New Rumble Scoring is terrible

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by beancounter, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

Just went thru a rumble, as a ph7 i was averaging 256 Rumble points attacking similar ph7, now in a relaxed day i can do 10 attacks easily without using any gems, thats 2560 points., now if a ph9 is taking longer to build troops and only does 6 attacks at 600 points thats 3600 points. just saying everyone is within striking distance of everyone else for build speeds. I would say anyone has a good change of making the points they need to contribute to a rumble win. We will learn how to use its strengths and weaknesses to win rumbles.

2. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Its all about adapting...I see no problems so far. Just mixed reviews based on different leveled players. The update didn't live up to all the hype, but it sure got the job done.

3. Thanks for the well thought out post!:rolleyes:

Of course a ph5 who attacks 12 times over four hours should not match a ph9 who attacks once in 4 hours.....

Do you want an "I win" button cause you have max walls?

4. Thanks for the reply. That is more inline with what I would expect. The ph9 still on top, but not by miles.

5. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

I actually thought most of us had pretty low expectations about the rumble scoring change... :DD

I can't say its ideal, but its a MASSIVE improvement from the land of Mini domination.

John56 and beancounter like this.
  6. lol, dropped by Travis with my two gunners!

Switched back to farming army since a lost cause rumble. You just *had* to pop up twice in a row so I could not resist dropping troops. Have fun revenging. I got lots of gold!

7. hduwhyso

hduwhyso Crew

I think no guild will accept the new players.That's too hard for the new players

8. Skye

Skye Commodore

Guilds that don't care about competitive rumbling won't mind. There will always be different guilds depending on what you want out of the game. Casual players won't mind lower ranks because they aren't trying to win. High end guilds that care about winning won't take them, but even before rumbles started, leaderboard guilds still had PH and AC cutoffs.

If a PH4 thats fairly new could play competitively with a PH9, it wouldn't make sense. A PH4 should be able to cancel out a PH4, but a PH9 should crush it in every aspect. If you were playing a MMO in a battleground, and you had lv 20s and lv 60s, you'd expect the lv 60s would slaughter the lv 20s, but the lv 20s could still fight amongst each other leaving the lv 60s to compete amongst themselves. The lv 20 should in no instance ever be able to compete with a lv 60 that's put in considerably more time and effort getting stronger. This is just as a new player thats been playing a week shouldn't be joining an endgame rumbling guild and competing with 400 day veterans.

# Johnny Doe # likes this.
  9. Lady O'maley

Lady O'maley Captain

I'm just gonna upgrade like crazy .. As im am anyway ,, can't like being 6th in rumble , love to rumble and very much enjoyed being at the top , yes I work my butt off for that top spot , and I still will ,

Just means I have to work even harder to get the points ,, and relax a little when I get to the top ,after all u don't have to work as hard in rumble to get the points when ur a higher PH ,,

Makes me wonder if guilds will still be hitting 2nd or 1st place , if only a few high level PH will be joining in , as its a mix in our guild , only some higher level PH join in the rumble , and some low level , witch means the higher level PH will have to work harder to keep us at the top in rumble , poor them as they already work hard

Upgrade is important if u won't to work hard for ur guild ,,

10. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Who is going to bother dropping to PR1 just for a chance at 500 points? Lol. It's for chests... Someone who goes down to PR1 isn't battling PH9 islands. They look for easy PH destruction. You'll get little to no Plunder Points.

11. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

None of that changed from this new scoring, except streaks, which actually hurt you except for the items you get. Hurts your guilds as you aren't helping them, your not really getting loot trying to streak (if your bothering with loot, your wasting pirates, its all about the PH) you're not exploring, your not upgrading.

I get your point, but the update of streaks wasn't the cause of most of what you said. The one thing it DOES do is give us an option for faster LP upgrading, which was a huge amount of complaints since they've been available.

12. Skye

Skye Commodore

If you only kill the PH it doesn't give you that many points. Over 151 fights, under 5 were PH9, and maybe 5 more were PH8, which were the only ones that were snipable. They're very rare, and using full armies to take anything more than 1* makes it even slower. If you want to chain PH9s, the best place is where I normally rumble, in the low to mid 100s, where an 8 gem army will easily win, and after a massive streak (start it on low PHs and build it up) that will now be cut in half to 4-5 gems thanks to recruit time reduction.

13. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

And remember that the points for 3 stars as isles get stronger, 3 star is not a sure thing

14. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

Another thing we should all keep in mind, now that the new scoring system is in place, its a lot easier to tweak and rebalance any problems with it. Lets get thru a few weeks of rumbling and let the data add up. Then if there is an imbalance somewhere, it will be noticed and then its easier to adjust.

If not buy the crew in the back room, some of us will notice

15. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Amazingly people always complain about something...

HornyQuokka likes this.
  16. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

New rumble scoring is great. However they took away one component that is too important to overlook. The advantage players who push rank get over those who don't at same ph level. They took the VERY LAST thing that incentivized people to push rank away. Uggghhhhh....

17. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Honestly, what does PR really matter though? People would probably stay higher if they adjusted payouts up there though. Wish they would just fix that.

Raptelan likes this.
  18. [​IMG]

Dont Cry Mini Me

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  19. loud

loud Powder Monkey

all I have to add to this discussion is that with new system I who have a PH6 need to invest quite more time in rumbles to be able to compete, despite the fact that its extremely hard and risky to beat higher levels. so we are only 5-6 active we can get 4-5 strikes per day while others in resent rumble did 100 each ...
    other point with the scoring we were up against guilds with PH9 more than 5 (we have only 2) so in start we were 4000 to 300 in scoring, why play more? but if we stop rumbling then if more than us this game feature will become obsolete ... so think again .... thats my 2 cents

PS: no idea what these minis are but i assume that are PH done from multi accounts just to rumble, so if these are out too - no judging if this is fair or not - even fewer ppl to rumble

20. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

It's not supposed to be an equal score if you fight 4-5 times per day, vs 100. I can't be understanding that correctly... Higher level islands/players get more points because it takes us longer to actually recruit pirates. Someone with PH9 and max'd out pirates could easily wait 35-45 minutes for an army after the Pirate catcher perks are added. My PH8 army is 35 minutes because I like 2 witch doctors and I also use 1 heavy Gunner. They are slower pirates to recruit.

As for mini's. It was 2nd and 3rd account, usually. The issue was, they could fight MUCH faster than advanced players, due to their low recruit wait. I've seen mini islands put up 1000-3000bp in 1 rumble regularly. If they had 3-5 mini islands on one guild, can you see the issue here? Advanced players could not get anywhere near that unless they used alot of gems. That's why the scoring system changed.