Win streak chests drop no materials for LPs...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dutchie, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Cocobean

Cocobean First Mate

Speaking of pirate catchers, very disappointed there’s no upgrade for it.

Unique Rebel and Intimidator like this.
  2. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

See! If we could donate while streaking we’d keep spending our gems for the rewards and to see how far we could go possibly. Instead we have to quit and renew the perks and start all over. I have said it before, why is it difficult to make streaks a win streak? If you lose or forfeit it’s over. It makes sense to me. I’m curious why this can’t be corrected or maybe there is a reason in programming that makes it impossible. I know nothing.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    Broadside likes this.
  3. Unique Rebel

Unique Rebel First Mate

I must agree that the pirate catcher was key in this update. I have still not reached upgrading the PH12 academy or voodoo hut so not sure how much the new training levels for my troops will effect my troop recruitment times. I will make plenty noise if I have to wait longer. I presently wait 53 minutes= 17 gems. So only time will tell.

4. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Any plans for future updates to make materials easier to get @Lynsey [Midoki] ? As pointed out in past posts, must streak to 13 just for a miserly modest strongbox, from which you may just get an outfit instead; or 25 for a useful casket! Do many still streak that far?
    Sea battles seem to give much higher preference to rewards of gold, grog, BP and EP.
    My main had/has many chests stashed because I was maxed for so long between PH upgrades, but many players don’t have stockpiles. My mini can’t find an Opal since getting Caesar on trade ship months ago. Have heard complaints from other frustrated players.
    At higher levels, so many materials are needed that it becomes tiresome if you don’t have a chest stockpile. I’m all for challenging, but please consider upping the sea monster material drops, and add more useful chests to events.
    One can buy a Magnificent Stongbox in the market (for 400 gems!) for a chance at a few materials....do people buys those????

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    Intimidator, WOLLIMAUS and laaafish like this.
  5. laaafish

laaafish Crew

I can't max any of my LP's yet. Most are 1-2 levels left. But then a player in RW had maxed a few. I'm constantly sailing just for chests.

6. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Didn’t we used to have a cheap chest with material (cost gems)? Granted I remember you had to buy a decent number of them to amount to much and of course there weren’t any guarantees you’d get anything useful if you only had a couple levels or couple legends to level up, but it might be useful to lower ph players to stockpile if they wanted to purchase materials. (Not a chance of materials but only contains material) type of chest ;)

25 is still long shot for me to streak to. I haven’t actually attacked in months so we ll see how it goes.

7. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

No plans to change the streaking chests at present, and plenty do streak to 25!

I can take a look at the analytics to see what people are getting. It's worth remembering though that the player base is massively broad - not just in terms of Pirate Hall level, but activity levels and play style, and that we get complaints that everything is in too short supply. ;) We get people complaining that their gold and grog is overflowing, we get others complaining that it's in far too short supply. We get people complaining that BP is useless because they've got hundreds of thousands, and others complaining that they're always short. We get people complaining that Useful Caskets are rubbish Event rewards, because they contain useless materials, and we get people complaining that materials are too hard to get a hold of. We get people complaining that Outfits are too difficult to get so there should be more Tailors/Dappers/Strongboxes in Events.

I can certainly look at tweaking Event rewards though - possibly look to making some of the individual Event reward trees more focused on particular rewards (eg have a Warchest heavy Event, have a Useful Casket heavy Event, etc).

Yes!

Nope - the only chests that have ever contained just materials are the Useful Casket and the Luxurious Booty chests, both of which have only ever been available as Event or Quest rewards, or as part of an offer. The old chests (Bandit's, Freebooters, Corsairs, etc) used to contain the chance of everything - gold, grog, bp, ep, gems and materials - a bit like the current Lucky Chests.

8. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

*Pssssst* Best bet for Opals are the Big and Bigger Fishes on the Eastern Seas maps. ;)

MorganFlint, 850arrr and Unique Rebel like this.
  9. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

@Lynsey [Midoki] , you're the best and that was an epic rant....I guess you can't please us all, we pirates are a picky bunch :D

Intimidator and Unique Rebel like this.
  10. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Thanks Lynsey, Eastern it is ☺️.

And I hear you. I can image all the contradictory help messages/complaints Midoki must get. With long time players and other just starting, everyone has different need. I see it just with my own accounts. From my PH8s perspective, materials seem harder to accrue than before and the BP struggle is real. But I see the opposing argument when my PH12 finds it easy because of the stockpile of chests and BP, and cleared maps for easy sailing. :rolleyes:

UPDATE: Opal found today!!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  11. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

My mini is finally a PH9!!! A long work in progress, lol

MorganFlint likes this.
  12. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Yes Bandits chest was it! Thanks for helping me remember. I get so confused with all the different names now. There are so many to remember :eek:

Unique Rebel likes this.