Still Standing events.... Any Info on them ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NN99, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I respect your opinion of course. I just think as others mentioned here or elsewhere, that it seems a little backwards. What is the challenge of overkilling every island and dumping unneeded troops? If I didn’t need those troops to 3 star, why would I then dump them off just to have to wait more time or use more gems to rehire? To give Midoki more of my gem money? Umm...no ty! The rewards aren’t that awesome to spend more gems than needed if I don’t have to. I don’t see the point. It would require more skill to use less troops would it not?...and why are you allowed to take a loss and just dump troops before the timer runs out? That is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard of. Lol. What’s the fun in that? Maybe for some people I guess, but it’s silly to me. I don’t expect everyone to understand me. This is my opinion, just like yours. There are no right or wrong answers. I hoped for a new event to provide some extra entertainment, but my bubble was burst haha. I’ll get over it.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    850arrr and peg-brain bob like this.
  2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Er, a victory is required - you shouldn't be getting points unless you've got at least a 1* victory!

Intimidator likes this.
  3. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I knew it! See everyone thinks I’m crazy now :cool:

4. We not gonna survive unless we get a little crazy...:rolleyes:

5. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

@Lynsey [Midoki] must love me so much, she has me blocked. Only mentioned this problem on Oct 4th sometime when the event first ran, so good catch!

6. i have enjoyed my 5 years here ...all the best. I have really enjoyed chatting to everyone... :) Signing off

7. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

@Intimidator you are definitely not the only person who noticed/mentioned that only living troops (& not any stars) were all that was required last time this event ran. (There were also discussions in several slack chats specifically about it as well).
    It would appear that Midoki were unaware of this & it was certainly unintended - now that they are aware of it - it won’t be for too much longer! ;)

8. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Naturally I too respect your opinion. I suspect that the event is geared more towards rewarding players that deploy their full crew anyway (and give them something back) rather than intentionally encouraging dumping.
    However the law of unintended consequences will always allow ppl to find ways of gaming systems! :oops:

9. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I definitely wasn’t trying to toot my own horn that I was the first to figure this out. I was merely trying to point out the length of time, which in mind, Midoki must’ve seen at some point. (Shortly after the event launched) at least when I posted on this forum. No, I didn’t send a ticket, they don’t work either imo. So I put it on here to be ignored (apparently). Things aren’t exactly busy around here, so couldn’t be to hard to miss....Midoki says they have staff still playing the game, and I’m fairly certain some have access to these other outside game chats. So I don’t quite understand how this has gone unnoticed for so long or even slipped through the cracks from the start. It seems the players are more involved than the game makers, so at least I know where I stand.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  10. Lynsey [Midoki]

It wasn't ignored, I just misunderstood it - your post on October 4th didn't explicitly say that a victory wasn't required, just that people just needed to dump expensive troops. I literally thought you were saying that people were dumping expensive troops just before the timer ran out after already securing a one star victory - as the event was always designed to require a victory (it says it in the event's FAQ*!), it didn't actually occur to me that this wasn't happening until yesterday! So massive apologies there, I'd completely got the wrong end of the stick, and I can certainly understand your vocal disgruntlement with the event a lot more now! :eek:

We're hoping to have this fixed by tomorrow so that it'll be working as intended - if not, we'll have to switch it out for another guild event until it's sorted.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  11. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

It’s all good, I guess I didn’t spell it out. However, the FAQs says you must either 3 star OR if the timer has run out, then you will be awarded tokens. So that doesn’t really make it clear either what the original intention of the event was, or how exactly it was supposed to work. Have a nice day! :)

12. Lynsey [Midoki]

It's a good point actually, I'll have to clarify the FAQ for the next update! But yes, nobody should be getting any Tokens in any Event unless they're getting a victory.

13. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

:)@Lynsey [Midoki] I didn’t have alot of time this morning to write this, so here goes...I’m not really an apologetic person or one to hold back on what I believe to be right, but I was most likely a bit mean lol. My intentions were mostly good, but I’m sure didn’t comes through my words all that well. I know I’ve given you guys a lot of crap, but I think it comes from being passionate about the game. Yes I complain, but I do enjoy it for what it is. Yes I want more like a lot of other players that have a huge amount of time invested. Overall it’s still fun, I still can’t find a better, simple ,yet complex type of battle/build game out there to tbh. If there was I’d be playing it instead of this one. So just wanted let you know I do appreciate when you respond here and there. I know you have other matters to attend to , other games to take care, real life, etc. I don’t expect a response to every single post, but I think sometimes the players feel like Midoki is hands off on the game when we don’t hear anything for a while. So a little line here or there definitely keeps in the players mind that Midoki hasn’t forgot about the game or the players who help keep this thing alive. So for what’s it’s worth I’m sending you my apologies in front of God and the other 2 people who might read this lol. Enjoy the rest of your day! :)

Sincerely
    Tim

14. Lynsey [Midoki]

Aww, thanks. :) We do appreciate that when people complain, it's only because they care about the game and their experience. I admit I sometimes forget to check the forum as it's a bit quieter nowadays - I sometimes wonder if it'd be worth setting up another community avenue - I think forums are seen as being a bit old hat now, a lot of people have migrated to non-exclusive community platforms (ie you have one log-in and can access multiple communities on one sign in) like Discord, Facebook Groups, Reddit, etc.

Intimidator likes this.
  15. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Idk if anyone else has noticed, the tokens for the event don’t seem to be calculating correctly. I know that legends are 500 points and wds 1,000 each. I have had a few battles where I had at least one legend and one wd alive at the end of battle (1500 points) and other various troops. However, the tokens pop up at the end and seem to be only giving the plunder points at times? So I attacked a ph14 at rank 401+ and got 1300 odd points for the event for a three star. Doesn’t seem right. Shouldnt it be more like 1500(event)+ 1300(pp)= total events points? Maybe I’m wrong? Other attacks similar amounts of troops leftover and hit 3-4000 points (that seems correct) Just an FYI. Keep an eye on your tokens after battle so I know I’m not crazy :)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  16. Death

Death Powder Monkey

Yep. Same thing is happening with my account, Intimidator.

I attacked a Pirate Hall 7 (I’m currently Pirate Hall 9) with a complete wipeout on the base I was attacking (100% destruction), with basically the majority of my pirates/troops still alive, and was receiving a hefty 5,000 event tokens per battle... until: I was getting a mere 60 event tokens per battle (Similar base, similar defence layout, same troops left, 100% destruction). So I tried attacking again to see if was a glitch/bug, and it happened again. I was only getting 60 event tokens instead of the 5,000 that I was receiving earlier.

I was wondering how this might have happened, but Intimidator makes a good point. The event tokens appear to be giving the Plunder Points from some bases and not the actual event reward tokens.

If this could be fixed ASAP, I, and many other players, would be grateful, as we do not feel like spending large amounts of gems to recruit a full pirate layout, only to get the Plunder Points of the base (in event tokens) instead of the normal amount of event tokens that you get for your troops flung alive at the end of the match.

Regards,
    Death

Intimidator likes this.
  17. Lynsey [Midoki]

Hmm, that sounds odd. If you could both (@Intimidator and @Death) send me a message with your in-game names and guilds, I'll get this looked into. If you can remember the name of the player you attacked when you didn't get your tokens too, that'd be helpful.

18. Lynsey [Midoki]

Thanks to the info provided by @Death, I can confirm that neither of you are crazy (or, at least, that the above complaints aren't an indication of any madness that may or may not be present ;)).

We're hoping to have a fix out later today.

Intimidator likes this.
  19. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Currently at work but I can get you my info later on if you still need it.

20. Lynsey [Midoki]

Fix is out now! Hopefully that should be it sorted! :)

Intimidator likes this.