Win streak chests drop no materials for LPs...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dutchie, Dec 6, 2017.

1. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

From what I gathered from other threads: Strongboxes, Lucky chests, and luxurious booty offer materials. One of those isn’t on the streak winnings at all, the others appear to require loooong streaks.....:confused:

850arrr likes this.
  2. Dutchie

Dutchie First Mate

Nice job... I added the drops to your list -

Streak Numbers / Streak Chests / # Rewards (Slots) / Reward Types / Max Reward

5 / Golden Booty / 1 / Gold / 1,484,649

10 / Merry Booty / 1 / Grog / 1,110,847

13 / Explorers Booty / 1 / EP / 5,000

15 / Swashbucklers Booty / 1 / BP / 5,000

18 / Modest Spoils / 2 / Gold, Grog / 412,402, 411,425

20 / Modest Warchest / 2 / EP, BP / 2,750, 2,750

25 / Marvellous Spoils / 4 / Gold, Grog, Gems / 412,402, 411,425, 55

30 / Marvellous Warchest / 4 / EP, BP, Gems / 2,750, 2,750, 55

35 / Magnificent Spoils / 6 / Gold, Grog, Gems / 412,402, 411,425, 110

40 / Magnificent Warchest / 6 / EP, BP, Gems / 2,750, 2,750, 110

50 / Modest Strongbox / 2 / Materials, Outfits

60 / Marvellous Strongbox / 4 / Materials, Outfits

70 / Magnificent Strongbox / 6 / Materials, Outfits

80+ / Lucky Chest / 5, 2, 6, 3 / Gold, Grog, EP, BP, Gems, Materials, Outfits / 412,402, 411,425, 2,750, 2,750, 1,000

I got the Lucky Chest at 125 wins, so 4 in total and I put the # Reward Slots in order of opening. So the 100 win streak has 6 slots and 125 has 3.

P.S. Thanks for the visit... I see it was a pleasant stay and you got severely drunk on my grog :)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  3. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Great info in here, thanks everyone :thumbsup:

4. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

AND??? when the amounts are getting fixed back like they were before the update??? 1

5. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

All being well it should be tomorrow, along with a tweak that will allow the Silo to hold more materials, and making the snow update mandatory (as the Event will be over).

850arrr, Broadside and MorganFlint like this.
  6. Broadside

Broadside Crew

So, no change to chests or streak rewards? Or is diverging missing in the release notes? Disappointed actually. I'm not sure what the reversion means in practice.

7. Lynsey [Midoki]

No change to chests or streak rewards at this time - the reversion just refers to the issue that Wollimaus raised with the exploration generators.

8. Homey DeClown

Homey DeClown Powder Monkey

Last 4 exploration kills have yielded 2 squid inks, and the rest gold and grog. At this rate, I'll have enough materials to upgrade one of my LP sometime in 2019. There appears to be no satisfactory way to farm materials now. Exploration rewards continue to disappoint. They should *always* give some kind of material. A 9 hour exploration for gold and grog. 9 hours....

I tried to streak into the hundreds (done it before), but the game kicks me out of a streak when a rumble is over. So I can't streak more than 24 hours if there's a rumble going on.

As far as I can tell, LP have been relegated to micro transactions. Gotta buy those *real* chests now if I want an LP upgraded. If I'm missing something, please step up and correct me. I would love to be corrected. It would mean I have a reason to play this game.

Did EA buy Midoki? Cause the suck factor, I mean "force" is strong with this update.

850arrr likes this.
  9. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

:eek:

10. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

I think it is not FIXED!!! I haven't got any gold or grog from EASTERN and NORTHERN maps since 13 hours!!! On Western some spots re-spawned after 6-7 hours,(after?) the 2. maintenance during the day, but none since exactly 13 hours on both other maps. :( Did you remove them?

11. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Good morning!
    NO! You didn't FIX the grog and gold values on our maps! It got more worse! In 24 h I could collect one TIME from Eastern and Northern map. Usually 3 times a day.
    And that 50k spots on EASTERN are still 12500(upper left) and 30k(near right corner down). I checked that 5 min ago!

I just sent a in-game support ticket about that!

12. Lynsey [Midoki]

The gold and grog generators are now exactly the same as they were pre-3.1.0 update for all three maps, both in terms of maximum amounts and timescales (min-max respawn times).

MorganFlint likes this.
  13. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Yes! Very good, thank you very much :):):)

14. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

So if you want any chance of getting material from streaking you have to go 50+ streaking? :eek: That’s a really bold move considering you had a shot in the past at 5 wins with a bandits chest. Haven’t done a ton of sailing but let’s hope the chances of material is MUCH higher than it used to be. IMO you could take out gold n grog on all the chest, even the silly little outfits and it would not hurt my feelings. If the abundance of chest is supposed to make me feel like I’m getting more then you would be highly mistaken. Gold and grog is easy to come by, I don’t need 999 chest of them to help or make me feel like SOMEONE is being really generous. Most people need bp, ep, and material. Ep not so much in my case.

Collecting material seems to be more of a chore than ever. Now we have BP but have to wait for materials to progress. Can’t we get a better balance? Just from my minimal playing recently seems to be a bit off. No?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    Sea Patriot likes this.
  15. This is exactly why I gave up playing after 1036 days.

16. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I can certainly see why. I’m lucky to almost be done with LP training except for ones I don’t really use. I’m currently farming only a couple different materials I need to finish them off and it’s gonna take a while. I can see why people would give up. It’s gonna take an eternity for one upgrade. Geez

17. Broadside

Broadside Crew

My concern is that the last update fundamentally broke the game (I'm not even sure how lower levels are taking the massive BP costs for every upgrade or whether that's still the case). Standard streak chests are a major breaking point. First they give no materials, so they're pointless for the high end. Second, they create this massive or virtually unlimited stockpile of goldngrog that is just sitting there waiting to make a mockery of any future update upgrade paths. I miss the early days, as a PH4 my eyes popping out as my buccaneers bring home a million+ resos plunder, and trying to manage builder time to spend it all. These days it all get burnt on traps or tipped into the sea.

Intimidator and Sea Patriot like this.
  18. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I gave up my third mini just because of the bp cost to upgrade. Still have a decent amount of gems on it but don’t wanna be bothered with trying to rack up the bp to go any further. I can imagine many people just starting out are discouraged early on by the cost to upgrade and the enormous amount of time it will take to do so. Argh!

People generally want instant gratification especially if they are spending money to progress further. When it take weeks and months to make any headway it’s too easy to throw your hands up and ask why am I doing this?

19. The December 2017 update fundamentally changed the game. While it did help reduce the backup of chests waiting to be opened, they chests lost their value I am not seeing the additional BP that was also to be part of the game - or maybe they are their but with the new required bp to do upgrades I feel BP are as hard to come by as ever. I had just upgraded my second account to PH 9 when this updated dropped, but with the new battlepoints to upgrade all the defenses. I stopped upgrading the LP's for that account and only had the mortars and gun towers upgraded when i decided to basically throw in the towel on upgrading defenses. I have upgrade the PH11 so i could finish the 3rd map - but once the map is done i will close down the island- it is just to hard to gather the BP to do the upgrades in a timely manner. Prior to this update if i had a builder available i could get the gold needed to start an upgrade for a cannon or gun tower, etc,,on the ride to or from work, now i get the gold but am short on the BP , the enjoyment of the game for me has disapeared as i cannot see the progress being made. I went from a starter island to PH9 in approx 200 days, if i had tried to get all the upgrades done before going to PH10 i would still be a PH9 as i just have not accumulted the BP to upgrade the Cannon's (5000 bp each) and other basic defenses. The main reason i am still playing is i have gems that i want to use up so i don't feel like the money was just thrown away,but like many others i am not purchasing any more gems and my playing time has gone from hrs a day to less than 1 hr most days. After almost 3 yrs i find myself ready to retire and sail into the sunset.

WOLLIMAUS and Intimidator like this.
  20. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

It is really sad :( to read that this so called economic tweak update has backfired for so many players. SPECALLY for the still DEVELOPING players. All the maxed out players couldn't care less :p how much each defense upgrade and voodoo hut!!! costs BP now. Okay, they have lowered BP costs for academy upgrade and also EP for lighthouse, but it isn't balanced at all.o_OThe silo issue is solved, that was a very good move from them, but....
    In my case, i got fortanatly all my defense maxed on my ph 9 (and almost all with the ph 11) before that unlucky update kicked in... but with the ph 10 and 11 it's getting harder then before(if i even continue to upgrade). I have the gold for upgrading my defense, but still not the BP enough always(my LP´s like too get trained once in a while)... so... i upgrade my other stuff with the EP i got and gather more BP for a new weapon/LP upgrade.
    I want that 3 builders have always something to do, the 4th is for SPEED gold spending on walls, when my 3 builders are busy for many days... Why the upgrades needs so many days anyway? :eek: Are the guys underpayed? :confused: @Lynsey [Midoki] ;)

I would rather upgrade my defense FIRST TO MAX on each ph level, the gold and grog i can borrow from fellow players :D, i don't need maxed grogpumps or goldmines for that. Them i can max out later... or never!!!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    Intimidator likes this.