The New Rebalancing: an Observation, new PP version released on March 18 2015

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HatStand, Mar 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skye

Skye Commodore

I just woke up to a group chat picture of PPG's PH being destroyed by one of ours for a 2* victory, and I'm certain master Jun could manage 3* with some practice, so perhaps our initial reservations about the hp boost were unwarranted.
    It still takes an incredibly clever attack, but its not difficult to beat from what I've seen. That said, unless you know the specific strategy, the base does bounce off expensive attacks remarkably well. We've been reminded that every nut can be cracked.
    That said, I hope PPG and the rest of MM tweaks things to deal with the defensive vulnerability, as it was a very clever design, and despite our friendly rivalry I do want to see PPG overtake the shielded player at 2015 for first. He's quickly become one of my favorite players, and he deserves a top leaderboard position.

# Johnny Doe #, Smelly_Vile and Jun like this.
  2. Jun

Jun First Mate

Cracked your jimmym32 for 91% and 2 stars as well. I guess that's the end to your invincible base claims? im okay with having to use some guild ship troops to get that last few percent, but then again it was only my second try on the base thus far.

3. 小绿(Green)

小绿(Green) First Mate

Awesome Jun, that base looks very weak anyway, I would definitely go with the kaboom skill.

4. Tex

Tex Commodore

That base looks very weak? Lol
    Now you're just being annoying.

5. Skye

Skye Commodore

Lets see your base Green, and a defense log to go with it.
    Its not flawless but its certainly great against the average player.

Tex likes this.
  6. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

7. 小绿(Green)

小绿(Green) First Mate

Don't underestimate me, I was ranked in global top 8 and 9 with my both accounts before PH8 release.
    Which is basically #1 and 2 because those who were in the 1-7 position had Artificial PR

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
    Jun likes this.
  8. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Did you use both accounts to push each other up?

9. 小绿(Green)

小绿(Green) First Mate

Honestly, this is a silly question. I don't do that because my girlfriend can handle her own.
    And, how much PR do you think I can push with only two accounts?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  10. Mr. Brown

Mr. Brown Crew

PPG, thank you for sharing about the base layout; JimmyM32's design is well done. I do have to add though, I saw your base and Jimmy's were destroyed when I went to take a look...It is tough, but not unbeatable.
    I think the bases were too easy to 3 star before the update, now it takes most of my troops and some tactics. I am sure that anyone attempting an attack on you must go all out to get a star or two, but I suspect that is the point of the update, making 3 stars something to work for.
    Despite my pointing out that the layout is not unbeatable, I adopted a version for my own use. It is the best I have seen so far.

小绿(Green) likes this.
  11. Goose

Goose Crew

Sneaky Pete same layout not much 50% but .. Won.
    Few hours back ive meet u.
    Still thinking about sharing some pics :)

Jun likes this.
  12. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

I hit sneaky (a JimmyM32 clone) for 95% a day or two before the update. Layout was a cinch to level. Post update idk.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  13. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

I have seen replays of PPG's base getting 3-starred since the update. It is certainly possible. Although Jimmy is responsible for perfecting that layout, I have been using a round-walled layout for months, with opposing GP's like that since PH8 was first introduced, so I am very familiar with this layout. I attack any other round layout I see and have always defeated them, alhough I do believe they are the best or I wouldn't be using one for so long, but frankly it's the style I use because I like how it looks and I've grown to understand it well. When I reached PR852 it was using a similar design with lv *7* walls, and I was still winning defenses fairly often. I have not had the chance to attack a clone of Jimmy's design yet, but I will when I see one, and hope to get 2 stars without maxed troops. Familiarity is everything - I am so used to the "2 GP's in front of a back wall in front of a ship with collector columns on the sides" layout that I win against those in my sleep. Plus a LOT of designs are just PH7-based with the extra GP slapped on somewhere stupid, and even Jimmy's design has not yet incorporated the guild ship in a useful manner. The interesting radically different ones are what screw me up.

IMHO, Everyone should really just try to be unique and tweak your layout based on watching defense replays, rather than copying somebody else. Makes for a more interesting game.

14. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Scratch that, I encountered two replica bases in the 600's tonight and attacked both. Both attacks were executed overly hastily and with only 2 brutes in my crew and no other heavy troops, mainly gunners and some bombers - one attack included 8 raiders and the other 8 skellies. NO GUILD SHIP TROOPS in either battle, and my troops are nowhere near maxed. One and two star victories.

15. Skye

Skye Commodore

Yes I was hasty, in my analysis as I have seen PPG and Jimmy get 2 starred without guild ship troops and fairly cheap armies.

16. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

...aaaaand I just 3-starred a perfect replica (it is really something, so many people copy every detail to the letter! How boring...My layout is constantly getting small tweaks and changes!). 4 brutes (lv22), 1 wd (lv14), 12 skellywags (lv15), 8 bombers (lv19), the rest gunners (lv26). No guild troops as the rest of my guild is asleep. The walls were not maxed but it really didn't matter since my troops entered through the flame gates anyways.

There is no such thing as an undefeatable layout!

17. Skye

Skye Commodore

Thats not even how I attack them (although I 2* it, albeit with a cheaper army than yours; if I wanted to shell out 100k for a wd I'm sure I would 3* it, but I've only hit the layout a couple times myself and I don't like using WD unless I absolutely have to, I hate wasting the grog)

I'll admit I'm currently using a slightly tweaked version, but I'm starting to think of alternate layouts already as I find more weaknesses in it. Trying to compensate for its downfalls very quickly destroys the parts that make it good and I'm about ready to scrap it. It handles an average attacker very well at the moment but experienced players will be ripping through it very quickly as they become used to it.

btw I took a look at your base, very interesting. I'd love to discuss the ai ramifications of the box segments sometime as its an interesting approach and I'm wondering how it handles.

18. Goose

Goose Crew

[​IMG]

so here is ur invisible base.

all attacks from our members was making from sides ;p

Jun, Skye and 小绿(Green) like this.
  19. 小绿(Green)

小绿(Green) First Mate

I've finally found and attacked two identical base in the PR of 500, almost everything maxed except the walls, while climbing back to the top, First try got 96% and second 100% just as expected.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  20. Goose

Goose Crew

what combination of troops did u use ?
    ive tried with 3 brutes 6 juggs 12 bombers 2 wd and 19 gunners

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.