Tortuga Nest vs Wild Piggies Fun! Oh wait....

Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by Kelani, Oct 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shonda La

Shonda La First Mate

It's not about the points. It's about the principle. At the point kel posted this last night, we threw in the towel bc as we were closing in on you, fluffy made an appearance and suddenly busted out enough points in less than a half hour to help put you 400 points ahead. Message sent: don't bother to try and beat us, bc if you get close, we'll just bust out the mini. It would've been more than 279 points if we hadn't quit.

Also, for the record, this is par for any mini matchup, but Kel's point is that WP has gone out of their way in the past to say they would never do this, so he's calling out the hypocracy. That's all.

2. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

At the time of posting, it was 279 points, and seemed likely that it was going to continue. The mini started posting lots of points only when our guild threatened to take over the lead. Nobody could have known whether it was going to continue or stop.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  3. Fil

Fil Captain

You are a seriously sore loser

Tex and lady blackbeard like this.
  4. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

@Super-Nor

After further consideration, I am not sure I actually like the nickname 'Laughing Gemmers'. Can I request it be changed to 'Effing Skull Gemmers'? :D I like the sound of that a little more and it can also apply to our sister guild Banging Skulls as well. Or are they nicknamed Banging Gemmers :eek:

John56, awbo and Fil like this.
  5. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

@Spongee
    You see, everyone knew who I was talking about. It makes me smile. We will only use the effing part in our private curses, as our in-game and auxillery chats are kept very clean.
    Best wishes you crazy gemmers! I don't mind spending a little ka-ching when we are having fun. Beats most other forms of time killers.

Kelani likes this.
  6. Peg-Leg

Peg-Leg Crew

Fair point. How about we scrap the no gem aspect and replace it with a 15-attack per member cap. In our most recent rumble I have attacked 7x and have contributed 171bp to the tally.

7. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

The first thing that came to my mind when I read "Laughing Gemmers" was the guild "laughing all the way to the bank." Banging Gemmers? Sounds like players putting on their "A" game.

8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I'd like to thank everyone who participated in discussing this issue. Most notably @Peg-Leg @Super-Nor and @Spongee from WP. Your civil responses were a credit to Wild Piggies and this forum, and that's very much appreciated. If other guilds could learn to can the juvenile attacks and discuss issues like we did, then this community could only thrive. :)

@Lynsey [Midoki] Can you please close this thread?

9. Fil

Fil Captain

This whole thread was begun with and based on a juvenile attack...ijs

Peg-Leg likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.