The new updates. The hype is taking over! (Official Hype & Discussion Thread)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Edward Kenway, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Bear

Bear Commodore

You are making all my dreams come true!

Lynsey [Midoki] likes this.
  2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

I knew you loved the green of those cannons!

Bear likes this.
  3. Bear

Bear Commodore

Haha. Adjustable range makes everything beautiful!

4. kiki_mabau

kiki_mabau Crew

After maintenance
    Mortar lv 11 goin crazy
    My gunner has lv 29, just 3 booooom from mortar and they die quickly
    My training ground was active

5. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

6. Skye

Skye Commodore

What level training ground? With a lv 1 training ground, 3 direct hits will kill a gunner. With a lv 2 training ground, it takes 4.

7. Bear

Bear Commodore

Update coming on the 20th! Hype!

Barbed and Edward Kenway like this.
  8. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Aaaaaaaaamen

Bear likes this.
  9. I still haven't finished upgrading my cannons yet! Midoki needs to have a gem sale soon...

10. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Okay I'm not reading back God knows how many pages so not sure if these have already been asked.
    Is there a fix for the new Mortars not blowing back the troops in this update? I'm not upgrading my Mortars until that's fixed, as it's a huge advantage.
    Is the new WD AI here to stay? Or is it getting tweaked?
    My adds are terrible, most of the time I don't get rewarded for looking at them, the screen freezes at the reward stage, most times I'm forced to exit the app.
    The Rumbles need to be tweaked so that mini bases can't turn the whole battle into a joke.
    Does anyone have any news about our new pirates? Is there any of them with an ability to get through walls? There's a type of Angle base that it's near impossible to guide Bombers to where you want them, on some you can use their Kaboom ability to get them through. But maybe a wall expert would make it a bit too easy, but maybe not, it would definitely get rid of the Angle base, good riddance, sick to death of attacking them, they're everywhere, people seem to do noting only copy it.
    There's something else I wanted to ask but as usual I've forgotten haha, I'll comment again later.

Edward Kenway likes this.
  11. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I also got some problems with the ads, like 15% of the time the game crashes. I think they are fixing the mortar in this upcoming update, no news about any anti-wall heroes, or any for that fact, but the update will arrive the 20th so it's it's not far away now :)

Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  12. Yes
    That has not been released, but check the images, there is one dude with some big bombs. We are getting Ching back, she can direct/lead troops.

Bl00dBaTh and Edward Kenway like this.
  13. Skye

Skye Commodore

Fish already answered a couple of those.

Mortars are confirmed as fixed.
    In the past Midoki has confirmed they're looking into further tweaks to the WD AI to make him more adaptable to more playstyles. Unconfirmed if thats in this update, but I promise they care.
    I'm sure they are working on making ads less buggy as well. Might not be in this update, but they're working on it.
    Rumble matchmaking is confirmed to be getting a fix this update; although a full overhaul of the point system is being considered for the further future.
    Facebook has a daily bio on all the new pirates, I believe about 7 of them have been teased so far.
    On their twitter feed (https://twitter.com/plunderpirates), a bunch have short video clips previewing their abilities. Black Beard does seem to have some sort of explosive ability, although it was demoed vs defenses instead of walls where it didn't seem to do much. Mack, Black Beard, Annabelle, and Ching have video demos so far.

Angle bases are very popular, and it can be boring if you're trying to level a bunch for bp for a rumble, but at least they're easy when you get them down. If you're looking to 3* it, clear the side buidings, and run bombers to the wall and hit kaboom in a big group (I mean a big group, like 18-with kaboom 2, it should blast through 2-3 layers of walls which should be enough to get through at some point) then follow with your gunners and a witch doctor; the witch doctor revives all those skeletons (if it doesn't bug), which act as bullet shields while your gunners kill everything off - no need for juggs besides maybe one to distract things while your bombers go in, and that means your WD will play much nicer.

If you're looking for loot, they're even easier. Find the side that doesn't have the shark trap (if either do, silly ph8), kill off the side buildings and collectors with some gunners, and then send in thieves cloaked in groups of 10-15 (I use 15 max level thieves). Two to three groups of thieves will clear all the stores, leaving the base completely loot free thanks to the open door. You have to be smart about cloaking them before any defenses can hit them (long range ph! check if the flaps are open on top or bottom, cannons up top are long range) but with some practice you'll be stealing 1m grog/gold right out of these and laughing at them. If you clear all the major side buildings and collectors, with gunners and your thieves get all 6 stores, you also get an easy 1* victory, should you be kind enough to leave them with the shield. Thanks to Resarf for this tactic, its much more funner than collector sniping and its apt to make people ruin the couple things that make an angle design work to try to guard against the thieves, which makes it even easier to bomb in.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
    Ogre's Reef, Ian, Bl00dBaTh and 3 others like this.
  14. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Thanks, yes I've seen some of their bios on Google+, can't wait to try them out.

Yea that's exactly how I've been attacking Angle bases (except for a few that I completely messed up haha, make sure to give 100% attention), but because my Bombers aren't maxed some bases are a little harder.
    But that's a great idea on using Thieves, I'll try that out.

15. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

The new update is coming... TOMORROW???

16. Lynsey [Midoki]

*cough* Thursday *cough*

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015

17. Hyped about this guy!

18. Skye

Skye Commodore

*anxiously awaiting further details* Its coming Thursday I thought. Or is one side of the international date line already on Wednesday?

19. Lynsey [Midoki]

Sorry, my bad, the update is Thursday, thought tomorrow (which is Wednesday the 19th) was the 20th! c00ni's in Australia though, so gets to Thursday a bit faster than everybody else! ;)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  20. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

It's Tuesday @Singapore.