Upgrade to PH7

Discussion in 'Build Strategies' started by FrostyGunman, Dec 4, 2014.

1. SaK

SaK First Mate

That's the thing
    Money vs.time

Chose what u want!

2. HoyaSaxa

HoyaSaxa Powder Monkey

Yes, just pointing out that the game mechanics are in no way broken

SaK likes this.
  3. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Finally watched the video. That has to be the worst possible use of gems - I spent $9.99 to get to 4 builders early in the game and was beyond this point in a week. In general, rushing builds is very inefficient (I'd argue that this should be adjusted to be a lot more reasonable to encourage more gem spending & buying), but as others have pointed out using them to rapid-plunder isn't a bad deal. The only times I'm even tempted to rush a build are times like now when I'm maxed out on resources and throwing the extra overboard while waiting for storage upgrades to complete.

4. Stranded Pirate

Stranded Pirate Powder Monkey

Arrrrrrr...Frosty, I feel your pain!! Exactly the same problem. I had a feeling I wouldn't be the only one.
    My little island gets slaughtered as soon as I'm just over $2 million. I've been trying to save for PH7 for quite awhile. Very disheartening. Sad pirate.

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

The way around that is this:

Stick all your storage inside walls. Overlap your defenses, move collectors within range of those defenses. Basically, protect anything with money in it.
    Stick your PH6 outside your walls, maybe even remove the walls behind it, so the best way to your storage is right through the PH.
    Optional: Repeatedly Fight and instantly Surrender to a stronghold to get your rank at or below 250.

Do that, and you will still get raided, but (usually) just once. If they have to go through your PH, that'll get you a nice shield to protect you the rest of the night.

6. Stranded Pirate

That is great advice, Kelani! Thank you. I will give that a try!!

Kelani likes this.
  7. Christy

Christy Commodore

When I am a high rank I get attacked within 5 minutes of logging out. When I am farming and storages are full I drop down to at least 100 and no one comes near me!!!

8. Cocobean

Cocobean First Mate

Try to get yourself down around 150. That's how I got my $ for PH7. Took only just over 24 hours. I got hit in the evening but kept my shield. I also hit one of the pirate strongholds while under shield. It's definitely frustrating. One step forward two steps back.

9. Stranded Pirate

Yes, that's what I did, Cocobean! Thank you. By fluke I uncovered a very bountiful stronghold and was able to get most of the rest of what I needed for PH7, which is now upgrading as we speak! :)

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  10. Good to see the lady pirates on forum , all 3 in a row....him I better buy a shield before you all raid me ;). And yes good advice on ph7 from you 3, smart way to do it.

11. Cpt. Sharkhook

Cpt. Sharkhook Powder Monkey

My advice is to quit complaining and either.

A: buy gems and upgrade that way
    B: Get revenge on the attackers
    C: Wait it out, it will happen eventually if you want it.
    Or all of the above.

12. Stranded Pirate

Awwwww...I wasn't complaining, gruffy pirate. Just seeing what other people have experienced and sharing mine. I rather like the advice our fellow pirates have already (quite friendly) offered, but thanks anyway. Happy trails! And I'm glad you edited your first response, it was mean and had spelling mistakes.

13. Cpt. Sharkhook

Sorry, this grog has too Much saltwater in it.

14. Stranded Pirate

Come over to my island...I've got the good stuff! ;)

Captain Harlock likes this.
  15. Cpt. Sharkhook

I raided an island with a tainted grog supply. (Actually sounds like it could be an interesting addition to the game. Tainted grog. Hmmmmm)

Cocobean and Captain Harlock like this.
  16. Stranded Pirate

Heh..that would add a whole new dimension!

17. Yeah saltwater is a real killer. Don't you think? @Pirate Fear

18. Cpt. Sharkhook

Yeah well my granddaddy captain sharphook was a killer. And he only drank salt water...

Christy likes this.
  19. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

In fact, salt water contains water-which keeps us alive!

Therefore, salt water is good for you!

20. Christy

Christy Commodore

Can't drink plain saltwater and stay alive. Has to be freshwater.