Still Standing events.... Any Info on them ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NN99, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

While I must say that I am excited for a new event, I think midoki May have gotten the rules a bit wrong on this, and of course it was done on purpose. Let me elaborate a bit. Now, I may have gotten this wrong, but from what I have read it seems like the rules for this are a total gem/money grab yet again by midoki. The rules sound like the more pirates we use and have left on the actual battlefield, the more tokens we will get, which in turn will require more gems for a rehire during a streak. Wouldn’t it make more sense to get extra tokens for pirates that were actually NOT used, rather than dropped at the last second right before a 3* win?? Is it not MORE skillful to use LESS pirates overall?? I don’t understand why we would get more tokens for using more pirates, other than for midoki to get us to spend more gems per rehire. I know I’m not alone when I say I try my best NOT to use every single pirate in my arsenal in order to spend fewer gems per rehire, but now this event is encouraging me to do the exact opposite. I simply think that is a bit backwards, and I think we should get more tokens for NOT using every pirate, LP, or guild ship pirates. I am going to play the way I always do and see how this event works, but from what I have read, it seems like the rules are a bit off here. Just my opinion I guess.

Cheers!

-Oak

MorganFlint, 850arrr and Intimidator like this.
  2. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Anyone that knows me, knows I’ve been wanting a new event for a very long time! The event hasnt even been played yet, so I’ll give it a shot before I’m brutally honest lol. (Lost art btw) All I have to say rn is I was hoping for something more skill based rather than who has the most time and willing to gem the most expensive crew they can possibly find. As with most games I understand to be competitive you might end up spending some money. After all I’m sure the people that made the game had some intentions of making money and not being a charity for gamers. I might even do well at this event because im a horrible cheap crew(min troops used) type of player. ;) Good Luck all!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  3. TeejMeister

TeejMeister Powder Monkey

Will this ever change?

4. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

It's fairly unlikely, but never say never!

5. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

I was hoping for the classic Toby Maguire pic :D

6. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Haha please no!

7. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

Gotta say, I’m loving the new event!

Jake the Snake likes this.
  8. Jake the Snake

Jake the Snake Powder Monkey

Thank you Lynsey for the reply earlier:)

Gem rewards in a single event! Yay!!:D:D:D:cool:

9. Thanks for the new Event M :) Lubbing It. Cheers D

10. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I’m not sure what supposed to be fun about this event. There’s nothing challenging about attacking the easiest base you can find using minimal troops, then dumping off all your expensive ones at the end to get an insane amount of event points. Nothing to be proud of tbh. I doubt Midoki intended it to be this way, but probably wasn’t thought out all that well. You completely struck out on this one imo. Don’t intend to play it, it’s a complete waste of time. I’d say nice try, but you lost me on this.

Edit. Apparently all you need to do is be willing to lose and dump off wd, hg, juggs, or other expensive troops at the end of the timer to win tokens. Are you kidding me rn? It’s great that you added 1k gems for an event that was.. well....Not so well thought out. Back to the drawing board. An event where you never really had to attack, just dump troops that never really had to battle before time runs out. Its just really ridiculous.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    850arrr and Taipanfan like this.
  11. Tim, maybe it's meant to be that..Fun.. and Midoki thanks all players for the 5th anniversary... but I'm enjoying the rewards.Also what did you do with your PIC...lol. looks like you connected your Leaf Blower to the Mower. Keep Well, D :)

Intimidator likes this.
  12. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Your comment about my avatar made me lol! Thanks @Dplank Beard! Only you would come up with that:D

Dplank Beard likes this.
  13. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

As an event, still standing doesn’t do wonders for me either. But I do like the rewards. Just normal game play has seen most in my guild finishing with a couple of days to spare.
    My biggest hope is that those in less competitive guilds will see that it is possible to finish events and use this as encouragement for the other events.

Unique Rebel likes this.
  14. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Quick question.... Will this event run as it did before? Has there been any changes?

15. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Can we have please half time recruitment for event... next weekend maybe? @Lynsey [Midoki]

Intimidator and Unique Rebel like this.
  16. Unique Rebel

Unique Rebel First Mate

That sounds much more fun and would bring a great balance plus would also encourage smaller guilds to push more to complete the guild event, great idea :)

17. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

A reduction in recruitment time would make sense if we’re required to throw away perfectly good pirates to get tokens for the event! :D js...not that I would do such a thing. If it were worth my while, I might think about it though. I’m feeling silly anyway for a silly event lol....OR have there been some changes to make it an actual event I don’t know about yet? Pretty please, with cherries on top :)

Heatmiser4 and Unique Rebel like this.
  18. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

It's the Guild Still Standing Event this coming Wednesday.

We do have a half time recruitment weekend coming up relatively soon, but not next weekend!

19. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

That’s awesome news! Although a day late and a dollar short imo. Sounds like hush money or in this case, hush up about the broken event lol. That’s Cool ;)

You can’t really in good conscience think this a good event idea? Or something slipped through unexpectedly maybe. In any case, I would like to challenge people NOT to gem one stinking troop for the entire event or purchase any gem packs or offers even, to take it a step further.... I’m not even sure I can do it myself, but THIS IS A CHALLENGE for sure, don’t you think :p ? Much better than the “new” event! Why would I wanna gem my troops and dump them off even for a loss to line Midoki pockets. Either intentionally made this way or not, NO THANK YOU! This should be scrapped immediately or fixed to be a respectable event. Cmon, we know you have it in you to make it something better than this. Omg

Probably only two people will see this, but if you happen to stumble across it and like the idea. Please pass it on lol. You can call me disgruntled or whatever you like. Makes no difference. Every movement had to start somewhere. Even coming from a idiot, knucklehead like myself lol. Cmon we can do it! Challenge accepted here!
    :D
    Cheers,
    Tim

Unique Rebel and 850arrr like this.
  20. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

I’m not sure I entirely agree that this event is ‘broken’.
    • It allows ppl to get reasonable points for a 3* victory - even more if they are able to keep some troops alive.
    • It allows ppl to get reasonable points for dumping an entire crew without bothering to get a victory - but ppl have had to wait for/gem that crew - therefore they aren’t getting something for nothing.
    • It allows ppl who don’t often need/use their guild ship to gain a bonus from their extra unneeded troops!
    I do agree that if (like plundertime) a victory was required - it would improve the challenge of the event. However having an event which supports/allows a greater variety of attack styles is in my opinion a good thing.

And especially at the moment an event that doesn’t require an abundance of loot is extremely welcome! ;)