Who thinks Modoki should hit the UNDO BUTTON on the update?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Morgan Ford, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

Would you rather no map then? Cuz I'm pretty sure many ppl were asking for a new map. I'm not saying the update isn't lacklustre, nor am I saying that the new perk prices are at all acceptable. But saying they just recycled the same old shit when it comes to a map sounds like u would simply rather see no map at all, which is just stupid thinking imo

2. BBBD3000

BBBD3000 Powder Monkey

Not happy with any of the changes to perks.

The logic of "we increased the cost, but we also increased how much you can farm" does not follow. Balancing would involve increasing or decreasing one variable, not making the same change to both.

3. This whole update seems to be bad. Most people seem to be focused on the perk funding which is dreadful. But other changes are also bad. Daily bonuses for logging in have been dropped. Rewards from sailing seem to be dropped. No more battered/Davy Jones chests - everything is a lucky chest. The lucky chests seem very rare, and the rewards from them do not feel very lucky.. just some gold and grog.

Also the streak chests have been replaced. Ran a simple five win streak and all I can get is a golden booty chest, which always gives only gold! I am not wasting my time and gems to run a streak to pick up gold. I lost all desire to run a further streak.

The devs have been making changes in the right direction: new map, new troop, events. But this change has nothing fun in it. No new strategies for winning a battle, not new defense layouts, no new rewards. Not sure what the devs we’re aiming for here.

4. I reread my post and I think I was a little easy on the perk costs!

As an example the training ground will take between 6000 and 12000 BP per day to fund out of the entire guild. Earning 100 BP an attack, your guild will need to make between 60 and 120 attacks a day - solely to fund the training ground. This makes no sense. Never mind the blacksmith is even more expensive. Never mind defensive upgrades cost BP now. Terrible design

850arrr likes this.
  5. Floki

Floki Captain

Have already seen good guild member pack up shut the tavern doors.
    If so many members are voicing their collective displeasure imagine how many more are unhappy as only a small percentage ever really say anything. I will wait and see but the outlook is grim imho.

6. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

In answer to this thread's title - Not Me!

I am very glad that a long-time request has been introduced - set chests (gold/grog; EP/BP; Materials)

Am I disappointed that the gem rewards for the quests have been replaced? Yes
    Am I surprised by the perk costs? Yes

Do I hope Midoki will reconsider these decisions? Yes

However I know that they will only reconsider if, after a proper period of evaluation their goal has failed. If their goal is achieved then they will obviously not do this.

If increased guild participation is necessary for "the greater good", I think it would be much fairer to find a way of reducing funding limits than attempting to price ppl away from donating as much.

Whilst I don't understand the reason why increased participation in perk funding is required... I do at least realise that the devs own the game... therefore I understand that criticising them for 'interfering in the way players choose to play' is obviously pointless!

I personally believe a more productive response would be to start a different thread - so I will.

7. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Crap, that does suck :eek:. My 5-streaks only gets me chests full of gold?! That is utterly useless at this point. Will have to see if anyone has posted the other streak level rewards yet :oops:

8. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

Peg-brain, this is head in the sand thinking if ever I’ve seen it. The collective point being there will be very few players left after their “proper period of evaluation” as you put it.
    Chests and other stuff....... couldn’t care less. Keep them, don’t, it doesn’t matter.
    The crazy cost of stuff will drive people away while Midoki evaluates and then the game is dead, unless you like attacking islands of players that aren’t playing anymore.

Morgan Ford likes this.
  9. Morgan Ford

Morgan Ford First Mate

If you want to focus on the map lets focus on the map. Yes people were asking for a new map. Not a re-skinned old map. I was one of them and I am sailing the crap out of it. When it came out few complained and no one is really complaining about the map now. Not sure anyone ever said they would rather not have a map instead of the one we got. You might be reading that into the overall point I was attempting to make.

However, the operative word is NEW. There is very little that is "new" or fresh about the Northern map other than maybe the name. Maybe we should chose adjectives other than NEW when attempting to dialog with Midoki. Where is the detail we saw on the earlier maps like the Gallahorn and the Hatch? Those subtle nuances that made you chuckle. The pop culture that made you say man that is cool when you discovered them. I for one am not seeing it on the Northern map and saw little of it on the Eastern.

At its release the Northern map would have been a sterling opportunity to roll out some new LPs. The Vikings were some of the fiercest pirates in history. A couple cool viking LPs would have been awesome but alas it is not to be. When you really get down to it the Northern map seems rushed.