Send a Message: DO NOT GEM RECRUIT TIME!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Super-Nor, May 26, 2015.

1. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

Now that recruit times and therefore gemming is doubled it would be good to let Midoki know how we may feel about the long recruit times.

I have around 4000 gems left in my coffers and was gladly gemming the reduced recruit time, but back to double that time I will not.

Maybe we can incite a change!

2. Undoomed

Undoomed Powder Monkey

I believe it is not use of gems but the purchase of gems that will incite a change ;) You already lost your money the moment u made it virtual.

Krayzkat likes this.
  3. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

Of course my current gems do not matter, but future purchases of which I make regularly will.

4. Absolutely right, but they will see a decrease in use of those gems. They are sure to track how much gems where spend with regular and increased recruit times.
    That will send a clear message nonetheless

5. LYM

LYM Captain

we have two guilds, so 90+ people. thy are all not purchasing any more gems now. Recruitment time is tool long.

6. Fang

Fang First Mate

How about this idea: 10-25 gems to boost the Tavern for 24 hours (50% recruit times).

I'm stealing the idea from another game...but it works. Kinda meets them in the middle on the subject.

I'd prefer it stayed at the bonus level. I spent a lot more gems during these past few days and it was a lot of fun. I vote to keep it permanently, but if the answer is no, then my idea above would be better than nothing at all.

edit: also, rumbles were very dynamic. I was on my game easily 4 times longer than normal...eagerly awaiting for my troops to be ready and watching other's progress within my guild. so much fun. and it encouraged me to spend more to stay active and contributing.

7. LYM

LYM Captain

yeah that could work, or troops that dont die dont go AWOL and come back with the ship

8. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Funny, everyone was thrilled with recruit times after the pirate catcher reduced the times. Then midoki gave a 3 day recruitment cut, now people are whining that recruiting times are too long. Sure I love short recruit times, but I think this trend is quite funny. Perhaps what Midoki should do is add a tavern boost with gems, like reduce recruitment times for X hours for Y gems. Sounds familiar, doesn't it? [Ha, @Fang and I must have posted at the same time]

Kelani, Edward Kenway and Fang like this.
  9. RFF III is in! You have my gems standing by your side (well actually mine, but they wont go anywhere)

Super-Nor likes this.
  10. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Or just add Pirate Catcher lv 4 in the next update.

11. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

That's the best idea, although it would have to be more substantial than a $5 Million upgrade to reduce times by only 5 minutes.

12. Tex

Tex Commodore

The BEST idea is to just make the 50% recruiting time reduction a permanent feature.

13. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Not really, cause you could make that same argument for a lot, like reduce upgrade costs, reduce training costs, etc. Most of us have been fine with recruitment times until we got a taste of the 3-day boost. The whole purpose of the pirate catcher is to reduce recruitment time. So that makes the most sense.

14. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

@Daddy P
    Enhancing the pirate catcher does nothing for PH7 or below islands as long as they do not have the ability to get one.

15. Tex

Tex Commodore

@Daddy P we will just have to agree to disagree.

16. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Ah, come on Tex. I've never known you to back away from a good fight. :D

17. lady blackbeard

lady blackbeard Captain

All of these ideas are good and have merit. Recruitment times over 30 mins discourage play. I leave the game, go do the chores. If you want me on line, playing, then keep the recruitment time cut. I will not gem.

Alphafox likes this.
  18. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

They could lower the guild hall level requirement for level 2 and 3 of the Pirate Catcher...

Bear and Daddy P like this.
  19. LYM

LYM Captain

Much the same, our chat is dead, less people on the game. People are starting to move to other games that have quicker recruitment. The guild was buzzing before the times increased. I guess this will be another game to delete if it continues. Member will not gem these times now.

# Johnny Doe #, Raptelan and Fang like this.
  20. Bear

Bear Commodore

I like this idea