Wobbly plunder points

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Taipanfan, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

Anyone else experiencing plunder point variations in their attacks? I’ve sent midoki a ticket but it may help them identify the problem if they find it’s happening everywhere.
    When I go to attack someone max pp is 1700, hit next and max pp is 493, hit next and max pp 1700, and the pattern continues. All targets were PH13. After a 100% attack on a max pp1700, I got 493.
    A few in the guild are reporting the same with different numbers (which would be ph and pr related).

Black-ish Beard likes this.
  2. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Our guild just had a heated end of rumble, so I didn’t pay much attention tbh. All I know is I got offered ph 11 islands to attack after nexting numerous times I was finally able to find a ph 13 which I jumped on immediately! Didn’t know when I would get another same level base to attack so time was of the essence if you know what I mean. Rank 900 still appeared to get 2038 or 2500+ points as far as I could see which seemed normal. I didn’t check the scoreboard after an attack (Didn’t have time). I did send a ticket also. I apologize in advance if it was not so pleasant:D It was a very close rumble and wanted to win lol. I sent the ticket mid rumble with about 20m to go. I was not happy to be offered ph 11s one after the other for a mere 370 points for my 19 gem crew. No thanks! I hope this is resolved rather quickly with an attack event looming in a few days. Hope you understand. :)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    Black-ish Beard likes this.
  3. Pirata Canibal

Pirata Canibal Powder Monkey

I’m PH 13 , PR 700, and only get PH 11 full of white walls, easy to defeat, but only 370 plinder points and all of them less than 400 k grog, so didn’t pay the recruitment cost, scrolled more than 50 and the same thing. Only 3 PH13 also with low gold/grog

4. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Just looked through my attacked log from last rumble. Almost every ph 13 I attacked (was actually able to find) was below rank 340. Some were even rank 130-160. I don’t think this is quite right or not possible before the update. Normally I’m offered much higher ranked islands of the same level. Don’t think it’s even been lower than 350-400 at rank 900 or so. I don’t know the formula, but hope that helps clear things up for a fix. I don’t fancy skipping ph 11 bases. Not worth my time or gems tbh.

5. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

Gotta assume there’s more people staying online longer at at the moment trying to build up the resources for the PH upgrade so less targets to attack. And likewise there’d be a lot sniping and losing rank to achieve it, but To be offered mostly PH11’s is messed up. There’s more in my guild saying pp is messed up for same level PH attacks at the moment, although it appears normal for my game at the moment.

6. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

The reason everyone was offered mainly PH11s is nothing to do with Midoki... and everything to do with the fact that Tazza D’Elite matched MMTX and once that millionaires’ rumble finished Drunk N Disorderly matched MMTX.

Therefore they were smashing every PH13 they could find! :eek:;)

However plunder points were reduced in the latest update for attacking 2 PH levels below your own... since players that attack weaker opponents don’t deserve decent points for a cakewalk! :rolleyes::p

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  7. xVortexinator

xVortexinator Powder Monkey

I was asking myself the same thing, Taipanfan. There has been a tremendous lack of attacking varieties in Pirate Hall 13's/12's. I currently have access to operate an account with a Pirate Hall level 13, yet all of the 'available' attacks that I was offered, when swiped, were Pirate Hall 11's, with a few, rare occasional Level 12's battles.

Peg-brain Bob also raises quite a reasonable explanation - a reply that just came in when I was going to give my point of view on things. It is possible due to the extreme amount of Plunder Points that the top Guilds are scoring (which would significantly lower the currently-accessible Pirate Halls); they generate 7-digit Rumble scores every time they have a match-up, it looks like. Some serious time and effort on their hands by their crews. They have my respect (Only a shame that they take all of the available higher-ranked bases out, haha)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  8. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

As @peg-brain bob has said, the amount of Plunder Points a player gets for hitting a base that's two levels lower has been substantially reduced. You can still merrily punch down and farm all their delicious loot, but you'll no longer be quite as well compensated with Plunder Points/Event Tokens for doing so. There are two reasons for this:

1) Punching two levels lower is an easy option, so shouldn't be as well rewarded
    2) With the new Event, it'd actively encourage people to punch downwards, so we had to mitigate that. ;)

WOLLIMAUS likes this.
  9. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

I’m actually quite pleased the pp has been reduced for attacking 2 levels down. When chatting to a friend who is PH11 last week, he said he’s feeling like he’s just a resource centre for PH13 to feed on, considering giving up the game because he just couldn’t get ahead because of it. I think the point reduction is a good thing.
    But the original point to the post seems to have been missed. There appears short periods the last couple of days where islands possible pp doesn’t match the ph level. WHEN OFFERED A SERIES OF PH13, the pp for one will be correct, followed by ph12 points for ph13, then correct, and the pattern repeats. Severalin my guild have reported the same thing.

Intimidator and WOLLIMAUS like this.
  10. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

I for one think the reduction in points is too drastic. 400ish points for a ph11 rival during a rumble while I'm ranked in the 700's is hideous. It's an automatic skip because what's the point of attacking them?? Given that a lot of us skip maxed PH13's and now have to skip ph11's that just makes for lame game play with less bases to attack.

11. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Like Taipanfan gave to understand according his friend, the lower ph levels has been canon fodder all the time for many maxed out players 2 levels above them, loots, points and PR. This feature wasn‘t made for them, getting easy loots and rewarded with higher ppts when attacking a 2 lvl lower rival than attacking a island at their own level island none rival and also unfortunatly gaining huge junks PR when the attacked island is much higher ranked then they are.
    So, now it is made at least less atractive to attack a much weaker one who can’t defend against so much stronger troops in any way. It just wasn’t and still isn’t fair getting rewarded for defeating a much weaker one or is it? You either attack them now for loots or PR gaining :mad: only, but no rewarding with better points then you would from your own level island or above. 1 level down still gives the points like before ;)

That attacking 2 lvls down was made for players who have just upgraded :) and for rushers :confused::confused::confused: with weak troops.

I think is it a good thing that this was done. It was a drastic change yes, but a good one imho.
    It must be very frustrating for a upgrading player at lower ph levels getting flattend again and again from 2 lvls higher, has no chance at all defending himself. Maybe some players needs to think now a bit before hit the fight button, is it worth it to attack a 2 lvls lower ph island or not.
    I have also attacked 2 lvls below :eek:, but only for easy loots when we had a relaxed rumble.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  12. Lynsey [Midoki]

If you could submit a ticket with examples, we can take a look. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head that could explain it is that some of the PHs have only just upgraded, and somehow the server hasn't updated to the points they should be getting. If we get some examples, we can investigate.

13. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

I did put a ticket in just before I started this post. I haven’t seen the problem today and no-one in the guild has spoken about it today either so it may be exactly as you say.
    If I see it pop up again, I’ll put in another ticket. Thanks for your response above.

14. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

More problems with battling match-ups this morning but it’s the “no battles available” message and being dropped back to home island after hitting next. The common thread is that it’s happening around 2000-2200UTC (6am - 8am in Australia) since the upgrade.

For Lynsey, the info on the bottom of my email was:

PlayerName: Taipanfan
    PlayerRefId: MkuOsrZaeMA=
    GuildName: Scottish Seadogs

15. Deathblood

Deathblood Powder Monkey

I know our most in our guild can’t get any decent points on battles anymore. If I’m lucky I can barely win a 246 point island. The ones that get 500+ are not realistically possible to beat. So I went from getting 500-1000 points on good islands to getting 75-246. This just sucks now.

850arrr likes this.
  16. Captain Black

Captain Black Powder Monkey

Lynsey as Captain of a Top #50 Global Guild in PR & Rumble Boards this New PP Scoring since last PH Update is Creating a Huge Uproar especially among your Cash Paying Max Pirates who’ve stayed since the Beginning.
    We have supported and stuck with PP but now with the Price of Inflation 18 Million PH 14 plus Insane BP Costs for Training/ Perk & Defenses there is No Reason to continue bother Upgrading.
    The PP System of 2 LVLS was always Fair this now makes the Thunder Event for good Rewards unplayable as the Pool of Pirates at PH 13 has been on a Steady Decline.
    I’m sorry to say but the writing is on the wall for another Wave of Retirements by Punishing your Loyal Fan Base that Pays the Bills & keeps your Lights On.
    So Happy Birthday for the 5 Years you just Celebrated but gave nothing but Headaches in Return as a Present very poorly Played.

850arrr likes this.
  17. Lynsey [Midoki]

Pirates can still attack bases that are two levels lower for loot, but they won't be as well rewarded. We have to consider lower level pirates too - it's incredibly demoralising to be constantly cleared out by an opponent that can pretty much wipe out your base with minimal effort, especially when it feels like the game is actively encouraging them to do it (ie by having the Plunder Points reward fairly close to hitting a base of your own level). We want lower level players to be able to grow and upgrade, as well as supporting the players right at the top end.

18. Master M....you just made everything incredible tough for upgrading in this game.. feels very Greasy..I have enjoyed this to now though... when I put some points up..Its hardly decent. Sitting at 600 level and can barely raise 2000 over 4 attacks, once that was 6000 easy. I normally purchase your Gems and max Gold and Grog ad but I really don't see any reason too. When it costs me 20gems each attack for a Rumble... I'm not seeing a nice ratio like it use to be. Reading the above messages here, I'm not the only one pondering about your new ways of the game. Best Regards Dp

19. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Id be fine with the new scoring if I could find actual bases to attack. Last night I hit next 100 f’n times avoiding ph11’s!!!! I couldn’t find a base worth attacking so I stopped playing. Thanks for ruining the game :mad:

20. Deathblood

Deathblood Powder Monkey

I get all this, but you’ve made it impossible for higher players to do anything. Only our lower point players can attack and get higher points for islands especially during rumbles. I get no more tan about 250 now while lower ranking players still get 800. Thee just is no balance here. Combine that with costs too high to upgrade is making the game not worth playing. We’ve also noticed that our higher players islands are attacked and defeated very easily and we can’t save up enough to upgrade items because we keep getting hit. Do something to fix this or a lot of us long term players are leaving.

850arrr likes this.