bait alluded to in an earlier post. It mentions players teaming up to defeat Wicked Hellyard. There was no mention of RFF anywhere in the conversation. I am sure such conversations probably take place often. This one just happened to be in a private chat group.

At first I did wonder out loud if it was a planned attack. Since that time, I have had a few conversations with others and nothing I've seen or heard leads me to think this was anything other than a chance meeting against a well prepared guild. I don't believe RFF stacked their guild nor hunted us. Not that there is anything wrong with it, such tactics are very common and perfectly acceptable in most games, especially in a pirate themed game. Just don't think it was the case this time.

Tessa Rose and Patron like this.
  18. indeed

cmooneey likes this.
  19. I must say... even with the lower scores from both sides.... I am not disappointed... good match RFF... thanks for a good rumble....

20. Animalazzo

Animalazzo Crew

Great Rumble!