Where's the BP gone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dutchie, May 31, 2017.

1. Dutchie

Dutchie First Mate

It's a shame you removed the BP from the event this time round... I don't care for EP as I'm drowning in it, but one needs a lot of BP for the latter stages of LP training and I'm running dry. I hope this isn't a permanent change and that you will reintroduce BP as prizes in the next event.

Havoc Incarnate likes this.
  2. On the last henry boggs they removed the gems as a reward - so it looks like they are reducing the rewards in the events-
    Makes the events less atractive to participate in.

3. Dutchie

Dutchie First Mate

The guild events still has gems and it was much more than the 500 gems in the Henry Bogg's event... like you say, I hope this is not a trend.

4. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

I simply think @Midoki is just mixing it up a bit, trying to keep the events from being the exact same every time and changing the rewards is one way to do that. I figure so many people complained about not being able to find materials to train LPs, so Midoki gave us an event full of chests i.e. a bunch of materials to train LPs. I bet if enough people complain about the lack of BP, they will add a bunch to a future event. I'm personally a chest hoarder so I love it

5. Dutchie

Dutchie First Mate

LOL

I think you are probably right and they will mix it up... I am sure they have lots stats and they can determine what the gaming world is lacking and what players need so they can tweak the rewards... or is that just wishful thinking!

6. Cocobean

Cocobean First Mate

If I get my last 7 rubies for Ching's final training I"ll be thrilled!

7. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

BP has been there in chests for me so far. The reduced points required to complete the event means I might actually go for it instead of ignore the ending as I was expecting to do when I first saw the notification there was going to be a Thunderstruck event.

The bad news on this event was no notice. I think we got one hour on the countdown timer.

850arrr likes this.
  8. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

As Oak Island has said, we regularly change the rewards according to player participation and feedback. The Bandit, Freebooter, Corsair and Marauder chests all have a chance to contain BP, EP, gold, grog, gems and material, so everyone stands a chance of getting something useful in each chest.

Havoc Incarnate and 850arrr like this.
  9. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

The chests in this event are also very useful. I get lots of stuffs that i really need for my legendary pirates. But it needs a long time to get 5000 to 10000 bps for an upgrade. And the academy needs much more :eek:.

10. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Ya you are...but I'm slowing catching up :D

11. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Wish I could agree about pushing for chests, but many end in dissipointment. :cool:

Actually seeing what can be attained in the events such as Gems or BP's is really my only motivation.

Not sure this cut back approach is going to work in Modiki's favor, but who knows. I myself don't see this yielding positive results amongst most. Just saying... :(

TiGeR

12. Dutchie

Dutchie First Mate

The roulette wheel of prizes... but in the end, it all averages out. I've been lucky to get 600 gems in one and although many chests contain just gold/grog or useless EP, I just put it down to the luck of the draw.

13. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

I'm really not sure about the averaging out part. As a matter of fact, I can't even recall being rewarded Gems inside a collected crate, i.e., chest, but I won't dispute the possibility.

All I'm saying is that when players see either BP's and/or precious Gem's being rewarded the motivation of reaching those goals is much more encouraging.

In the end we need this, especially If guild related events are going to work. Once a player works hard for chests that are less rewarding he/she often becomes discouraged from pushing forward in the future.

Even I will admit at spending more gems when the rewards are clearly defined as I'm sure others do,as well.

Simply put, that approach might not be generating enough sustainable revenue for Midoki and thus is the reason we are seeing reductions, etc.:(

TiGeR

14. Like TiGeR Claw, i push harder when i see a significant number of gems or battle points after reaching a given number of tokens in an event.
    I am not playing as hard this event as i have in the past as my exerience with chest is lots of EXP points , some battlepoints and some hard to get materials (voodoo masks), very few gems but mostly grog and gold.

I have had one chest in two years of playing that has had more than 100 gems in a chest, and that was the first chest that we got when the weekly rewards started. yes i will get some battle points from the chest but not the 10K plus that were previously garanteed if a certain level was reached.

It is a business decission to limit the number of gems avaiable which is why i did not start a thread on it after the last individual Henry Boggs event. But battle points those are not purchased and many people will buy and spend gems when they see several days worth of battlepoints avaiable as a reward.

I know my guild (Black Kraken) is not playing as hard on this event as some have in the past just by the few number of pirate requests members are making which is down significantly from past attack events or even last weekends rumble.

SL

Tiger Claw likes this.
  15. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

I think my confusion is why we cannot get plenty of battle points, for err... battling?

We get way too many exploration points for exploring then are rewarded even more in chests and other map rewards.

16. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

You would think 20-30k+ attacks would give sufficient bp to upgrade legends to max. That is not the case between my two accounts. If I'm lucky enough to get the required materials to finish off my last couple levels I will be short on bp to progress any further. That is a lot of time and money spent to be short anything in the game. I don't need ep EVER lol. I will not be streaking endlessly for 30k+ bp for the last couple levels. It's a severe shortage in the game! From all ph levels I hear the same thing, "I don't have enough bp for this or that". If your doing 10-20 attacks per day, that is more than the average player I would say and why would they be short. Crazy!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  17. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

Tim,

I have my two islands that need BP badly still. Both islands have explored constantly and COMPLETED at least 75% of the events - probably 90%. Of course the ones not completed got darn close too.

Both islands have explored both maps and continue to sail constantly for materials and BP. I have received a lot of BP from gem purchases for the two islands also - a whole lot of gem purchases. Both islands have well over 1M EP all the time, even with funding the EP perks quite often to the max.

I honestly cannot think of a single day I have not played the game with some days being extreme for one or both islands. I have a lot of time invested.

Malware: needs 292k BP - has 8,858 Victories of 18,826 attacks. This island is 848 days old.
    Super-Nor: needs 177k BP - has 11,593 victories of 23,710 attacks. This island is 990 days old.

So yes, there is a BP imbalance here, big time.

And when I look at those total attacks I have made, over 40,000 and think... "Hey, why the heck do I have to zoom out every single time I see an island to view it instead of having the game remember my preferred zoom level?" (but that is a different thread) :) (my guess is more like 60,000 to 100,000 times I have had to pinch and move the screen since I do not always battle the first island that pops up). Argh.

Intimidator likes this.
  18. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Intimidator needs 394k BP- fought 18,131 battles for 10,071 victories and is 897 days old.
    Victims needs only :eek: 629k BP- fought 12,231 battles for 6,922 victories and is 674 days old.

I have finished almost every event. Only thing I can say is I missed sending out my ships because I'm too lazy to break shield to clear my tavern and resend. If only we had 2 taverns lol. I don't streak much, only to 5-10. If I'm feeling froggy maybe 15-20 but that's rare!

I know a lot of us long term players would like to see guild wars, new features and all but I would still like to see some old great features be given a face lift. IF streaking were fixed, I wouldn't be in my bp situation most likely. Everyone should have access to their guild and be able to use this feature of the game. Chat, donations, and requesting troops should be accessible at this point don't you think? Also a streak should be a win streak not a win some lose some type of thing! Pretty please Midoki ;)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    Cocobean and Super-Nor like this.
  19. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

For the first time I could finish the event, because I need only 30000 tokens.

For me the last reward was a UGE disapointment. Many others got really new outfits, with boost, they didn't have before. And if they had it already, they got 1000 gems compensation. I got also something for Sadies boosted outfit, the one which works with the heavy gunners. 100 gems :(:(:(
    I keep smiling, the game goes on. Maby I get lucky some day.

By the way. Why I read in the picture repeat- Wiederholen when I get some outfit which I have already? Where, how, what repeat?? There is no function for repeat something.
    How about a wheel of fortune what we could spin? To get some outfit, which we maby not have yet. :);)

20. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

So I'm posting here again. Not like many people look here, but here goes anyway.

Recently a member of our guild posted his results from a streak to 30 attacks, 3 times in a row. Out of 90 attacks streaking, how many BP do you think he got from chest, attack, etc? ...4,000. :(
    So let me break this down. 4K divided by 90 comes to 44.44 bp per attack right?
    So as I posted above previously, I'm short roughly 400k bp to max the rest of my Legends on my number one account, nevermind my secondary because I'm an idiot lol.
    400k divided by 44.44 bp per attack comes to roughly 9,000 attacks more I need to do just to have enough BP to max my Legends. Nevermind the attacks I need to do to farm the grog when I get the needed BP.

I realize LPs were more of an end game type of thing, but how end game are we talking here? And how long do you expect us long time loyal players to ride this little train? I mean, if streaking were fixed, I'd have no problem doing another mere 9k attacks, but to suffer and have to do them in silence and without the support of friends and interaction with the guild is really asking alot Midoki. Can you please fix streaks, so we can continue with the game? All we need is to be able to chat and fund perks. Giving or asking for troops would be nice, but that could be too much to ask:(

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    Mr. Hammerhead, Cocobean and 850arrr like this.