What Guild Features do you want most of all?

Discussion in 'Guild Improvements' started by Gangrene Beard, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Bear

Bear Commodore

Of Just sharing forum links. I definitely feel like there should be an easily accessible button in game that links to the forums.

Kelani likes this.
  2. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Even just Midoki Forum links would be great. It's be cool if the forum had a short URL permalink we could type in, and that would be hyperlinked. But so many of us have our own forums, too. I send new members 3 links from our forum, it'd be nice if they could just tap those, too.

If implemented, it definitely needs to have a Links Allowed/Blocked toggle for Captain/1st Mate, just to be on the safe side. probably should also only allow links from crew and above to become hyperlinked, just to prevent cabin boy spam.

Bear likes this.
  3. Bear

Bear Commodore

Agreed

4. One-Eyed Willy

One-Eyed Willy First Mate

This idea would compliment "Guild Donation"

Instead of donating to a specific member, players could donate to the Guild Hall. Resource within the Guild Hall would still be subject to plundering but at a reduced percentage. Then, the captain of the guild could set a limit on how much a cabin boy, crew member, first mate could withdraw each week. This could help aid in guild cooperation and a fun activity in gaining Guild Wealth. Perhaps even unique upgrade/buildings could be purchased with Guild Wealth. It would also change the strategy in the game as players would then seek to protect their guild halls from attacks as well.

The reason I suggested that the Guild Wealth to be susceptible to being plundered is that players could just deposit all their resource within and then keep it safe from attackers. To counter this, perhaps there could be a donation limit of 100k gold/grog per day from each member.

Moscow Cat likes this.
  5. Burnz

Burnz Captain

There are some great ideas here, but there is a feature that is already implemented and needs to be fixed and expanded to 100. And that is Chat.

Moscow Cat and Kelani like this.
  6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I'm starting to wonder if 100 will be enough. :( 150 may be even better. :)

But not 200. That's just be waaay too much.

7. Moscow Cat

Moscow Cat Crew

I would like to also say the chat really needs to be better. I am constantly in fear of accidentally ignoring someone and hurting their feelings. also, having a million messages that say the same thing because I couldn't see my own comments is so embarrassing. (sorry if this is discussed at length elsewhere. I could not find it.) also, I like the idea of something that cuts down on training time as a guild perk. I think I saw somewhere that somebody had the idea for some kind of recruitment office that would cut down on training. and it should be funded by exploration points :)

8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Apologies if you already know this trick, but if you send a chat message, and it doesn't appear, just double tap your home button and go to another app or your home screen, then return to the game. If your chat message posted, it will now appear for you. If it doesn't appear after doing this, it didn't send.

It's annoying, but the only way I know of to confirm whether a message posted or not. Since most times the message posts, and only the sender can't see it, I'll just leave it alone, and assume everyone can see it but me. :)

Moscow Cat likes this.
  9. Moscow Cat

Moscow Cat Crew

thank you! yes, one of my guild members taught me that. but if I am in the middle of a raiding frenzy I am loath to leave my little island unattended :). and that is a good suggestion to just assume everybody can see it. I have to let go of reposting. of course it also seems somehow that quite a few words I use are banned. it is confusing. sigh.

10. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Actually, I think you'd be 100% safe doing this. It only takes a few seconds, and I believe you have to be offline for at least several minutes before you can be matched for a raid. I've done this for months, and never been raided while switching back and forth :)

Chat does ban a few unusual words. I have a thread about that here: http://forum.plunderpirates.com/index.php?threads/chat-profanity-filter-needs-work.1107/

As the thread goes on, people mentioned words they'd noticed were banned. :)

Moscow Cat likes this.
  11. Moscow Cat

Moscow Cat Crew

ok, I am much more encouraged now. thank you!

I must admit that one banned post was completely my fault. I study the philosophy of biology, and was trying to recommend one of the texts I use. it is called "'The big Something' and Death". I could not figure out why my post wasn't going through. I must have typed it a hundred times, and it was long. so then I came here because I was becoming quite distraught, only to discover that of course that word, that begins with s, was banned. I laughed so much! I suppose because in my studies it is used so much I forget its importance outside of the context of reproduction. (I hope this story isn't inappropriate. please let me know if you think I should delete it.)

your word post was great by the way. thank you for that! I will pay attention and try to add to it.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  12. scurvy pete

scurvy pete Powder Monkey

1) Allow guilds to be linked up in Guild Chat, due to 50 pirate limitations, our guild has 5 guilds! Allow Captains to accept Guild Communications to be linked.

2) If this is resolving soon, sorry! Fix the guild chat, sometimes it doesn't show messages from other guild mates, and sometimes does not show your message you sent until you log back in.

3) Allow us to login to Guild Chat through PlunderPirates.com website, so we can chat with our guildies during the day.

13. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

#2 will happen.
    #3 I'd like to see happen
    #1 I wouldn't hold my breath.

alebvk and Redstar like this.
  14. Redstar

Redstar Powder Monkey

It definitely would be nice if the guild chats could be linked up by chat. The 50 pirate limitations should only apply to the dynamics of the game and not the communications. If the funding share item is an issue, I'm sure some of the chat can be filtered to only go to the guild it applies to.

15. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I'd definitely like to see a multi-guild chat if they implement some kind of guild alliance or even just a "friendly guilds" system. There are definitely some technical details to be worked out, like the funding (good catch there), but it's definitely do-able. My comment was more geared towards the multi-guild chat system being optimized to encourage the formation of more multi-guilds like Pirates United. I just don't think that will happen. I've no idea what the devs feel about the multi-guild concept itself, but I think it's safe to say they'd wait to see if it ends up being a good or bad thing for the game, before adding features to support it. So, who knows? :)

However, if they do add a friendly/allied multi-guild chat, that could largely accomplish the same thing. Those guilds would just have to friend or ally with each other, and work within that framework.

16. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Don't worry, your post isn't inappropriate :) There are so many people here from different countries/cultures, and for many of them, those words are perfectly acceptable. It's just silly that I can say "Hey, F*** you, you ***hole" in chat, and it will go through unchanged, yet when a guild member says "I'm from Essex", it is blocked. :) Awhile back, I gave Midoki a blocklist I wrote that should solve all those problems. It blocks only those offensive terms which aren't a part of other words. other words, like sex and ass are commonly used in mundane words, so they pretty much have to be allowed. Hopefully they'll add it at some point.

Moscow Cat likes this.
  17. Moscow Cat

Moscow Cat Crew

thank you for taking the time to do that! it was very impressive! I am so impressed at how you and others, my own captain included, work so hard to help improve the game.

Tikigirl and Bear like this.
  18. KayJay

KayJay Powder Monkey

Not sure if this is the right place to post an idea for a guild enhancement but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere so far, what about adding the ability to invite a player to your guild? I got attacked by a player who had a pretty impressive island but was not in a guild. I would have like to send him/her an invite request to join our guild.

Moscow Cat and Gangrene Beard like this.
  19. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I'll add it to the list today

Moscow Cat likes this.
  20. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

@Lynsey [Midoki] - now that there are clickable links on the news tab, can we get a ruling for clickable links in chat/guild description/message of the day?

Kelani likes this.