Who thinks Modoki should hit the UNDO BUTTON on the update?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Morgan Ford, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Morgan Ford

Morgan Ford First Mate

Who thinks Modoki should hit the UNDO BUTTON on the update?

Please bump this thread if you agree.

2. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

ME!!! The INSANE perk funding increase NEEDS to be UNDONE!!!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    Taipanfan, Aalyxei and ScoopyWP like this.
  3. captaintau

captaintau Crew

I don't usually agree with the criticism flung Midoki's way. I don't dispute that they're working hard and having to keep up with emerging technologies, e.g. iOS 11 / iPhone X + whatever else non-iPhone users use. They're also having to look at different levels of play and trying to appease everyone.

But in this case I agree. Absolutely nothing in this update is beneficial. I think most of us will think "meh" to the outfits and chests. The whole BP thing is awful.

Efforts do indeed need ploughing into the game in other ways. I only raid now to empty my ship when it comes back to port. Oh and rumbles. I'm enjoying sailing the northern sea but like many members I'm 100% upgraded on everything.

Yes, "undo" this update. Appease us with a minor update such as Christmas theme. And then carry on the (otherwise) good work.

4. i agree - even better yet if the servers have a back up of what everything looked like when this was depolyed give everyone back what they had prior to this update

Yes i will lose some ranking - and some of the outfits- and other things uncovered but i would rather the game the way it was 12 hrs or less ago.

This does nothing for me as a long time player- in fact it has made me wonder if it is even worth finishing exploring the Northern seas - costs mean i can either upgrade or help the guild fund perks not both- so what is the point in playing

5. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

in numbers... in a rumble 15-20 attacks gives me 1800-2400 BP... when i put 25% as usual in perk funding... it will cost me 3750 BP! we need a quick funding!! We are a small, but very active guild- MoonShiners, international, not all are at the same time online for funding each and every perk!!! My daily playtime is already limited to 3-4 hours on workdays, 5 a week... 5 rumbles a week... i using already gems to speed up my troops to get the points home, but still... i don't benefit at all from getting more BP for an done 3 star Attack! I have NOTHING left someday to train my LP's and also nothing to fund a perk!

6. ScoopyWP

ScoopyWP Crew

Undo. If you are going to take months to produce an update, make it worthwhile.

Super-Nor, Taipanfan and WOLLIMAUS like this.
  7. bucket

bucket First Mate

The changes in perk funds requirements are a complete joke. 1,000 ep per click to fund the pc, 750 bp per click to fund the blacksmith, 600 ep per click to fund the tg, 700,000 grog per click to fund the stonemason, and 500,000 gold per click to fund the observatory. Are these numbers a mistake or the new norm? If it is the new norm be prepared for a mass exodus of players.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  8. Broadside

Broadside Crew

Yep, undo.

Taipanfan likes this.
  9. hugatoelgato

hugatoelgato Powder Monkey

Thanks for nothing midoki. Latest update doesn't do anything to keep the game interesting in anyway shape or form. To top it all off the perk contribution increase wasn't the smartest of your moves

Taipanfan likes this.
  10. Purple Rose

Purple Rose First Mate

I saw the increase in bp/attack first - thought it was great......til I funded bs and out of habit thought I was donating ep!! Bye bye all the bp I had! Not impressed. Have not yet had a chance to see what else they messed up and not all that anxious to find out. As for outfits - yes, my response is alway "meh" about them. I'm very disappointed in the continual show of greed that Midoki puts on now and oh boy! can';t wait to see how they piss everyone off in next event now. Maybe gotta get 3 mil tokens for 50 bp.
    If anything Midoki has been good at lately is getting rid of players...Bravo!!!

Taipanfan and bucket like this.
  11. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

12. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

The perks were ALREADY too high, which was why as a maxed out player, I never fully upgraded the Stonemason- so I could actually contribute meaningfully when it came up! Like @WOLLIMAUS we are a small/moderate sized guild where perks can be an issue at certain times.

Taipanfan, bucket and 850arrr like this.
  13. Pukaotyernose

Pukaotyernose Powder Monkey

I can’t login to the new update. I try to open the app, it tells me I have a new update, which takes me to the App Store, which says that I’ve already updated! I have to be able to login before I can complain about perks.

14. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

I agree with every post on this thread. It’s like Midoki are trying to ruin the good things about the game to bring everything down to the same level.
    MIDOKI, FIX WHAT IS BROKEN. LEAVE WHAT IS NOT ALONE. LISTEN TO US.

15. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

Last line funny. Should use Bugs section for reporting this. If you have a second device, see if you can update then report bug in game through the second device.

850arrr likes this.
  16. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

It’s a good day not to be playing. Glad to know Midoki didn’t let me down on this one. Lol. I won’t bother to reinstall to say the least.

WOLLIMAUS, 850arrr, Super-Nor and 2 others like this.
  17. P-Douggie

P-Douggie Powder Monkey

Oh midoki, what have you done with those perk costs? Frustration will drive people away, the sooner you undo this the better. I will be completely out of ep and bp by the end of the week at these rates. Well, what will likely happen is my guild decides its not worth it and then with the slow recruiting times, due to unfunded pirate catcher, we will all drift away from the game. Quick undo, please!

WOLLIMAUS, 850arrr and bucket like this.
  18. MesaJim

MesaJim Powder Monkey

I have to agree with everyone, this is probably the straw that breaks this camel's back. I do not see how any of this helps anyone!? Long time players have been looking for something to keep them interested, this will just send them packing!

bucket likes this.
  19. bucket

bucket First Mate

Totally agree. Changing of the perk fund amounts and type was not just barely missing the baseball. It was more like taking a swing before the pitcher throws the ball and falling flat on your bottom.

850arrr, WOLLIMAUS and Taipanfan like this.
  20. Morgan Ford

Morgan Ford First Mate

Why did they not rebalance things that actually needed fixing like the rearm costs or the PR system?

WOLLIMAUS and 850arrr like this.