New Rumble Scoring is terrible

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by beancounter, Oct 29, 2015.

1. OK, so my guild started a rumble today. I have two accounts I use a ph5 and a ph9. For my ph9 to three star a PH8 I get 410 points. Against an equal I could pull in 500. Decent. But I was shocked when I tried to raid with my ph5. That account could only get 85 points for three staring a PH8?!

So non-max accounts are basically useless in a rumble now. We went from one extreme to another it seems. Even three staring an equal base nets you 50ish points.

Guilds that have a mix of ph levels are at severe disadvantage.

2. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

Current system negates the advantage that lower level accounts had in rumbles. The competition is fair now. Guilds with lower level accounts possessed a huge advantage before, even when not using minis. At first glance it does appear some added weight was given to higher level accounts. Midoki took into account all the tricks the lower level players were utilizing in developing the new and fair scoring system.

HornyQuokka likes this.
  3. My PH9 gets 400 points and my PH5 get 85 points for killing the *exact* same base. How is that balanced? It takes 20 minutes are so for me to cook a rumble army with the PH5. A ph9 needs about 45 minutes to make an army that crush just about any base out there. And can score ten times the rumble points!

The new exploit for the PH9 is to make cheap buc/gun/brute armies and go smash ph8s and ph7s. Cooks in 20 minutes. Scores 300 to 400 points an attack.

With the new system non-maxed accounts are a complete waste to have in a rumble.

4. If you can beat a PH 8 with a PH 5 then that base wasn't that strong. Your first paragraph sounds like it should be, bigger base takes longer to cook and gets more.

Max bases attacking down is not exactly a new exploit, it was always there. Just got overshadowed by minis dominating the land. Nothing you have said sounds worse than the old system. Taking 20 min to make an army sounds better than a mini punching out one in a couple of minutes.

Anything that generates points is not a waste.

Christy and RNP like this.
  5. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Its totally fair now...and all the time and work it takes to build up a strong island and army is taken into account. Thx Midoki, finally a fair rumble. :)

thelastfallen, Christy and Souki like this.
  6. Lady O'maley

Lady O'maley Captain

Yeah I agree ,, I was in top 3 every rumble scoring good ,, worked my butt off for top place , now my PH 7 can only get low score in rumble ,, it's not so balanced anymore , I can only get 200/250 max that's it ,
    I can't hit PH 9 as im only low witch means I can't get the higher 400 scores as others can , fun trying mind not sure how this evens it out , just means higher level PH don't have to work as hard to get the higher scores , witch means it's not as even as people are making out , just means higher level can score more for doing less fighting ,,

Although we have a pritty good team in our guild , we work hard in rumble ,so can't complain to much , just I can't get the higher scores for working hard ,, shame realy ..

7. How is that fair!! A ph5 has no chance of even staring those bases. And my ph9 can squash the first for 300 points! That second is a max base that my ph9 would get 615 points for!

Broke

8. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

This is to encourage you to upgrade and get stronger. The more advanced you are into the game, the greater advantage you have. And lets be honest here, I don't see why you are stating you get 80 BP for attacking that same PH8 base. This is because its not like you can attack it with your PH5 anyways, so you shouldn't worry about it. Now, the more upgraded and experienced you are, the better things are for you. I see no reason for a PH5 to be compared to a PH8, as they are far apart. Also, thinking logically, the lower your PH and the newer you are, the less your score should be. A PH2 has no reason at all to be scoring anywhere near a PH8, or there's no point even upgrading. This is all to encourage you to upgrade that PH5 account of yours, so you can put in a greater contribution.

thelastfallen, Christy, RNP and 2 others like this.
  9. Yes, I have noticed that rumbles are now definately skewed to Ph8/9 players and the whole rumble scoring has just done a full turn where before having minis was an advantage, now having max players is the advantage.

Over a period of say 40mins without gems:

A PH8 can raid once and gain around 400 avg PP points,
    A PH5 can raid twice and gain around 110 avg PP points,
    A PH2 can raid about 6 times and gain around 48 PP points.

If you are in a guild with a range of different PH levels and head into a rumble... Then whoever your matched with that has the most Ph8/9 players is stacked to win now. No longer battle of the minis but battle of the higher ph players.

The only fair rumbles will be guilds with less than 1-3 pirate hall ranges in their guild to be matched more evenly for a fairer fight. That is of course unless you get a gemming guild streaking their way through your bases.

Also noticed that you get more PP points against same level PH if they are at a lower PR range than you. Interesting.

I am sure a lot of guilds will be evaluating their strategies.

10. Point is my ph5 would have to three star 12 ph5 bases at 50 points each to get the same points my ph9 can get from beating *1* ph9 base. It means that low level phs are a complete waste to have in a rumble. I feel bad for guilds of low level pirates. They aint winning a single rumble.

11. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Hmm, good point. This may be to encourage rank push? Seems like it! The higher the rank, the more Plunder Points.

12. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

They probably wont get paired against a stacked PH9 guild either....

13. So you have no new members in your guild? My guild is a mix of ph levels. Now, no one matters in the rumble except the ph9/8..... They just increase the member count of the guild and are dead wood.

14. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Are PH5 people waiting like 40 minutes to recruit? Cause that is calculated in to the points too. Higher PH typically take longer to recruit. That can't be ignored.

15. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Everyone matters, just that the score will reflect based on the PH level. If your guild is a mixed PH, you will have players that score high, which are your more experienced and developed PH8s and 9s, and your low level PH 1, 2, 3, etc. score low as they are considered newer, and have ways to go before getting scores like the big boys.

16. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Yes, I agree. It takes me longer to make troops, way more than a PH5. And even though the PH5 would have to attack like crazy an gem to catch up to me, its easier for them to actually do it. Beancounter, I get your point, and realize it could be a bit more different, but I think its just a definitive and much needed reply to the mini situation.

17. A simple army of 5 brutes, 10 bucs and 20 gunners takes about 19 minutes. So I can attack twice in the time it takes my ph9 to build an army that can three star most ph9s. So the ph5 can earn 100 points and the ph9 can earn 500. 615 if it is a rumble rival.

Look I hated the mini thing too. But now low ph are simply irrelevant. I am sure that will be very frustrating for a new player to the game.

18. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Ehh, PH 8 here and I only see 400-500 available and those are usually PH9 islands that I may not even 3 star.

I guess I don't have the experience from a PH5 to really see it, but its way more fair than it was with mini's.

awbo likes this.