Upgrade to PH7

Discussion in 'Build Strategies' started by FrostyGunman, Dec 4, 2014.

1. FrostyGunman

FrostyGunman Powder Monkey

Hi guys,

Currently I'm trying to collect enough gold to upgrade my Pirate hall to level 8 (7, not 8). I have every defense upgraded to the highest level I can with my current PH level. However, as soon as I hit around 2 million gold I will be instantly attacked as soon as my shield drops, lose 400k+ gold and get the shield again. How am I supposed to get to 4 million gold like this? I understand that I could keep the game opened and keep attacking other islands, but that seems a far from practical approach.

Any tips/ideas?

Thanks in advance and thanks for the awesome game!!!

Cheers,

Frosty

EDIT: I mean PH7 of course!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  2. You are upgrading to Pirate Hall level 7, if not them learn me your ways master! ;)
    What is your current rank? Dropping rank can prevent you from getting raided.

3. FrostyGunman

Of course I meant PH7...
    Anyway, I dropped about 150 levels to around 150-160 at the moment. Should I drop even further? This week I have been raided only by almost fully upgraded players. And I don't know if it is a coincidence, but all of them were Asian (can't distinguish between the different languages...). I don't know if dropping rank helps that much as others can do this too and raid me anyway. Yesterday I was raided by a guy that every possible upgrade, all the walls etc. and he was rank 135 or something...

I'm really pretty lost at what I can do, it's not that I was getting close at the 4 million and made a mistake. I have been hovering around 1.5-2 million for 1,5 week now and no matter how much I plunder, at some point I'm going to get raided and I cannot gather enough gold fast enough.

Thanks for the help!

4. You can try to drop below 100, never been there so this is purely experimental. No idea if there is loot for you. 100-200 is crowded with people like you who are excellent targets for high level bases. Also do check out this forum for the best PH 6 designs so you can protect your booty the best way possible!

5. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

@ Frosty Gunman. There is nothing you can do. I made the same comments on this forum several weeks ago when I was in same situation. Dropping rank does not help, as there are max level players at all ranks, from zero to 1100. Buying shield does not help as you will need to raid to increase gold. I bought my way past it, as did several friends. I had 4-5 other friends that had came over with me from another game, they just quit the game because of it. People will say you can play past it without gems, I don't believe them. Just buy some gems, and gem rush your troops to raid non-stop until you have enough gold to buy the pirate hall. Sorry if my answer was of no help, or not the answer you were looking for. I should add, I did have one friend that was low rank and somehow she went for 9 days without being raided, and managed to save enough for her upgrade during that period. The Pirate Gods must've really liked her, as most of us are not so fortunate.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  6. FrostyGunman

Thanks for the responses. I was already fearing that Shark Bait's post was going to be the "answer". I have already bought some gems to buy the 4th builder and to be honest, I don't really want to spend too much money on something like this. I have no problems if the game is getting harder when you're getting to the endgame, but completely making it impossible to upgrade your buildings without paying for gems is a big disappointment. I hope this gets addressed in a coming update.

7. I must say I did it too (gemming to PH 7), but soon i'm going to try to accumulate 4.4 million grog for my ship so then I will see how hard it is (even with my PH 7 defenses)

8. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

@ Frosty, check your PM.

9. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

You could use gems to rush troops and get to 4 mil fast and cheep. Or you can use the strongholds which I guess should be saved for this very thing (i still haven't used them up).

10. FrostyGunman

Well, there are not enough strongholds to raid to give me 2 million gold now and then again later when I want to get the last upgrade for the ship. So it would only be a short term solution to a bigger problem with the game.

I was planning to raid a 1 million gold stronghold as soon as I hit the 3 million gold mark.

11. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Ahh. Yeah I don't know what a good solution for this problem would be. I didn't have this issue at any point so I won't pretend to understand. Unless they speed up recruiting, which they don't seem to be in a hurry to do.

12. SaK

SaK First Mate

I had the same problem with my ship to upgrade it to max...what i did is that

I had 2.4, I raided constantly till 3.4 k with gemming my troops( cost me 25 gems, twice in a row) then i attacked a stronghold and got the rest...

Unfortunately this is the only option...u have to use few gems... But if you use them wisely,u can do that in few gems like me!

13. lady blackbeard

lady blackbeard Captain

The game needs cash infusions to keep going so buy some gems occasionally to support the fun! Just budget them wisely.

14. Darth Yoda

Darth Yoda First Mate

I will be looking to do a boat upgrade in the next few days. The only way I will be able to hold onto 4plus million in grog will be to gem rush troops. For what is otherwise a free game, I have no problem spending a small amount in support of the developers.

Captain Harlock and Alphafox like this.
  15. FrostyGunman

Ok guys, what I did was the following: I dropped down to rank 30 which made the attacks not happen too often. When I got home from work I logged in the game and just kept it online throughout the evening. I kept plundering in the lower ranks and what do you know, there are a lot of very high ranked players with a very low pirate level. So I raided those and now my Pirate Hall is upgrading!!! Thanks for the help, but I still think that the game is broken in this aspect.

16. SaK

SaK First Mate

Congrats

17. Congrats! Here's a little trick I've done for similar situations:

Focus on one resource at a time, and only attack for that resource (you should pretty easily find 400+ per battle). Then, set up your defenses to make it attractive for weaker/less skilled players to attack you and give you a shield (pirate hall on border, with undesired resource storages right behind it, all undefended, while max protecting your desired resource).

Also, think about your attack and defensive setup. My defenses are mostly at hall 6 levels still(except for all-important groundpounder, and extra bunker/tower), so you should have plenty of firepower. Things may have changed, but the only time I was getting overrun at hall 6 was when I was over 600, and only got 3-starred by players in the high 700s. And as for offense, don't be afraid to hit anyone - I still don't have BP for academy 6, and haven't bothered with last tavern upgrade and can still get most resources from almost all bases.

Give the lower players a "free" 200k grog in exchange for a shield and watch those pounds melt away!

18. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

We have faith the Devs are working on improving the situation. Just takes time and possibly a greater number of players. Congrats on getting the PH upgrade.

19. HoyaSaxa

HoyaSaxa Powder Monkey

Fakebeard has it right. I'll add to it that I've never spent a dime on the game nor a gem to rush troops (saving up for the next builder if that ever comes) and have gotten to PH7 and just got my 15k bp for the last academy upgrade. It's an absolute pain without gemming, but it's definitely possible if you know how to farm efficiently and can devote solid hour long blocks of time to doing so.