The Unofficial Global PR Leaderboard - Updated Monday 9th January 2017 10:30 GMT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by c00ni, Apr 2, 2016.

1. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

I'm rank pushing.
    I want to see where I stand.

Here are all the 800+ players I could find:

Edit: Click for leaderboard -> Updated Sunday 10 April 19:30 GMT+10

It's correct as of now. I'm not sure how often I will bother to update it.
    Feel free to post here who, and where to find others that are 800+, I scanned the top 40 guilds. Also if you want to take the list further than 800 then that's fine too - I'm just selfish.

Did I ever mention on the forum that a global PR leaderboard would be good? Because it would be.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  2. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

823 --->Arrow<--- Royal Holland
    808 Kamikazemug Royal Holland

In the Netherlands no further players above 800 :cool:

@c00ni , I know a solution that would speed up your quest for the new "global leaderboard"
    There are only so many countries you can play from if you would take a VPN connection and connect with an account to every country of the world one after another you would see the countries ranking and have al the players data at once!

Possibly not worth the effort to do all countries but if you would take 50 of the world that are the largest and-or most active withplayers... What do you think?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  3. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

@Lynsey [Midoki] @Chris [Midoki] @Beck [Midoki]

What is midoki's standpoint on the global leaderboard? I know it hase been replaced but as discussed else on the forum, could the FaceBook leaderboard not be replaced for the Global Leaderboard?
    I know I (and many more) did the monthly rank push to see how high we got. Now we only have national not international... Will the leaderboard ever come back? As the actions by @c00ni clearlyshow, there is a broad group supporting this!

i looked up some of the other posts, to make things easier:

*Replace the Streaking leaderboard:*
    http://forum.plunderpirates.com/ind...h-global-leaderboard-please.10528/#post-74257

*Replace the Facebook leaderboard:*
    http://forum.plunderpirates.com/ind...0-pr-leaderboard-back.10182/page-3#post-72824

Personal suggestion post for MORE leaderboards! (Mock-up included)
    http://forum.plunderpirates.com/ind...uilds-just-like-top200-national-players.9972/

cold_storm likes this.
  4. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

Since taking away the global leaderboard midoki has been completely mum about their opinion Of it and the future of bringing it back. My only thought is that midoki wised up and realized that players that wanted to be high rank actually attack less and ride shields longer. Therefore gem less troops and play less. That's not good for midoki and these players are often the most passionate players and players who are playing with max islands and probably have the most money to burn. So will we get it back? I doubt it.

5. Tex

Tex Commodore

Cmon' and comment about this Midoki. I'd wager 1,000 gems that nobody would be clamoring for return of the friends or streak leaderboard if either went bye-bye. So are you gonna give us what we want or leave us resorting to @c00ni "unofficial" reports? (Thank u C00ni for the effort).

Kamikazemug likes this.
  6. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

Assuming I had 50 VPNs in said countries, that's a *lot* more work than scanning top guilds.
    You need to cold launch the game to switch regions after connecting to the relevant VPN.
    Scanning the list of top guilds takes *much* less effort.

Will have to guild search for Royal Holland next time I update - hope there aren't too many 800+ players in guilds outside the top 100.

Kamikazemug likes this.
  7. Skye

Skye Commodore

I doubt many top ranked players aren't in major guilds - if they're in a guild, their rank should be boosting the guild pretty high even if the rest of the players are fairly low

You could also look at the guild list for players in your regional 200 and see if any of them are in a not top-ranked guild, but thats a lot of work and I doubt that would get more than one or two entries.

They replaced the leaderboard when they added the seasonal one. I believe the reason was that they could only have so many tabs on the leaderboard screen, and also that the global board would take too much focus off the seasonal leaderboard, which at the time of launch they would obviously want framed as nicely as possible to make it more engaging, rather than have it competing for attention. It was a new competition they put a lot of effort into, and obviously would want it to be the main focus at the time.

However, since seasonal has been around for several months now, has already had its time in the sun, and people are asking for rank to be shown again, it would be a good time to reintroduce it; there would be no detriment anymore to showing both side by side.

I originally thought they were going to phase rank out and go to a different sort of level mechanism, given that the board was removed, but now that PP is based on rank, I think that will be much more of a hassle since many things would have to be rebalanced/designed. Now that people actually have a reason to be high rank with the PP scoring change, it definitely makes more sense to bring it back, since it seems rank is becoming a more important feature to competitive play.

Kamikazemug likes this.
  8. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

This is exactly my point.

Kamikazemug likes this.
  9. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

I don't think the two will have much overlap. Very different styles of gameplay.

I thought me in Aussie was about as low as it'd get (we're 29th now) but I guess not haha

10. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

Again a good explanation by all. I rank high for higher points to get higher a in rumbles and the new leaderboard. So although different play-style the two have a direct link and I would love to get if back. Again, if we need to ditch a leaderboard.. The Facebook would be my nr 1 (not useful) and also after reading @Skye it would lighten the game as the Facebook connection is gone.

11. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

Take J. Flint as an example. High in both lists

12. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

Updated 160404 12:00 GMT+10

PR Name - Guild (Guild Rank (to find players' profiles easily))

1010 vuassya - Poccnr (10)
    954 Bar - Dead Unicorn Inc (6)
    923 J. Flint - POCCNR (2)
    901 KostyaKK - POCCNR (2)
    864 Burrrya - POCCNR (2)
    855 Holy Trinity - PIRATES UNITED (1)
    850 RussianFox - 50RUSCKNX (20)
    846 c00ni - Aussie (26)
    844 Red Dragon - Elite Legends (8)
    844 ---> Arrow <--- - Royal Holland (>100)
    832 Kamikazemug - Royal Holland (>100)
    826 petitboo #LF - La France (19)
    818 Lost Island - Aussie Razors (3)
    817 Superhuman - Elite Legends (8)
    815 Sharky - PIRATES UNITED (1)
    813 Darkphle - Meyham Mutineers (12)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    Kamikazemug likes this.
  13. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Top 20 as off this morning were:

995 vuassya Россия

954 Ba® Dead Unicorn Inc

923 J. Flint3 РОССИЯ

901 KostyaKK РОССИЯ

882 小八 台灣 Taiwan 幼稚園小班

872 Burrrya РОССИЯ

862 stofie69 ENGLAND RULES

855 RussianFox 50RUSских

850 HolyTRINITY PIRATES UNITED

849 c00ni Aussie

844 ---> Arrow <--- Royal Holland

838 Red_Dragon Elite Legends

835 Superhuman Elite Legends

826 petitboo #LF La France

818 Lost Island Aussie Razors

809 Эскадрон РОССИЯ

807 Darkphle Meyham Mutineers

803 ᔕӇᗋᖇҠӰ /෴\ PIRATES UNITED

797 H5N1 Aussie Razors

796 shin PIRATES UNITED

14. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

We ALL LOVE @Lynsey [Midoki] (and the rest of the team off course):p

I hope we do let you know this often enough! :oops:

Skillzone10 and Cocobean like this.
  15. Skye

Skye Commodore

Even if we don't get one in game again for a while, if you gave us a list every once in a while here like you used to do with rumbles, that would probably appease people a bit!

16. Dog Breath

Dog Breath First Mate

Thank you Lynsey ! :D

17. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

*unofficial* (may be missing some people)
    Updated Sunday 10 April 19:30 GMT+10

1036 vuassya Россия
    963 Ba® Dead Unicorn Inc
    928 J. Flint3 РОССИЯ
    918 Superhuman Elite Legends
    903 c00ni Aussie
    895 chinese? chinese? (20th guild, 5015, purple flag)
    872 KostyaKK РОССИЯ
    864 Ebola Aussie Razors
    855 ᔕӇᗋᖇҠӰ /෴\ PIRATES UNITED
    851 shin PIRATES UNITED
    851 Marat*81 Россия
    849 HolyTRINITY PIRATES UNITED
    847 小八 台灣 Taiwan 幼稚園小班
    844 Burrrya РОССИЯ
    829 Эскадрон РОССИЯ
    825 Pirate Dickbeard Swedish Pirates
    815 petitboo #LF La France
    808 Darkphle Meyham Mutineers
    807 HAYLO PIRATES UNITED

I finally cracked 900! Woohoo!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    Skye, Lynsey [Midoki] and Kamikazemug like this.
  18. Hawkbeard

Hawkbeard First Mate

Would be so good to have this back in game. Rather than the friends tab or streaks, gives you something to work up to. The monthly top one is good but the only way to do well in that is to spend aload of gems.

19. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

And from the mouth of the server, the current top 20 in terms of Pirate Rank as of this afternoon:

997 vuassya Россия

928 J. Flint РОССИЯ

917 c00ni Aussie

890 HolyTRINITY PIRATES UNITED

875 凶险 風雲

871 Pاกત્ર ᎿવᏣల Elite Legends

864 Ebola Aussie Razors

861 Burrrya РОССИЯ

852 shin PIRATES UNITED

850 Superhuman Elite Legends

849 2名门第一帅 名门天下

846 KostyaKK РОССИЯ

844 ?抽屉里的?阳光 凌鼎天下IV

822 petitboo #LF La France

820 小八 台灣 Taiwan 幼稚園小班

818 7ི༺乘?風༻ 凌鼎天下IV

817 七神 海贼王大联盟--GZ-CHINA

808 ᔕӇᗋᖇҠӰ /෴\ PIRATES UNITED

802 hwa8 Red Flag Fleet

802 ??ЛЕВ?? Россия

Dog Breath likes this.
  20. Hawkbeard

Hawkbeard First Mate

I still have a bit to go to get in the top 20.