Sky Raider special Skill

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by Captain Hakjka, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Tex

Tex Commodore

How about a special ability where they just start blasting that heavy gun on the ground. :D

Ian, Raptelan, Christy and 2 others like this.
  2. Christy

Christy Commodore

Or they can toss grenades out of their pockets as they fly :D

Ian and Bear like this.
  3. Bear

Bear Commodore

Or drop one of the bombers uber bombs

Christy likes this.
  4. Luqman

Luqman Crew

Maybe an ability to use their gun to shoot down and give them a boost,or maybe an ability to slowly rotate 180/360 degrees. Just a thought

5. And they need something that will make them useable in the 700+ rank where everyone has "raider-proofed" their islands.

6. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

[video]

Luqman likes this.
  7. Oh, oh, hype train? Maybe "changing wind directions"? That'd learn em'. I actually think a jet pack boost special ability button would be sweet, keep them aloft longer, or scale an obstacle by going higher.

8. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Boy I hope this is true. An overdue fix in my humble opinion.

9. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

It's definitely true. Has been on the "coming soon" list for awhile.

10. Cap'n Creeperb

Cap'n Creeperb First Mate

Maybe a special skill in which they're invincible for maybe 1.5 seconds and also moves and fights faster (similar to buccaneers skill). Should give them enough time to wreck havoc on the inside before the gunners and jugs arrive. :p

Ian likes this.
  11. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Maybe this?
    "Call Aid"
    Calls in another Sky Raider at the same place (1 per raider already present). Once the thing is gone, the extra guy goes away.

12. sdofigew

sdofigew Powder Monkey

I think A cool push button ability would be if they pull out there gun aim it down which launches them back into air where they then glide and rain of fire again. This would allow for lots of dif tactics of flying into middle of base then launching up and flying out. If a base has lots of decorations as soon as you drop could launch again so can reach base.

13. Ultimate Sea Dog

A nice ability could be:
    "Power Shooter"
    Increases gun fire rate in the air. (ie. he shoots like crazy)
    "Frenzy Knives"
    Just like Berserker, used on the ground.

Or, just give him an ability like the Skellywag.

14. Bear

Bear Commodore

I like the idea of them getting a berserk type ability. It seems to fit their style.

15. Ultimate Sea Dog

Yep, @Bear. They just resemble Buccs in an unnerving way...

16. Maybe something as bizarre as Kamikazee exploding that deals 300% more damage than their base current damage to the building they land on/hit(This idea is almost redundant due to the existence of bombers however), or perhaps the ability to insta land where the player could time their landing with the ability button to get them where they want them.

17. sdofigew

sdofigew Powder Monkey

Hrm I'm wondering if there special ability is going to be to randomly change the wind direction.

Captain Hakjka likes this.
  18. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

Yep they have announced wind change so makes sense it becomes the special ability

19. Ian

Ian Commodore

Given all the past talk about this, am guessing that the 'changing wind' will just be a random natural occurrence and not a 'special skill' associated with any particular troop member.

From a defensive point of view, it means your base needs to factor any direction that the Raiders could come from. From an offensive point, it means more action for the Raiders. ;)

20. thomssi

thomssi First Mate

Wondering whether it will be random direction for each attack or changes during attack. Could have raiders flying round in circles. Could have typhoon defence (CoC cough splutter... just had a wind blower defence added but surely wouldn't copy that......)