[1.9.1] iOS Update Bugs & Issues

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Lynsey [Midoki], Jul 7, 2015.

1. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

2. Skye

Skye Commodore

Assuming each bomber throws 5 bombs before switching targets (their behavior on most buildings, not necessarily on walls), going from lv 11 walls to lv 13 walls only requires at most one extra bomber (4 instead of 3, depending on AC8 trainings). The hp difference of walls isn't really enough to swing things unless you're breaking walls with things that aren't bombers (last I checked you were though). The improved kaboom ability should also offset the hp difference fairly equally if thats your chosen wall destruction method and should keep things more or less at their same unit numbers. If you smash walls with brutes, their increased strength scales fairly proportional to wall hp as well.

Also, I have seen several players with maxed walls at lower ranks, and at least one (I believe it was Didro or Kostyakk) near the top of the leaderboard, so you can have your fun on them now.

The real change will be when players with better skill and knowledge start finishing their bases and we start to see more novel designs. Max defenses help a little bit, as do max troops, but until the non-spending players with more skill start getting caught up, things will be pretty stagnant strategy wise. Most everyone on the lb knows how to at least 2* current designs reliably, regardless of defensive levels. Most people on the lb are using slight variations of a handful of designs adapted from ph8 though, and no really clever ph9 designs have really surfaced yet.

Anyways, this is mostly to defend rapt, that trainings don't make a huge difference, and neither do defensive upgrades, if you have the requisite skill. Rapt certainly has the skill to beat current designs, and neither troop nor defense levels will be enough of a change to upset that. They do make the base look more pretty though, as the red/gold look started to feel like a bunch of french fries covered in ketchup!

# Johnny Doe # likes this.
  3. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

4. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

5. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

6. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

7. Alphafox

Alphafox First Mate

Island editor bug is killing me, wasted about 2 hours redesigning bases and having it crash!! allow partial saves and for that matter have save spots so you can save your island and load a different one easily to try different layouts.

Kelani likes this.
  8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Sorry if it's been mentioned, but the release notes say:

• Added notification for Rumble Started, Finished and Finishing Soon.
    I'm not getting the Finishing Soon notification on iOS.

9. Bear

Bear Commodore

I'm not getting the ending soon notification on Android either.

10. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

11. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  12. MidasRex

MidasRex Powder Monkey

Is there a memory leak? The longer I play the game, the more sluggish it gets, then eventually starts crashing. Also, the more of the 'question mark' rewards I attempt, the worse it gets, giving me white screens with no return, just failing to return to the game, etc. Ugh.

13. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

There are always memory leaks, if not in the game, then in iOS itself. regular restarts aren't a bad thing.

14. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

So true. Double tap and swipe up all the running apps at least once a week.

15. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

That's really not how iOS works guys...

Raptelan likes this.
  16. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

17. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I won't claim to know anything about iOS, but I know software. Midoki has said previously there were memory leaks. And the longer I go opening/closing apps without a restart, the more weird stuff happens. Restart: All gone.

18. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

19. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

With the exception of a couple of Background App Refresh apps and a couple of other circumstances (eg music and mapping), when an app is no longer displayed on the screen (phone locked or home button pressed to return to Springboard or switched to another running app) it is effectively paused/suspended but holds onto it's memory.
    After that, if another app requests more memory than is available, iOS starts to unload suspended apps' pages of memory, pretty much until all that remains is a screenshot of it's last state in the app switcher. You can tell an app has had it's memory unloaded based on the time taken to switch back to it - if it's instant it was still in memory, if it takes time it was unloaded.

"Swiping up" apps to terminate them is not required. In fact this is detrimental to battery life as apps *always* need to be reinitialised and reloaded when starting them again instead of sometimes being able to just switch them back to an active state.

Terminating a misbehaving app might be necessary sometimes to fix the app itself due to coding problems but other "running" apps won't have anything to do with the app you're currently running.

Skye and Kelani like this.
  20. c00ni

c00ni First Mate