[1.9.1] iOS Update Bugs & Issues

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Lynsey [Midoki], Jul 7, 2015.

1. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

Just lazy for me to make movies, but you'd see the sick logic of WD in any attack!
    Holy sh...! He makes circles around one point, flounces between units like newsboy, run right to fires and die, makes marathons to other end of the Universe and much more.
    Midoki's Quality Assurance dept must commit a collective suicide )

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  2. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

+1 to the masses complaining about WD logic...
    Should be protecting the larger group instead of one or two troops.

Even if you can get the doc to go where you want, it stands far too close to the juggs and dies a lot quicker. He can do adequate protecting from further away

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    Monkey D Luffy and Tex like this.
  3. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

Hesitate to say this because it's not new and probably all of the Forum and Midoki are tired of hearing, but replays are still off and it's certainly a bug.

Burnz, Raptelan and Bear like this.
  4. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

+1,000,000!!!

5. Monkey D Luffy

Monkey D Luffy Powder Monkey

Rehiring after donation at the donation screen - if my troops has not finished training completely, the rehire button after donating my troops is "rush to finish/gem", instead of using grog.

6. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

Just wondering if you still feel this way After the last fight that you had against me where the wd walked to his death to chase some far off jugg and left all your gunners holding their......gun.... With no protection. Was okay with you? I would be a little frustrated if I were you.

7. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

8. Blueberry

Blueberry Captain

I've lost GS troops twice... Haven't deployed them and then finished a battle only to find they have disappeared. Gunners on both occasions.

9. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Yes I do! Everyone makes mistakes sometimes. Mistakes happened with the old AI too. I won that attack anyways, have won 60 out of the last 66 attacks, stayed above PR 700 since the update, funded all my upgrades solely from raids, and am currently in the Top 20 global, without a single Academy 8 training. Been 3-starring lots of challenging islands and having an a high degree of enjoyment from the game that I have missed since Ching Shih went away.

But maybe you're right, I must be confused and wrong, let's regress things back to how they were before rather than learning how to use the new AI properly...

10. Skye

Skye Commodore

I've seen two notable bugs:

Video Rewards - If you tap the ad to go to the app store after watching the video, it causes the game to reload the next time you enter, never being able to click the collect rewards button. Unsure if it still credited the rewards, but it wouldn't have been apparent what they were anyways, as the game restarts.

Game randomly crashes in island editor mode- this is frustrating after spending an hour redesigning your base, to have it crash when placing your last couple decorations. Please let us save designs midway thru :c

Alphafox and Super-Nor like this.
  11. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

The video rewards, third ad locks in reward animation loop and game has to be restarted, then no more ads. (we all love the ad rewards!)

12. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

You can only watch a certain number of adverts within a session/time period, I'll check what the exact number is.

13. yeti

yeti Captain

Is not getting any ad rewards at all a bug? Few of us who've never seen them

Alphafox likes this.
  14. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

No - they were supposed to be switched on for Android, but not iOS (as adverts from one of the ad providers is causing the issues mentioned above). Unfortunately they were switched on for iOS, they've now been switched off.

15. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

Well then when you lose that big battle that sets you back many hours of work because of an ai issue I am sure you will change your mind. Just like you SWORE you would not create a second guild.... ;) But seriously, I see your point. Their was a lot of bad ai before this update some has been fix and some has been added. Your at a comfortable level. I want perfection. I'm a dreamer...

Becker Redbeard likes this.
  16. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Well i'm the polar opposite, with this horrible witch doctor AI. I've tired numerous combo's and the WD has become just about useless in my book. However without him I can't win jack squat...sooo I'm glad it somehow works for you but for what seems like everyone else its not so great.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  17. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

I am going to go out on a limb here and say it is working for him during this period I call "transition rank grabbing". Which is the short period of time after a new content update where ppl who spend lots of gems to speed up building the academy so they get a competitive advantage because their troops are stronger than any defenses. Lots of players did this after the last update only to get very upset and bored. Rapt has definatly gemmed a lot of buildings and sits in this group. When defences catch up i will bet he changes his tune.

18. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

That makes sense. I'm currently at maxed Academy lvl 6 and VooDoo lvl 3 and eating it hard with the new AI.

19. Darth Yoda

Darth Yoda First Mate

I, for one, have stopped using WD. His use is far too erratic to be of benefit. This feels like an idea good on paper, but not adequately tested. I hope Midoki revisits this quickly, because their poor Quality control is damaging the game's reputation.

20. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

*Cap'n Sparkle* likes this.