New Rumble Scoring is terrible

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by beancounter, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

I am a PH8 as well. And I'm scoring 365 per battle. Seems good enough. Higher with a rival. And higher with a greater PH 9 base.

2. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

I get that, but new players in the game aren't meant to join a guild with PH9 members and a very high and good rumbling guild. If you join the appropriate guild, the matchmaking will match you up with other PH5 guilds, so it is a fair rumble, and a close one too, just a lower score then two giants at one another. If you have a mix of PH levels, I'm thinking that you probably wont get stacked against a PH9 guild. And if you do, I think your PH8s and 9s will have to act as carries, while your PH5 scores as much as it can.

3. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

This has cured the problem of the mini, which it is as it should be.

Now the point of any game is to progress develop your isle to be stronger, What happen in the past was to allow anyone to do very well in rumbles at low end bases. That created a stoppage of anyone progressing why would you if you could win like a madman.

So yes im glad the mini Bs is done. If you want to keep a low level base that entirely up to any player, but now you know how it will work. As @Beck [Midoki] has said in a previous thread, there will be people unhappy no matter what. We all will adjust and learn how to use the system as it is now set up. I for one am happy to see a reason to progress and happy to see the age of the mini end.

4. Lol, very balanced! No need for a 45 minute army![​IMG]

5. Why are you bringing up fairness? Rumbles have always been pay to win. Gems equal faster and more frequent attacks usually meaning more points (unless you sucked). Minis were an exploit to counter that but a mini gemming was still better.

I really don't understand the belief that low players must be equal to high players either. Attacking lower level players face easier bases and can rebuild troops faster and cheaper. They spent less time and effort improving their base and troops but they have to make equal points why? Just to make them happy?

Peer bases are usually much easier to beat when you are at low levels than higher ones. Just the way that games work. Bad players tend to stay at low levels while the skilled (or rich) ones move up. There are so many weak bases to crush at low levels but higher level bases tend to be designed better with few weak spots. (More defenses and walls help with that but we'll ignore that for now.)

If you want to make more points then just upgrade your PH to 9. Should be easy right? Oh, wait its not? If getting to PH 9 is hard then why should rewards be equal when you are at an easy level? Just doesn't make sense unless you are arguing for easy points just to please people. Achievements would probably be more appropriate without unbalancing the rumble system further.

You keep saying low bases are useless but rumbles are won on most points. Any points won are worthwhile.

6. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Same here. There will always be problems, but at least this makes sense. Low PH means low score, and higher PH means better score. Now all that is left to do is adjust.

Enuthral likes this.
  7. So you found a player with a rushed PH but whose defenses are still PH 7. Congrats. Enjoy the easy points. But are you arguing the game should be balanced on that?

8. No, I just want to feel like I contributed when I play a PH5 for 3 hours non stop and make less points then a ph9 attacking once. And I can beat the base I just posted with a simple gun/buc army I can cook in 20 minutes.

9. That base should not give a max ph9 like myself 625 points! Again, someone playing the game non stop for several hours should not earn less points then someone who logs in once a day to attack. Regardless of ph level.

10. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Lets not be too harsh on each other here. I see both points of view, but I cant tell from a low PH's perspective. Just that minis are gone, and that these problems are very minor compared to that. This you can eventually suck up and upgrade.

11. I suppose we will see an increase of premature ph8/9 bases as players rush their PH upgrade to compete for higher PP points ;)

12. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

That maybe so, but it still means they will be going up as opposed to sitting still. And Rushed isles are usually easier to rip down.

centricORCHID likes this.
  13. Can't and won't disagree with that number of points that can be won is too high. But its more of an unbalanced thing than a broken one like minis.

Still disagree with the central theme of this thread that the new system is terrible compared to the old one.

As for people rushing their PH: while it helps that player earn points, it hurts their clan because their base gives up a lot of points easily too.

bucket and Skye like this.
  14. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

You can't earn 625pts all day? Something wrong there.

Again, you have to take into consideration recruiting time. A PH8/9 could be anywhere from 30-60 minutes, easily. I'm PH8 and my usual recruits take 35 minutes. So it is expected we would earn more than people who battle every 15-20 minutes.

15. Travis

Travis Powder Monkey

If your guild is South of Heaven then I would not focus on the scoring system. I think the reason you're in fourth place is because only 10 of your players are rumbling. Good luck ;)

# Johnny Doe # and beancounter like this.
  16. I think you will see guild serious about rumbles generating feeder guilds where they push all the ph7s and lower too. Rushing is not as good in PP due to the academy BP requirements.

17. Ha, yes we are. And yes I know we are going to loose due to inactives. Was a really bad day to start a rumble. Are you in one of our rival guilds? I would be attacking now but my kids have the ipad, lol!

One thing I noticed is how little we are being attacked. Neither one of my accounts has been attacked. Which is really, really odd for a rumble. Normally both accounts get hit 2-3 times during a rumble.

But regardless, I want a balanced game. This is not a balanced system. It is awesome if you have a guild of active ph8/9. Terrible if you have a good mix of ph levels.

Edit: Are you Travis in Candian Raiders? At least you guys are better positioned at third. Darth Raider almost got the three stars on me. Good luck!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  18. Fil

Fil Captain

Now everyone will be complaining about "maxis" :confused:

19. Top rank teams are always made of top players. That's where ambitious players tend to gather.

Having a mix of levels is your choice for a growing clan, doesn't mean its the "best". It is the typical distribution of most clans though.

What you're actually asking for is a more fair matchmaking system which nobody has a problem with. So the ranked guilds don't squash the normal ones. But fair is always relative in a system where one side can choose to pay to win if the other won't. Then you would need many leagues with subgroups in those leagues to be "fair".
    1. Top clans
    2. Normal clans
    3. Beginner clans
    Further subdivide into
    1. Gemmers
    2. Non-gemmers
    3. Some gemmers
    Might need subdivisions based on skill as well. Not to mention guilds sometimes change as players move. Just becomes a mess.

20. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

I read the first few posts, I'm not reading anymore as its most likely nonsense, why on earth should a PH5 be scoring the same as a PH9? That's the whole point to this update, where was your whining when PH2's were smashing up Rumbles since the start? Probably because you were one of those asshole guilds exploiting the loophole.

Grow a brain, a lower PH should score lower, just grow the bloody account and join the PH9 scoring. Quit whining about this nonsense.