Thunderstruck Event

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lynsey [Midoki], Apr 28, 2016.

1. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2. Alnemer

Alnemer Crew

Another random garbage answers and again

they talk about fair random garbage will happen after 1 - years if it's real

The only thing we will get is outfits worth 200 gems and u and ur gulid will have outfits worth 10,000 gems

And if we open our mouths @Skye will jumped in defense and his girl @Lynsey [Midoki] will support him

I start to think that @Lynsey [Midoki] + @Skye are the same person

3. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Nope, I'm a developer at Midoki, Skye is a player from the US (I think!) who researches and analyses the game in (slightly disturbing) depth. He frequently posts useful insights because he's a) a helpful individual, and b) has theorycrafted the game to the extreme, so is very knowledgeable.

We are not the same person, have never met, and I'm certainly not 'his girl' (btw, it's generally regarded as being offensive to refer to an adult woman as a 'girl', or to suggest that they belong to someone). Generally my posts will reaffirm what Skye has said, because he's normally correct (due to aforementioned theorycrafting).

Randomised reward systems are nothing new and are massively popular in many mobile games, and we have no plans to change ours.

Last edited: May 11, 2016
    Cocobean, Jonesy, Ian and 10 others like this.
  4. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

@Alnemer If you dislike the game so much, why do you still play? I am sure there are other games better suited to your expectations.

FlyingJoe's Fear likes this.
  5. flyingdoucheman

flyingdoucheman Magical Banner Wizard

Pick up stix is pretty low cost and affordable. Maybe we should try that. Look, all of us have jobs and lives and means to thrive in each. Play the cards you're dealt or fold and move on. All this we enjoy & complain about comes at many prices. The time we exhaust here together trumps all. Figure it out, that's the whole purpose of a forum. Be more constructive. If a wise man is drowning He doesn't complain about the water.

Tessa Rose, MorganFlint, Ian and 2 others like this.
  6. Alnemer

Alnemer Crew

I like the game... What I dislike is the random system thats give u and ur gulid every thing and the rest of players & gulids get less.

Go back to to the last event & LP u will see ur guild have everything before us with every thing and it comes to us after several months and when we say somthing u and ur guild want us to leave the game

7. awbo

awbo Captain

The event is awesome! I can't get over how good all the bases look. Our guild is really excited and rumbling 24/7 during the event as I'm sure many are. Good luck achieving all the rewards everyone!

Jonesy, Ian, Beck [Midoki] and 2 others like this.
  8. acersharp1

acersharp1 First Mate

@Lynsey [Midoki]

1. Thank you and your great team for such a wonderful and reward full event.
    2. I will (somewhat) easily achieve all of the awards due to volume and being a PH 10

3. However, I do have one complaint. My 9 year old son is PH4 and was so excited about the event. His first battle he received 3 points (granted he one starred a base). His max plunder points are 20-35 per base (3 star). I could tell he was very disappointed and I'm certain I am not the only parent or lower level player feeling this way.

I really feel like you should have designed a lower point total requirements for 1-3, 3-6 and 6-10 or something that would make the event achievable for everyone.

Thank you again and overall this rocks!

Urdrlaev likes this.
  9. John56

John56 First Mate

@acersharp1 I agree, I feel bad for the PH5's in our guild, who work their tails off and will likely be very lucky to hit 10,000 tokens. Perhaps for future events scaling the points needed for completion by PH level would encourage lower levels to participate fully in the hopes of completing the event.

10. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Ahoy acersharp!

Thanks for the kind words! As for lower level players - the events are always designed so that the the higher tier rewards/completion is a challenge for high level, dedicated players, and we like to think that it gives the lower level players something to aspire to!

However, we did make sure that all Pirate Hall levels have a shot at a good chunk of the lower level rewards, and the rewards are balanced accordingly - for example, if we changed the points requirements according to Pirate Hall level so that everybody could complete the event, we would also have to have 10 different reward trees (as we wouldn't be giving a PH4 player the same rewards as a PH10), plus it would cause issues if a player upgraded their Pirate Hall partway through the event, etc.

11. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

@Alnemer I am speaking for myself personally, not my guild or anyone else. I greatly appreciate the events giving FREE STUFF to everyone regardless if they gem or not. Every high level player can collect all the rewards without spending a single cent. Yet, people get on here and complain about it, even before the event starts. Negativity on this forum has driven many players away from it, and also has served to discouraged the Developers from posting as often. I don't disagree with criticism, but feel being productive in how you phrase it better serves to motivate the Devs to make the changes you want.

12. Skye

Skye Commodore

It was pretty cheap to finish it already. Only took about 1k gems which I'll easily make back for free by June. And I screwed up a lot of attacks, if I was on my A game I could have probably done it in a bit under 700.

13. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Fair warning to everyone, the Dapper Closet gives duplicates. So theoretically, you could do one event a month, completing every event and still only have one costume at the end of a year. Odds would be far fetched, but we know someone out of the hundred of thousands of players will have it happen.

I should add, it gives 1000 gems when you get a duplicate. At least that is a fair replacement.

14. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

So far, so good! I love the new strategy and thinking involved, as we adapt to different gameplay, although only temporarily. I also like how we get extra Tokens during the Storms, as it really encourages players to attack more often whilst the storm blows away. I thought the Rewards for Sir Henry Bogg's event were nice, but these are even better. I am almost getting a reward of some sort for every two or three attacks at the starting range in the event. Just another method of encouraging me, and others I hope, to participate in the event, and do the best they can. Big thank you to @Lynsey [Midoki] @Beck [Midoki] and the rest of the team, for taking the time and effort to come and follow through with this great idea. Keep up the great work mates!
    On a side note, I think the graphics are absolutely stunning ~ especially on Night Mode during Storms! Blows me away...:D

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  15. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

The event and the visual effects are awesome. I also appreciate the generous amounts of Battle Points being rewarded at the 7.5k, 15k, 23k and 37k marks. I believe that is slightly over 18K BP's (not counting possible BP's from rewarded chests).

That alone should stimulate quite an interest, but it does require prolonged dedication if you don't gem battles. It's that waiting process that molds you to the chair and causes your eyesight to get blurry... LOL

I'm trying tho ;)

TiGeR.

850arrr likes this.
  16. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

1 -- So I'm confused. Now while it is true, you can start a fire in the rain (yes, I've done it and no, I did NOT use lighter fluid or any other accelerant) but wouldn't the effectiveness of the Flame Gate be [severely] limited in a gale force storm?

2 --Does wind direction change during a storm?

17. Skye

Skye Commodore

While I did it in about 4 hours for 1k gems, its balanced so an active player can do it for free - if you attack 8-10 times a day, all 3* attacks, at a fairly high PR (501-600) you will finish it in the week. Lower PR/lower * and you'll have to attack slightly more, but not much. With rival and storm bonuses, its easy to score pretty high. See the scoring spreadsheet I made, it tells you how many attacks you'll need to manage over the course of the week.

Without Storm bonuses, I've managed 12.5k points in a day for free before, just attacking once an hour (I set an hourly alarm to remind me, once an hour, every hour I was awake), so someone with sufficient dedication should be able to manage at least half that (about 6300 points per day are needed to do it in 7 days).

Its not long single sessions, its repeated short sessions on a regular basis. The multi-hour grinds I gem out are awful, but the once an hour attack feels much less punishing.

Yes it does, its random like always!

I agree about flame gates, but I believe they actually have their damage boosted! Must be the stronger fuel they're burning :) Technically if the fuel source has an oxidizer in it, it can burn in the wind or under water or even out in space, and blowing on a fire in the right situations actually makes it burn hotter
    (think of a log rocket furnace - blowing in the intake hole makes the flame grow -
    )

18. ArcadeCat

ArcadeCat Powder Monkey

Does the Dapper Closet drop anything other than voodoo outfits? My silo is full and I don't want to open it just to find out I have to throw away all the LP materials.

19. Skye

Skye Commodore

Dapper only has one voodoo outfit in it and nothing else.

20. acersharp1

acersharp1 First Mate

Ok mr I finished in 4 hours :). Awesome and congrats!

Can we see picture of the outfit here and pirate all dressed? :). At worst tell us what you got!