Who thinks Modoki should hit the UNDO BUTTON on the update?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Morgan Ford, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

Probably because it would have been too sensible. It may even have encouraged long time players and attracted new players. But who would want that to happen.

2. MesaJim

MesaJim Powder Monkey

Maybe they are trying to kill it!? This will certainly go a long way towards that!

3. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

As a consolation prize for messing up the long awaited update, Midoki should give 1m EP , 1b gold and 100 useless new chest you cannot open. Yeah...that sounds about right. So sorry for you guys that had high hopes. :(

WOLLIMAUS likes this.
  4. Someone needs a kick in the pants at Midoki.

Taipanfan likes this.
  5. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

I’m not really surprised, although I’m also not happy with having to pay 1k EP for 5% of PC.

Cocobean, 850arrr and bucket like this.
  6. Morgan Ford

Morgan Ford First Mate

Midoki apparently does not like the thread "What is everybody playing?". Be sure to look for it under the "Off Topic" section and share what other games you are playing.

7. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Not at all, but it's discussing other games and not Plunder Pirates, so is off-topic and not Plunder Pirates general discussion. Please note that Wollimaus' 'Game got boring, players are leaving' thread has been moved from Off Topic to here in General Discussion, as it is discussing Plunder Pirates. ;)

8. Morgan Ford

Morgan Ford First Mate

I will have to respectfully disagree. After the most recent update both threads are far more "On Topic" than ever before and both should remain in General Discussion for the highest visibility.

But then again, over the course of this year, it has been made abundantly that our ideas, suggestions and constructive criticisms make zero difference no matter what threads they are in or where the threads are parked.

9. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

As I believe I mentioned in another thread. They actually have listened to us on several occasions and you are definitely overreacting. I'm glad some have come to the realisation I have, that the only problem with the update is the rediculous perk prices. Also sorry but as far as it goes for basic forum rules. Talking about other games has nothing to do with Plunder Pirates and should be in the off topic section

10. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Oops. Sorry to say, I've already spent 10k in gems buying those new useless chests. :eek:

Super-Nor and Blueberry like this.
  11. Blueberry

Blueberry Captain

:p

12. Purple Rose

Purple Rose First Mate

well I'm still flustered at the changes. As others have said....fix what was broken, not what was ok. Perks are a sure fire way to get ppl to quit. Upgrades now need ep as well? Boast that you increased bp n ep rewards...what good is that when you charged a gazillion times more for stuff that was fine the way it was! I'd hate to be a newbie at this game now. Can't even get gems to help get builders with quests anymore. I feel bad for them....but I think any newbies wouldn't stay long at a game they would find impossible to play/advance.
    What flabberghasts me even more is that through this whole thread, the only Midoki response we have seen is about what thread should go where! Seriously???!!!

bucket and 850arrr like this.
  13. Pauli Kuusikko

Pauli Kuusikko Powder Monkey

Back where it were. No bp here and there upgrading buildings and ffs... How do you THINK small, inactive guild due developers "we can't think of anything new, let us put the same monsters on a new map again and again, oh just change names and colors and it will be fine..." can keep perks running and keeping their players playing The game?

I have been trying to get AC lvl 9 for The whole year! Because no bp, it went to obs.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  14. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

I lost a few hundred gems I was saving for a rainy day from quests. Not happy about that. The amount of grog needed for perk funding is insane for max players. Just can't find anything good about this update.
    Been over a year since we got a PH and big defense upgrade....game has jumped the shark sadly.

850arrr likes this.
  15. Morgan Ford

Morgan Ford First Mate

I will have respectfully have disagree with as well. Patiently we have waited and waited some more. They have listened little. What have we received for our patience and continued support? A boat with a different skin? A silo system that is still broken? An Arial defense and pirate that has made little if no difference to the game? A recycled map? A rework of the same events and some chests in shiny new wrappers? Many, many invitations to keep spending hard currency on gems?

If I am overreacting it is for good reason. It is because myself, along with many many others, have grown exceedingly frustrated to what has and is continuing to happen to Plunder Pirates. This was once arguably one of the best mobile games in the last few years. It had a bright future. But now, not so much anymore.

Super-Nor likes this.
  16. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

This, right there. Even before the update the stonemason was pricey and now after the update W T F :mad:

I hear Midoki saying they increased BP/EP from battles but I ain't seeing any increase production from my grog distilleries.

Cocobean likes this.
  17. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

@Pauli Kuusikko I know this suggestion is not a fix, and such things as I am about to suggest shouldn't have to be an option... If you are an active player, there are a few big guilds that would welcome a growing active player into their ranks and encourage you to not fund perks but instead use your resources for upgrading. They tend to leave perk funding to max players that have plenty of resources. Remember, most of us are in the habit of immediately funding max amount allowed as soon as perk needs funding. While I am agreement with most on here about being confused on the rational behind perk funding cost increases, players might need to rethink their mindset about how perks get funded and make more of an effort as a team to get the perks funded by a greater number of players, and not just 2 or 4 which has usually been the case. I almost believe original intent of perk funding was to get greater guild participation in doing so.

18. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

I love the aeros :) Is it just me? o_O

PTO Plunderer likes this.
  19. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

I loved them in the beginning. But now I haven't used them since many days/weeks. To long recruiting time, that increases the cooking costs and time to much for me. With a maxed pc my rumble troops needs already 48min, not all pirates even maxed :confused:

Morgan Ford likes this.
  20. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

BUT it doesn't any good if perks can't be funded for many hours... you get maybe one working again, the next stops and so on. And again not enough players online to fund it fast within minutes We are used to. That is not fair! We just can't pay for them anymore!

Morgan Ford likes this.