The Future of Plunder Pirates. We want to know NOW.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Super-Nor, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

Can Midoki please tell us where we are going?

My guild is a mixture of malaise and indifference, and hardcore supporters that have dropped big bucks on a game they wanted to support and have flourish, and we need more to know we should bother. Please give us a reason to keep promoting this product.

I think this is very fair to ask. I promise it is not just one guy with these questions.

2. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

@Super-Nor I must agree. We have had many players leave the game out of boredom. These are the players that spend money to support the game. The ones who spend money are usually the ones that get bored and leave when they max out their islands and don't see any new challenges in the foreseeable future. I am sure even many who don't spend as much as the whales are feeling the same. As we all know, new recruits just are not as plentiful as they once were. We need to keep the old timers around. @Chris [Midoki] Any future insights would be greatly appreciated. You don't need to give time frames, just a confirmation of what many of us already suspect (guild wars, new maps, new LP's, new events, etc...), or general details on new things we don't suspect. Thank you

3. McQ

McQ Captain

I think with new players part of the problem is the task to catch up to play the game at a remotely competitive level, even having all the content. Also as stated Rovio do zero advertising to pick up new players too.

Maybe Midoki could offer a fast forward option so new players can immediately jump to say a maxed PH5 base and skip the earlier stages where I imagine a lot give up. Even experienced players who start a mini take ages to develop their second account, so for complete newbies starting off it must seem daunting. Once you get to 5 or 6 and can play at a better level I'd imagine there's a much higher chance they'll continue to play.

4. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Agreed. As a dolphin (willing to dump $$ for events and chests/outfits/re-recruit but not a heavy gemmer) I feel that the game is starting to lose interest for many. Of course, i still play PP 4-5 times a day, rumble, explore etc., but the game has become kind of a grind. With the outfit shortage on the trade ship (me having no excuse to dump gems on worthless stuff for MONTHS) and the fact that defending both loot and PR is IMPOSSIBLE, I think Midoki really needs to do something. Sometimes when there's nothing to do (finished an attack, don't feel like streaking) I open bad Piggies to play. However, in the past 1 week or so, I have not seen ONE ad for PP. Meanwhile PP has tons of ads for Rovio games. How is this fair?

IMO, Midoki needs to focus on two main issues.

1- Events are a grind

It's all well that we have Henry's and Thunderstruck every month or so, but having the same thing rinsed and repeated countless times is kinda boring. I don't mind waiting an extra 2 months or so for Midoki to churn out something good (a new event, or extra LPs) rather than giving a new PH level (and all the same boring old upgrades. WALLS- ugh). the caskets and outfits are great, but the henry's event in particular is getting quite boring. Attack the Serpent. Attack the Big fish. Oh, the serpent's in stormy seas? Let's attack it again. Rinse and repeat. That shouldn't be what an event is about.

2- attracting new players

Remember when everyone was a PH7? back then, there were no rumbles, no guild ship, etc. A guild was there merely to chat and discuss. Back then low-level players could join ANY guild (or more or less) and benefit from the high-level players' experience. Sure, many guilds still take in lower players now, but now low-level players would just find dead base after dead base- players who have given up from the game. That's pretty discouraging, to see those bases with their distilleries. Midoki should allow guilds to accept players into their "side deck", allowing lower level players to chat/receive donations/perks but not participate in a rumble or allow their player power to affect matchmaking. (There can be up to 10 players in this rank, in addition to the 50 max players available now). That'll solve many problems for sure.

5. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Cool idea @Ultimate Sea Dog about the side deck. We are all still hoping for an opt in/opt out option for rumbles. But a "side deck" type of addition you mentioned would be a very good option for up and coming players to be part of a top guild without affecting the competitiveness of the guild.

I'm still enjoying Events. Just holing to see more in the future. They are optional, just like many other aspects of the game. So it is always good to have the option to particpate in them to get added resources.

Kitty1174 and Tessa Rose like this.
  6. Odog-ethan

Odog-ethan Crew

Answer seems simple to me. Midoki needs to add a whole new form of competition that all ph levels can participate in and be usefull to their guilds.

7. Ian

Ian Commodore

I agree that new content is needed and historically Midoki has been punished publicly here for rushing new elements in order to appease eager Members; and whilst I would hope that they are busy designing this new content, an update here wouldn't go astray. But remember Midoki is a commercial enterprise and as such any new content will lean towards revenue generation.

8. Juggernaut

Juggernaut First Mate

You won't get any revenue if the product that you are putting out there is outdated, the need to continually evolve, reinvent yourself, take your product to a new level not just your PH, that's where Midoki is dropping the ball, you got to always keep it interesting.
    I remember the time when Midoki made a chat group with the majority of the guilds (every guild sent 1 player), to get feedback about the game and see what their customers had in mind, you just don't see those initiatives anymore, in fact, the only real means of communication we had with Midoki(Lindsey ) is no longer around.
    I remember when those lil previews they used to give us would spark great convos in this forum, which is sadly dead compared to other times, let's just pray and hope for the best and that they for once listen to their customers.

Unique Rebel, Mobotts and Super-Nor like this.
  9. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Thanks for the likes! @Ian I agree too about the new content. But a heads up would definitely be welcome. @Chris [Midoki] when will Lynsey be back?

10. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Until (or if) Chris gets on and gives a more definitive answer, I'm guessing we won't see Lynsey back until late first quarter or possibly second quarter 2017.

11. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Based on (a) UK maternity/paternity leave & (b) when Lynsey posted her departure message... I would guess her return at approx July 2017. ;)

Ian likes this.
  12. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

The projected dates for forum support are unfortunate to say the least. I sincerely hope they are incorrect.

13. Ian

Ian Commodore

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Noooooooo.........

14. flyingdoucheman

flyingdoucheman Magical Banner Wizard

Double Noooooooooooooooooo!

Ian likes this.
  15. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

There is no future, there are no responses from anyone from the game. It's only a few of us left here that are fortunate enough to be in a active, competitive guild. When the rest of our friends decide to hang it up because of lack of challenges and content, Its over. There are not many of us left:(

I also do not see the point in big alliances at this point in the game. If it's recognition in the game to recruit more players you are seeking, what's left in the game after they are all in your guilds? There are no more competition in the game. Done! End of story....

16. Calabiyau

Calabiyau Crew

There is no future! After 628 days playing this game I'm tired. PP is over, the developers have the Worst comunication with the community i've ever seen, no responses... The game have no way, the ep are useless, the Chest and maps drop is a joke, i didnt see Ching Sish in the last Six Months...really exist? They have a lot of good ideas of the comunity and the game continue in the same point, and We are here spending our time waiting for nothing.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  17. ShiverMeTimbers

ShiverMeTimbers Powder Monkey

I don't pay attention to the trade ship. Very surprised with that many days you have not been able to get her. Early on when they launched I grabbed them all luckily. Maybe you will see her before boredom takes its final toll.

18. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

472d without Blackbeard on my second account. 6 months is nothing:mad:

19. Calabiyau

Calabiyau Crew

472 days... Omg :eek::eek::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Tessa Rose likes this.
  20. Mobotts

Mobotts Captain

Wow it's crazy to me that there are still legends missing from peoples forts, especially those of you who have been playing as long or longer than me! Yikes!

Tiger Lilly and Tessa Rose like this.