Rumbles Expose MAJOR FLAW in Leaderboard System

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pirate Christian, May 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBird

TBird Captain

When you can 3 star an easy base then you have something to complain about.

There are lots of bases to pick from to fight, rumble rivals are about BP not PR
    in my battles today there are a lot of bases that you can pick to attack to get high PR, and a ton of bases today with more than 500k in grog (THANK YOU MIDOKI)...
    Attack those bases if you want PR.... you get more PR from them if you get 2-3 stars, not so much if you only get 1 star.
    Rumble Rivals are not apples to apples to allllllll those other bases you can attack.

And maybe one of them will have their PH outside of weak walls and you can get more than 1 star.o_O

2. Pirate Christian

Pirate Christian First Mate

You can sit there and brag about your stars all you want. I didn't max my base out by trying to get 3 stars in my attacks. I learned how to defeat bases, nab gold and grog and do it with as few pirates as possible. That method cut down on recruiting times and increased my overall attacks and made it so I had unlimited gold and grog whenever I wanted or needed it.

My average haul is 315,000 gold and 315,000 grog and I can often get that with a win and with less than 10 pirates deployed.

Then 7 to 10 minutes to recruit so I can do it again.

Do the math....

1 attack every 45 to 60 minutes with a haul of 400k G&G (if you're lucky)

OR

6 attacks per hour with an average haul of 315k G&G PER attack.

You can be dumb and slow and brag about your stars while I enjoy my maxed out base and FULLY trained pirates.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  3. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

I found the major flaw - isn't it that I can see the other guild member status for last being on line !

I agree with @Pirate Christian that losing rank in a rumble when hitting low rank same Ph level is no good when you can not actually gain rank - as I've not lost a match yet I don't actually know if you lose rank - has anyone tested it? -
    Sorry @Pirate Christian I disagree that it is a major flaw, for those who struggle to keep grog when pushing it may even benefit those players as they can farm enough grog to kee pushing.

I'm still unsure whether rewards are less for a guild if you simply drop rank and farm lvl 1 BP, which would be a shame if that is the case.

4. Pirate Christian

Pirate Christian First Mate

Yes you can actually lose rank and the hit is severe with those bases with a 20+ drop in rank.

5. Okay time to end this discussion once and for all before it gets out of hand.
    @Pirate Christian Let's be honest, yes it sucks end game users can hide in the low PR range. This has been a problem since the beginning. But like @Raptelan it's very likely this won't be an easy fix or maybe even never fixed. Now that's a fact.
    But the only reason you are seeing these guys is because of the rumble. And I suggest leaving those to lesser ranked members in your guild. They have a smaller risk.

But let's also be honest to other way around. This is not new and it's not a major flaw. This has been so since the beginning. If you revenge someone who attacked you at high PR, but since then he dropped you have the same thing. You can barely win any PR.

@Bear said it right with his triangle speech (mind if I call it that?) That's just how the rumble's work, you can't have it all, just like in real life.

Now If you have any idea's/improvements about the rumbles I suggest you put them in the improvement section of this forum.
    If you want to continue to talk about the end game users farming in the low PR range you can find one of the many threads about that. You can find them easily by checking the general or battle masterlist.

For now I would like to close this thread before we get all personal. If you disagree, feel free to contact me by PM or any Midoki staff. (i'm not affiliated by them in any way)

Ian and Edward Kenway like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.