Still Standing events.... Any Info on them ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NN99, Sep 12, 2019.

1. NN99

NN99 Powder Monkey

Still Standing events.... Any Info on them ?

2. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Maybe it’s a bonus for players with rogue outhouses! :eek::confused::(

3. NN99

NN99 Powder Monkey

It’s a new type of event. Same as battling or voyaging are events. But, it just hasn’t been clarified what it is.

4. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Keep an eye out for more info on the new event, it's coming next month!

NN99 likes this.
  5. NN99

NN99 Powder Monkey

Can’t wait... seriously.

6. NN99

NN99 Powder Monkey

Will we get instructions before the 5 days before ? Or just when the notice pops up ?

7. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

What is a rogue outhouse? Do you have mini flamegates installed into the seats or something?

8. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

A rogue outhouse is one tucked away in a corner... that you only notice when the island is 99% destroyed and all your pirates are going for a swim! :oops::confused:

NN99 likes this.
  9. NN99

NN99 Powder Monkey

Now I understand. Had no idea what you meant initially.
    Or all pirates are busy far away with less than 30 sec remaining when you notice the rogue outhouse.

10. Lynsey [Midoki]

I might have to design an actual rogue outhouse, that looks exactly like a normal outhouse, but chases and attacks when a pirate hits it. A bit like a D&D mimic...

11. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

I don’t think I need the nightmares an outhouse that chases me while attacking would bring.
    However, a defensive capability would be amazing. Possibly a stunning effect similar to a voodoo gate followed by flame gate effect as you get closer to the incredible stench of your typical long drop outhouse.

12. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I'd rather see Lynsey's version, spurting corrosive b$#&@ liquid as it chases down a pirate.That would be fun to watch in camera view. :eek:

13. Lynsey [Midoki]

There's a little bit of info in the news/social feeds, if anyone's interested! And of course, feel free to ask questions! ;)

Jake the Snake likes this.
  14. Jake the Snake

Jake the Snake Powder Monkey

Do we get credit for undeployed pirates, or do we need to throw them all in at the end for credit

15. Lynsey [Midoki]

Pirates have to be deployed - obviously lobbing a load in at the end is a tactic you could use, but you'd have to balance that against the risk of getting fewer stars (you get extra Tokens for more stars), or even losing the battle (in which case, you get nothing!).

Also no, you can't scrape a 1* victory on minimal troops, deploy the rest of your crew then end the battle straight after with the Finish button. To get Survivor Event Tokens, you either have to get 3*, or the timer has to run out when you're on 1 or 2 stars. ;)

Jake the Snake likes this.
  16. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Do all crew has same survivor value? Do gs troops have value?

Intimidator likes this.
  17. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Can we re-use our crew that survived? Or.....do we need to gem up a fresh set again? Lol, already know the answer but humor me anyway.

18. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

FAQ explains that surviving crew with longer hire times and higher costs will earn more tokens.
    Guild ships crew are not addressed in FAQ. Also, does the LP count as one of your Pirates?

19. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

“Feel free to ask questions”....guess no answers on weekend ☺️

Also, do resurrected crew have survivor value?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    Intimidator likes this.
  20. Lynsey [Midoki]

1) The number of Tokens given per pirate depend on its hire time/cost and Tavern slot size

2) You can't re-use surviving pirates - this is the same as it ever was.

3) Legendary Pirates are pirates, so they also provide Tokens if they survive!

4) Donated Pirates from the Guild Ship are also pirates, so they also provide Tokens if they survive!

5) Bog-standard resurrected Skeletons used to be Pirates, so they also provide Tokens if they survive (but not as many as the Pirate they were resurrected from would have got)

6) Exceptions are Ghastly Gunslingers and Skellywags using the Power of Voodoo - as they get resurrected as themselves, they provide the same amount of Tokens if they'd never had died.

peg-brain bob and MorganFlint like this.