New Rumble Scoring is terrible

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by beancounter, Oct 29, 2015.

1. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

I'm sorry but I MUST respectfully disagree with your opinion - as others have stated there are many practical things that ALL members of a guild can contribute towards.

However sticking to rumbles - (in most guilds) the MOST important thing is the level of activity. The maxed players (who can earn the highest points) are ENCOURAGED to fight and earn more if they see the whole guild is making a decent number of attacks (irrespective of points earned). To them seeing a proportion of the guild not even taking part is far more frustrating!

Also if your guild has a decent spread of PH levels - the players at each level can still compete against each other for points/wins.

2. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

If you are an active, smart, strategic player... I'll find a spot for you in one of our guilds regardless of PH level. Contrary to what many may think about the Skulls group of guilds, we value smart players more than those who buy lots of gems. Not necessary to be a high rumble score producer. PM me if interested. Be warned, if you are not active or demonstrate strong abilities, you will be removed.

John56 likes this.
  3. Yes there are lots of things a low level PH player can do for a guild. But this thread is specifically about how mid-low level phs have hardly any impact on the rumble scoring. Not chatting, not donating to perks. Rumble point scoring.

And I agree any *active* player gets frustrated when players don't attack during a rumble. Now just imagine how fun it must be to raid for a couple of hours and it makes hardly any difference on the score. And then some guy logs in *once* all day and matches your score. Fun times that. Way to encourage all players to be active.

4. John56

John56 First Mate

I and several players in my guild just hit 100 days of playing and are PH8 with everything, including troops, maxed through PH 7 levels. We did not pause months to attack as minis, wasting time, gold and grog, and felt that we contributed to the guild as noted above by funding perks and being active in chat. Now we are in a position to help the Guild in Rumbles, donating higher level troops and offering help to new players in our Guilds, who we are happy to have.

New players do matter; without them the game will die out as folks get bored. There is plenty to do as a lower level player besides being number 1 in Rumbles.

I don't feel at all sorry for people who artificially kept their PH level at 2 or 3 to Rumble; if anything they should have a huge advantage now as they should have BP coming out of their ears, and should be able to get their Academies upgraded much more quickly than other players.

Ian and awbo like this.
  5. John56

John56 First Mate

Our Captain used our first post-update Rumble to gather information on how the new scoring system worked. From that, she was able to come up with a minimum score that each level of PH should shoot for in a Rumble. It is a fair system and gives new and experienced players a good indication of how they are doing. It has also pointed out that rushed PH's are at a distinct disadvantage with the new scoring systen; particularly if their Academy upgrades have not kept pace with their PH level.
    While I can see that it would be frustrating for a low level player to attack all day and not be at the top of the Guild Rumble score, our entire Guild offers encouragement and guidance to these players, who by their actions not only show that they are active and want to contribute, but are also gaining experience and BP while participating in the Rumble.
    I personally would rather have 30 people of all PH levels who are active, chatty and want to participate than 50 PH9's, for whom the game has gotten stale and who log on if they have nothing else to do.

Ian and awbo like this.
  6. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Take the time to process the last part of what I wrote. We scored over 200k points and won by somewhere around 10k. I can't remember the exact number. Had our lower ranked players not fought hard we wouldn't have won that battle. The difference between 1st and 2nd in a battle is pretty big to our guild, we all like free gems. ;)

But if you just want to see yourself argue that you don't matter in the game, go on ahead. I won't try to stop you. You've ignored enough of us already.

7. I am not ignoring your comments. But NUMBERS don't lie. I have posted over and over again how low phs do not generate anywhere near the level of pp a ph 8 or ph 9 does.

I want rumbles to encourage everyone to be active. I want every player in the guild to be able to make a difference in a rumble. Close rumbles are fun! But it is not fun when one guy is posting 625 pp for a win and the new guy is posting 45 pp for a win.

8. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Matchmaking should put you with guilds in a similar position. So if your guilds lower level members didn't try and your rivals did, guess what happens? ;)