The game chat to end all chats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bear, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Bear

Bear Commodore

We are at 73 members and growing!

2. How does it compare with Hangouts? Is it Android friendly?

3. Bear

Bear Commodore

Much better than hangouts and way more secure. I use it totally on an android mobile device. I can perform all major features between the app and the browser.

The app is desktop biased though. It has WAY more functionality on a pc.

4. Isles dT

Isles dT Powder Monkey

Thanks again @Bear and all who've contributed to this super helpful thread :) At Plundering 24/7 we're only just starting work on comms outside of game chat so we sure appreciate the tip. Slack looks terrific so far... thx!

Bear likes this.
  5. Skye

Skye Commodore

Sent you a pm :D

Bear likes this.
  6. Very cool. We are discussing possibly using Slack as well for our Guild.

7. Bear

Bear Commodore

It's a great app.

8. Bear

Bear Commodore

Don't forget about our cross faction chat! Just some stats from this week.

Your team sent a total of 1,709 messages last week (that's 159 more than the week before). Of those, 32% were in channels, 9% were in groups and 59% were direct messages. Your team also uploaded 49 files (that's 1 fewer than the week before).

Come join and trash talk with your rumbles in the #rumbles channel. Discuss strategy and base design in our #strategy channel. Hangout and chat in #general.

Oh yeah, or you could join our #catgif channel.. Whatever floats your boat, but sign up!

Isles dT likes this.
  9. Bear

Bear Commodore

Isles dT likes this.
  10. Bear

Bear Commodore

Just wanted to bump this post. The public slack chat is going great with 200 members!

11. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

Need to Add a guild bear, sorry for pestering you. Hint hint.

12. Bear

Bear Commodore

Another shameless bump. The slack chat is still alive and well. If you want to join just sign up at http://rov.io/slack

13. Marmaladesix

Marmaladesix First Mate

I signed up (or re-signed up?) but haven't heard back yet. Did I do it wrong?

14. Bear

Bear Commodore

I literally sent you an invite right before I bumped this thread. I'll look into it.

15. Hawkbeard

Hawkbeard First Mate

Is there a line group going or just slack?

16. Bear

Bear Commodore

There are a lot of different line groups and kik groups and GroupMe groups. And a couple of slacks. But this is the original Slack chat and it has the most members and is the most active.

17. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

@Bear, you're back! Long time, no see. :)

Bear likes this.
  18. Bear

Bear Commodore

haha. I'm just trying to promote my slack team. :) I doubt i'll get back involved in the forums too much.

19. locomoco

locomoco Powder Monkey

I guess no one is monitoring this anymore. I submitted a request in the form but no response.

20. Skye

Skye Commodore

We do keep monitoring submissions and inviting people, although we have to do it manually, so if people are busy it can take a bit for someone to be able to get on and do it. I just added an integration to make it easier on us to invite new members, so hopefully invites happen more speedily in the future. Hopefully you made it in, if not PM me your email and I'll add you myself.