What is your Experience with the Loot Scaling?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daddy P, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

From Release Notes: "Available loot is scaled when fighting a player with a lower level pirate hall"

http://forum.plunderpirates.com/index.php?threads/release-1-3-3.1777/

Before I knew about this, I noticed I was nexting more but still hit good around 150 rank. Wondering if I will need to rank up? By "good" I usually hit around 300-400k each in a battle, and I'm PH7.

2. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Yep, the issue for me, and many PH7 players, is that our recruitment is very expensive. Thus the vast majority of the matches now actually lose money if attacked. They have fixed the whiners crying out that they are attacked too much. And now the best way to farm other bases is to constantly hit them for 30-40% with no shield. Or to throw everything at a better defended base, where you will spend all day breaking even if you are not successful. Either way, it's not so easy plundering now as a PH7.

It's a friendly plunder now. Pirates have been trained to not rape and pillage lower levels.

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  3. No shield for them see how fast they whine again. No parley Ieave them open for the sharks. Heck I hit same base2 Times in a few hours. Bet they won't like loot handicap now. Pass it on no shields for them .

Clash pirate, swiftpirate and Christy like this.
  4. Midleton

Midleton Crew

I only had a few days of battling before the change. Pretty noticeable difference. The gold doesn't challenge me as much as the grog. Even with lower returns, total gold keeps going up as I battle over and over. Bug grog sure is harder to come by since the change. Was a challenge yesterday to get enough grog to start my next training.

5. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

My troop set will take out most PH6s and many PH7s and only costs 90k. So hitting 300-500k bases still pays off for me.

19 lvl 19 Gunners
    6 lvl 17 brutes
    15 lvl 14 bombers
    1 lvl 8 WD

6. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

All recruitment is in grog. It costs around 200K for an average PH7 to recruit. That means if you hit the vast majority of bases you lose grog. Now it's become more a game of hitting bases constantly for less returns.

7. Midleton

Midleton Crew

Makes me want the Frankenbrute back (^-^)

8. They be getting hit more then ever now lol.

Clash pirate and swiftpirate like this.
  9. Midleton

Midleton Crew

Woah, level 17 bombers already. Cool. How do you like it?

Pirate! likes this.
  10. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

I'm leveled up a bit higher than you. Those brutes probably don't last long, neither do the bombers. I dare say you don't have great success tackling a well defended PH7 base.
    That said there is a sweet spot in recruitment and mixture that works well for a lot of bases. But once you construct a force to take on higher level PH7 bases, you are basically screwed.
    A single WD costs me 75K now. Gunners are 1100, and bombers are 3K. Brutes would cost me 1400, but I use Juggs more now, and those bad boys are 6K a pop.

11. Pirate Bee

Pirate Bee First Mate

5500 bombers 12k juggs and 100k wd makes me not bothering building troops to hit the well built ph7 bases.

12. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

It all depends on the layout, obviously. I've had plenty of success against PH7s even with upgraded defenses but the layout is huge. I just pass by the ones that really know what they are doing. And, I stay under 200 rank usually, so I get far more PH6s than PH7s, which is why I'm wondering about people's experience with new loot cap. I'm still hitting the 300-500k range, so it hasn't killed me yet. But I hear ya about the maxed troop costs. Makes me wonder if I should rush the Academy 6 upgrade.

13. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Been pushing since update came out and I'm managing a grog profit (albeit a tiny one) so opening up the pool has hlped a bit. Still in desperate need of a win bonus.
    I'm at 150k for:
    5 brutes lv 19
    5 juggs lvl 9
    5 bombs lvl 14
    1 WD lvl 10 (so glad i skipped both hp upgrades)
    23 gunns lvl 20
    I have been super carefull with my Acd not upgrading past certain points until I've determined whether or not I need to. I am now at a point where I can take down most anything but it certainly is lame that I cant keep upgrading because the cost outweighs their usefullness. Shouldn't be that way and it should have been addressed long before a loot nerf we didn't need.

14. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Upgrading to the Kabooooom!!! skill now. I love them. At fist I only used like 5 for clean up. Now I send 15 behind brutes and they do heavy damage, then clean up with gunners and WD. Wipes out most bases I attack with a minute to spare.

Midleton likes this.
  15. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Kaboom sucks. I skipped calamari king and stopped after kaboom. Wish I stopped one upgrade before. They do their job perfectly without kaboom. My advice would be to stop there.

16. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

+1 on Kaboom really sucking.

17. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Hmmm, interesting. What does Kaboom even do? I was trying to get to the 6 phase upgrades, which add 15 damage and 10 toughness. Is that not needed because of the increased recruiting cost?

18. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

I havent done one upgrade past kaboom and they work just fine. Cost benefit says stop there imo.
    Oh, and kaboom just seems to stun my troops and do a tiny bit of dmg. Really lame

19. Midleton

Midleton Crew

I've skipped bomber upgrade altogether, but maybe will have to change that. if it helps bring down ph and ship faster, that'd be helpful. thanks for the info.

20. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Well, at the higher lvls you need bombers for walls. Most max or near max bases are designed to get your juggs to path around the base. If you dont use bombers to break a side wall they will head under the GP far too often.

Midleton likes this.