Thunderstruck event...bravo PP!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Silver Beard, May 12, 2016.

1. Hawkbeard

Hawkbeard First Mate

@Lynsey [Midoki] loved the event. Any ideas roughly when the next one will be? Hope we don't have to wait as long this time.

Or even when ph11 comes out ? ;)

Cocobean likes this.
  2. WinstonCOV

WinstonCOV First Mate

You didn't need to "finish" the event to get great rewards ... just to get the voodoo costume. The bp and chests really helped me get my LP's training again. There was something like 18K bp and some very good chests along the way to getting the dapper chest.

I was disappointed in how poorly the troops responded to being dropped inside the base walls. About 9 out of 10 tries they would get mystic mortared and annihilated - I would have fared better with a more traditional attack approach. My worst was dropping in a priestess who died before being able to activate nighty night immediately. My best was dropping annabelle inside and using "shut it down". HG's ended up swimming through shallow water and thieves were rendered pretty useless. I like the idea of storms, but I'm happy that the event is over and back to regular game play.

I did like how the scoring was based on activity and successful play. The exploration event was based more on coordinated timing to be sure you were always exploring.

Skye likes this.
  3. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Did people actually get some of the costumes from sailing or did I read that wrong?

4. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Only the last chest offered the buffed outfit.

On another note, my MVP for the event was Annabel for sure. I would find a puddle within a base and after taking down the fort I would deploy a couple jugs in the puddle followed by Annie to activate shut it down. Being lvl 14 shut it down lasts a good amount of time and my skellys would just devour the base with ease.

5. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

I've noticed that attacking with my normal go to attack crew (450,000 grog) just doesn't cut it anymore against a fully maxed base and my only hope is maybe two stars. Even easy layouts that are maxed I can't seem to pull off a three star win anymore. So I drop rank to the 300-400's and have much better luck hitting ph9's and somewhat weak ph10's. And, damn I'm getting tired of the ship/fort/gp locked bases, its all I ever see skipping like mad.

BTW, where has the grog gone?? During the event my guild called it the "prohibition days" as we all had trouble finding grog. I'm talking extremely low grog from bases like 5,000 or so. I hope this is only temporary cause my pirates are thirsty as hell.

Hawkbeard likes this.
  6. Skye

Skye Commodore

The rumpled closet had a slight chance of having a voodoo outfit as well, 12/84 assuming it chooses randomly from all available outfits. Dapper closet had a guaranteed voodoo, however if you already got one from rumpled, there was a 1/12 chance you would get a repeat in the dapper.

850arrr likes this.
  7. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

I stand corrected :D

8. Hawkbeard

Hawkbeard First Mate

Hope we have a few more themed events like the rain, i enjoyed it better than the first event as it wasn't too easy to get the end rewards plus more people were active. Never been attacked so much in a week, even if it was for droppers. Lol.

850arrr likes this.