Wobbly plunder points

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Taipanfan, Sep 14, 2019.

1. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

I thought we were Pirates :confused:

2. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I’d put my vote in to only give me attacks for one level below and up. Prob not a popular choice or ideal for finding a battle (no battle found etc). I’m just tired of passing up ph 11s tbh. :cool:
    Guild mates are running out of gold searching for battles and having to raid their stash just to keep battling, which is not entirely ideal either!

I’ll bring it up again...perhaps no one saw it or cared to comment lol. How about a shield reduction gamewide? I think 8-10h shield is really quite enough. 12h is too long to hide imo. ;)
    Would that help matters at all with the shortage of ph13-14?

P.S. Dear Midoki, I wanted to spend my gems, but you give me nothing worth attacking. If you think 400 points is worth my time or money. Think again....I hope we have enough of a lead to win our rumble, cuz I’m not spending anything on a ph 11. It’s no challenge, no rank, no loot..NOTHING. So what is the point? ITS BROKE, please fix! We didn’t have this problem until the update. So not buying all the excuses. :(

You made rumbles more competitive and interesting. I’d say the masses were pleased. People wanna play and spend their gems, but simply are giving up because we are wasting our time looking for something (anything) worth attacking. (You’re missing out) If it takes raising the points for attacking a lower level base to fix it, I’d say do it. The explanation I keep hearing is ”there’s big rumble out there killing all the higher level bases”. Didnt seem much of a problem before. Why is it now? The high level players aren’t gonna spend money on 400 points. It just isn’t gonna happen. The end...

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    850arrr likes this.
  3. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Good points Tim. I guess another option is to have Midoki create a bunch of dummy bases and have them repopulate for everyone. Kinda like the strongholds but intermixed when searching for bases to attack. Heck, maybe they already do this o_O

4. 10Atious

10Atious Crew

I’ve just given up playing. Complete waste of time....next, next, next, ad nauseum. Every 12 hrs another 12 hr shield. Seems there aren’t that many islands out there worth attacking( except those of us who did not gem PH14) I certainly don’t find too many islands that don’t require “next” anymore and yet I give away 1.8-2.1+ mil grog give away every time I log off. Probably need a new layout...tedium extraordinaire.... But hey, Midoki has made sure those lower level islands are protected from pirates....wait, isn’t this a pirate game? Since when has pirateering ever been fair?
    Stop all this mollycoddling, it didn’t happen in the early days and we all survived and enjoyed the game just fine.

850arrr and Intimidator like this.
  5. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I believe if this had to be done it’s game over! Such a shame that one rumble breaks the game for everyone supposedly. Please :( I guess there aren’t enough people to keep on going. Sad day :(

6. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Not necessarily - Samurai Siege introduced 'Ghost Bases' (which are duplicates of player bases that have loot, but don't give Honour, their equivalent of Pirate Rank) three or four years ago to help with matchmaking issues with high level and high rank players. It's still going! ;)

850arrr likes this.
  7. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I’m just curious if this is gonna continue to be a problem? After I get done with a hard days work, I wanna sit down for an hour or two and play my game, but alas it’s not working. Extremely frustrating trying to play this way. Every time there’s a big rumble (happening more often now than before) it ruins the game for every one else. Good for Midoki to rake in on a huge gem payday rumble but missing out on everyone else trying to play as well. If it continues to be a problem, I’ll just have to give it up. My 1-2 hours of game time a day gets thrown in the crapper all too frequently lately.

850arrr likes this.
  8. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

We're continuing to monitor the situation, hopefully things will be a bit smoother soon!

WOLLIMAUS likes this.
  9. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

I prefer to think of the changes as an encouragement to attack your own level or one down rather than constantly picking on the little guys. In a short time everyones attacking skills will be better and the game will become easier again.

WOLLIMAUS likes this.
  10. Deathblood

Deathblood Powder Monkey

This isn’t about skill at this point. You can’t get points at rumbles that make rumbles worthwhile. Islands seem to be attacked much more often and defenses are meaningless most of the time. Given that you also can’t accumulate the incredibly high costs of grog and gold because you can’t find enough of it and it’s stolen as fast as you get it. But lower point players aren’t having any issues. This only punished higher long term players.

11. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

I’m confused by that logic. If everyone only gets good plunder points by attacking others within 1 level of their own base and you’re having issues with that level, it’s a skills based argument. If the issue is raiding to gain resources for upgrades, then use the next button more to find any level base with enough to make the attack worthwhile and surely you aren’t concerned about plunder points in that situation. It sounds like you’re arguing for a farming strategy that you want to win a rumble with, which I see as two completely different things.

WOLLIMAUS, 850arrr and Intimidator like this.
  12. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

While I get the point of not getting a lot of points for hitting a lower level base, lowering the points to a point of complete uselessness is the problem. Why even show a base two levels down? We don't see bases three levels down, just not show them anymore, the nexting is absolutely killing me.

As for attacking bases on your same level, well I'd love to drop 20gems plus per battle to take down a maxed base but that's just not my style. The game was playable before and now it's not.

13. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Agreed 100%

14. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Disagree 100% - in actual fact every PH level (aside from 12 & 13) has received massively reduced points for attacking 2 levels lower for several years (since Midoki realised that bullies are not useful to the the game!)
    PH12 & 13 slipped through for a short time until this error was corrected - they are now in line with all other levels.

If your ‘style’ is to use your developed troops to cakewalk less developed defences... then accept the points that your ‘style’ is actually worth! :rolleyes:

WOLLIMAUS likes this.
  15. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I don’t recall the points being that low for attacking 2 levels down, but I suppose if it slipped through on two pirate halls I prob forgot. Doesn’t make any difference to me however, rarely attack that low unless the loot is too much to ignore. Dont expect big points for hitting that low. Most likely farming an upgrade :D

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    Taipanfan likes this.
  16. Kevin Taylor

Kevin Taylor Powder Monkey

I have a different problem, I have PH 13 but my training and infrastructure is nowhere near that level. Every time I go offline I am attacked and destroyed 100% within a few minutes. I have not made a successful defence since the upgrade, everyone who attacks me wins 100%. This is because I am being offered to players with PH 13/14 but with far higher pirate ratings, typically 700-900 whereas my highest rating is 504. I am such an easy target for these guys some of them don’t even bother using a witch doctor or a priestess they just march straight through me. When I want to make an attack I am offered these same guys who are pretty well maxed up and impossible for me to beat, so it’s next next next until I can find someone similar to myself. Ok the plunder points are reduced but this is not the only thing that’s changed, prior to the upgrade I could make some successful defences or only get beaten 75% but now everyone destroys me with ease. I am not looking for easy prey when I am attacking but the matching has changed dramatically. I have made the mistake of upgrading my PH too quickly. The playability of the game has reduced greatly since the big upgrade, please fix it.

17. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Firstly try lowering your PR (pirate rank) to below 350 - this should stop most of the highest bases matching with you. However if this doesn’t resolve the problem there are (realistically) only 2 other possible solutions to a rushed PH...
    • either get looting fast to upgrade defences & train troops to catch-up at the maximum speed possible.
    • or (if you’ve rushed so far that the game is virtually unplayable) accept that you’ve made a horrific mistake & send a support ticket to Midoki requesting them to reset your PH back to the level of your defences & troops.
    This game’s matchmaking is based primarily on PH level (with PR also considered). Therefore asking to not be matched with other equivalent PH levels (because the rest of your infrastructure/troops don’t match) is not likely to be changed any time soon. :oops:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  18. Kevin Taylor

My point is that none of these issues were there prior to the big upgrade during which there must have been quite a lot of tweaking of the program

19. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Actually @Kevin Taylor there was only one causative tweak... a new PH (with accompanying upgrades) - which caused all the previously maxed bases to start gobbling up every available base with any loot!

Previously the maxed bases were only interested in PR (since they had nothing to spend loot on) therefore as long as you were below PR350 you were only attacked by lower ranked bases that were themselves still developing.

20. Kevin Taylor

Yes Bob you are most likely correct but some of the pirates who attack me do so when there is only a small amount of gold and insufficient grog to cover their recruitment costs?