The new updates. The hype is taking over! (Official Hype & Discussion Thread)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Edward Kenway, Oct 8, 2014.

1. z1ggur4t

z1ggur4t Crew

"Tickets please, tickets please. Those with Coach Only tickets please return to the rear of the train and return to your seats. The rest of you in first class can make use of the dining car which has just opened."

2. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

;)Great, my ticket says, "Sit on the roof and shut up."

kEnNeth0510 likes this.
  3. Chaos5715

Chaos5715 First Mate

R we there yet?

4. ckl1

ckl1 Powder Monkey

I'm trying to understand the length of time Apple needs to approve the update.

Is 11 days pretty accurate for an update to an app or is the trend line below related to new app submissions?

http://appreviewtimes.com/ios/annual-trend-graph

5. DeadBear82

DeadBear82 Powder Monkey

Anyone see the new structures and new soldiers provided by an upgrade in the upgrade window? Was this always there or is this a recent development? Pretty cool, to know what you're getting with the next upgrade.

6. z1ggur4t

z1ggur4t Crew

not only am I waiting for the update but PH6 to finish cooking too. It's killing me...

7. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

As I said, it was submitted yesterday. A full list of the release notes will be posted on the forum when the update is live on the app store halloween_smile

PlunderPirate and Edward Kenway like this.
  8. z1ggur4t

z1ggur4t Crew

can't all be bad Chris having a community desperate for the next installment. not a bad place to be for a dev huh?

9. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

That is indeed true halloween_smile Just hope everyone likes it!

10. Chaos5715

Chaos5715 First Mate

Only 2 things that I'm really hoping for. Chat fix and mortars bouncing troops over walls fix.

11. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Ok, I know you don't wanna spoil anything, but are there any features besides new building upgrades? Like, useful and new features?
    You don't have to say how they work or anything, just a simple ''Yes''or ''No'' :D

12. Captain Didwell

Captain Didwell First Mate

halloween_coolI think the Halloween update is there. . . halloween_bat

13. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

haha:D All pirates are turned into skeletons:D

PlunderPirate likes this.
  14. Captain Didwell

Hehehehehalloween_bigsmile
    Army Of The Dead rises. . .halloween_evil

15. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

kinda like a black pearl theme:)

16. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

Apple usually takes a week, give or take a few days, assuming it is not sent back to the Devs for revisions. So I would expect to see it released mid-week next week.

17. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

I also wonder if Apple gives priority to certain developers over others. This being Rovio, I wonder if it gets pushed to the front of the line? If it comes out before next Monday, the answer would be "yes".

18. Captain Didwell

[​IMG]

19. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Now I wonder if I should continue removing rocks...

20. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

@Shark Bait To answer your question about whether larger developers get faster approval response, let me put it this way. I know a guy who made a simple, free app for a comic book he writes. It was never sent back for revisions, but took 2-3 months to make it through the queue.

If he submits an update at the same time as a large software developer, the one from the company that's making millions for Apple is going to come out first. Now whether that's just an internal prioritization they do, or the large developers pay Apple for expedited or time-sensitive approvals, I can't say, but in my experience, the big guys almost always make it to the store shelves first.