Wonky Matchups

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shonda La, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

I can't give you exact numbers, because the algorithm is actually quite complex. Basically, the higher rank you are, the more it's likely to take PH level into account - so if you're 800+, it will first look for people of a similar rank, and if it can't find someone, it'll expand the search (both upwards and downwards) to look for players with a similar level pirate hall (either the same, or one higher or lower).

Rachael, Kelani, Skull King and 2 others like this.
  2. Burnz

Burnz Captain

So could technically a group of PH4s, say 1000, push there way up to the leader boards and never be touched by a PH 8? Thats saying, all the PH4 would keep just attacking themselves and go up.

3. Bear

Bear Commodore

No. I think she means pr is the primary determinant of a match, but if a match cannot be made then PH level is used

Tiger Claw likes this.
  4. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Thanks Bear, I read that too fast and it was too early. But now that I am reading it this afternoon, I see what she was saying.

5. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

You said that somebody who had just finished upgrading to PH8 should not be wiped out twice a day by a maxed PH8 player, and that is all I meant to respond to...unfortunately they will be and there's no way around it unless they keep their loot all spent. I would like to see a better rank and matching system that would prevent this, but I don't expect it to happen. I don't mean to question your knowledge of how the game works, just thought this was a friendly conversation.