Sky Raider special Skill

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by Captain Hakjka, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Bear

Bear Commodore

I've been given the impression that it will just change every battle.

2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I've long thought that a sky raider's special skill could be to drop a bomb while on their way to a target. The strength could be similar to the bomber's kaboom and if well-placed would be quite devastating.

3. Bear

Bear Commodore

It would only be viable if variable wind direction was implemented simultaneously. As it is now, even a "successful" raider attack can at best take out 2-4 buildings with rain of fire. Bases now are just not easy to use raiders on. Though I keep 8 in my crew just in case.

4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I only keep 4 since it only takes 4 to take out a GP :)

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Hey now, I've taken out nine buildings / defenses with an 8-raider drop :)

Love the idea, though!

Honestbob456 and Bear like this.
  6. It's perfect for the islands that leave cannons and mortars out in the open especially! I have only destroyed 6 at most, but I've only recently began using them since I finally maxed them a week ago.

7. I like the idea of a glide button that:

1. Allows them to glide parallel to the ground for perhaps one to two seconds.
    2. When released, the parachute detaches, they stop shooting and drop to the ground to attack.

Honestbob456 and Gangrene Beard like this.
  8. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Do you mean they could glide in a different direction than the wind or just increase the distance they already glide at?

9. Just increase the glide distance - say if they weren't gonna make it over the wall.

10. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

gotcha - so ideally this would be a skill that is added automatically like the bomber's blowing up on death, not a button to press. I think for a button-activated skill it should really be something that can be activated either on the ground or in the air.

11. I was actually thinking that a button would be appropriate. It can only be used once - holding the button down causes the Skyraider to perform a "landing flare" similar to real Ram-Air parachutes, causing the Skyrider to level out for a few seconds. If the button is released, the raider immediately cuts the chute and falls. A button gives the player a choice to use it or not, where as the bombers always blow up upon death once that skill has been unlocked and trained.

12. I like the idea of them gliding a bit longer, but holding the button isn't the way to go in my opinion. I got other things to do during a battle ;)

Honestbob456 and thomssi like this.
  13. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

That's why I thought they could have one bomb to drop from air or land. Gliding further while holding down the button, while interesting, would be very bad for me too :)

14. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

What if, instead of holding the button to glide farther, the button propelled the sky raiders higher. This would increase their glide distance, wouldn't need a constant finger hold, and wouldn't require as much coding to accomplish

Ian likes this.