The game chat to end all chats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bear, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Bear

Bear Commodore

Do you feel groupme is limited? Does line lack the visual appeal you want? Now introducing the Plunder Pirates Slack chat.

Slack has several perks to make it a better chat system for us here.
    Pro's:
    • Unlimited members
    • Actual group security and administration
    • Multiple "channels" to chat in so topics can be discussed without Messing up general chat.
    • Private groups can be made for guilds or alliances.
    • Unlimited file sharing
    • Everything is searchable
    • Great mobile and desktop notifications
    • Highly Customizable personal notifications.
    • Seamless synchronization between devices.
    Con's:
    • Limited options and setting on the app. Most of the settings are accessed from the browser, including setting your profile picture.

If you would like to join just pm me your email address and I can add you. Feel free to bring your whole guild and start a private group for them too!

Guilds represented in Plunder Pirates Slack team:

• Atarigeneration
    • Rapt Renegades
    • Rapt Academy
    • Tortuga Nest
    • Red Flag Fleet
    • Red Flag Fleet 2
    • Red Flag Fleet 3
    • Black Flag IV
    • Irish Jack Tars
    • ELITE Brasileira
    • BarbaryRenegade
    • Plank Divers
    • Laughing Skulls
    • AtlantisOutlaws
    • Pirates United
    • Rapt Retreat

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    TBird, MrHyer, Raptelan and 1 other person like this.
  2. Bear

Bear Commodore

Btw this is just an experimental group to see if it will work. If there is no interest it will be deleted.

TBird likes this.
  3. hidyhorum

hidyhorum Crew

Cool. will check it out. I really like the search feature you mentioned.

4. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I am downloading it. Looks like an excellent chat app. My concerns are many will not be able to navigate the complexities of the app. Was a huge challenge getting people to use Line, can't imagine how hard it will be to get them to switch.

Bear likes this.
  5. Bear

Bear Commodore

Cool. You can go to slack.com and check out the features, and if you want to join just pm me your email.

TBird likes this.
  6. Bear

Bear Commodore

That's the biggest hurdle. It's always hard to get people to swap apps. And slack does have a learning curve, but it's so useful once you are on it. I use it for another game I play.

TBird likes this.
  7. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Slack is a very popular chat in Enterprise.

Bear likes this.
  8. Bear

Bear Commodore

If there is no interest by this time tomorrow. I'll just delete the group.

TBird likes this.
  9. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

It's not even been two days! The last one took weeks to get going :p

10. Marmaladesix

Marmaladesix First Mate

Another app?

Shonda La likes this.
  11. Bear

Bear Commodore

Ok. I'll give it time.

TBird likes this.
  12. Bear

Bear Commodore

I do think it is Still viable for a multi guild chat. In another game I play there are just two factions. We have a joint cross faction chat and private groups within that team chat.

TBird likes this.
  13. hidyhorum

hidyhorum Crew

Yes, please give it time. Real life happens, so haven't checked it out yet. Always open for something new.

Bear likes this.
  14. Bear

Bear Commodore

You can set as many admins as you want. If each captain was an admin. He could create, kick, add anyone to his private groups. The only difference between the team owner and an admin is the team owner cannot be removed from power by anyone.

TBird likes this.
  15. Bear

Bear Commodore

The way I had envisioned it. Each guild captain would be an admin, we would have a private group of all captains for the purpose of discussing group moderation. I had even thought about only allowing 1 captain per fleet too, so that multi guilds didn't have a bigger sway in moderation.

TBird likes this.
  16. hidyhorum

hidyhorum Crew

I'm only a first mate on Black Flag 4, but like's stuff like this. I checked it out and I think I like Slack better. @Blueberry

17. Blueberry

Blueberry Captain

OK I will sign up and have a look - i like the sound of the features :) Thanks for highlighting @hidyhorum

18. Blueberry

Blueberry Captain

hidyhorum likes this.
  19. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

I don't think this approach will work well for most.

You can see and message all members within the team, so I fear it would turn into leech recruiting madness. In addition, anyone can see the email address of any other team member, which I doubt most players would be comfortable with people outside of their guild being able to see. Admins could cause problems for one another or members of other guilds. It is really designed to be a self-contained instance for your team, not something to be used across teams, and every guild or guild alliance is, in essence, as much a separate team as companies are.

We will be happy with our own instance, but smaller guilds or those with less technically-oriented captains may well benefit from considering the shared team environment @Bear is suggesting.

20. Bear

Bear Commodore

I appreciate your insight. A lot of people use special gaming emails for things like this. If people are not, I encourage you to do so. You can easily create an extra email at Gmail.com.

It would definitely be a community based on a mutual respect of each other. Anyone who would violate that mutual respect would have to be removed.

TBird and hidyhorum like this.